BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-27-2022, 11:17 AM   #419
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40i xDrive

I've just had an update...my X5 is showing code 193 and is due to be delivered to the dealers on June 15th.
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2022, 12:50 PM   #420
Alfamale
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvern_man View Post
I've just had an update...my X5 is showing code 193 and is due to be delivered to the dealers on June 15th.
Good news on the delivery. What is the the 193 code ?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 05:03 PM   #421
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfamale View Post
Good news on the delivery. What is the the 193 code ?
Code 193 = Arrived at port of exit (Southampton)

I'm sure the BMW Genius said something along the lines of the car is going into storage.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 12:09 PM   #422
Alfamale
Private
Rep

Quote:

I'm sure the BMW Genius said something along the lines of the car is going into storage.
I spoke to Rybrook BMW today to get an update on my order and I was told there was no independent way for me to track the progress of my build / delivery !

The current update on my order is;

It is still in "Transit" status and has a campaign HELD on the car which means when arriving at port it will be being held by BMW to have a retro fit of a part at docks before heading on over from Germany to us.”

I’m told I’m still on track for end of June delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 12:20 PM   #423
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I spoke to Rybrook BMW today to get an update on my order and I was told there was no independent way for me to track the progress of my build / delivery !

It is still in "Transit" status and has a campaign HELD on the car which means when arriving at port it will be being held by BMW to have a retro fit of a part at docks before heading on over from Germany to us.”

I’m told I’m still on track for end of June delivery date.
I think you can only track your car once you have the VIN number from the dealer.

Apparently my X5 was delivered to the dealership yesterday (31st May)
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 12:25 PM   #424
Alfamale
Private
Rep

Quote:
I think you can only track your car once you have the VIN number from the dealer.

Apparently my X5 was delivered to the dealership yesterday (31st May)
I have the full VIN number from the dealer, and have ran it through a VIN decoder to double check the spec is correct.

I’m trying to keep updated on the build progress as I need to take my registration number off the car and get the V5C back in time for the car I am Part Exchanging in.

Hopefully you’ll get your car very soon then, good luck with it !
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 05:21 PM   #425
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I have the full VIN number from the dealer, and have ran it through a VIN decoder to double check the spec is correct.

I’m trying to keep updated on the build progress as I need to take my registration number off the car and get the V5C back in time for the car I am Part Exchanging in.

Hopefully you’ll get your car very soon then, good luck with it !
If you've got your VIN number then you'll be able to chat to the online BMW Genius, tell them your VIN and they'll tell you where abouts your car is, that's what I did and they told me quite a bit of info.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 05:30 PM   #426
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
Quote:

"It is still in "Transit" status and has a campaign HELD on the car which means when arriving at port it will be being held by BMW to have a retro fit of a part at docks before heading on over from Germany to us."

I'm told I'm still on track for end of June delivery date.
That sounds disturbingly familiar. My X3m sat in Germany did 4 months! For the HK audio amp. Zero updates from BMW during this time, basically until it turned up at the dealers! It just showed as in transit during that time and sat with estimated delivery of November until late February!

Car was built in October as scheduled, I took delivery at the end of March.

I hope yours is resolved more quickly than mine! Perhaps they have a better system in place now!

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 01:43 AM   #427
Alfamale
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
That sounds disturbingly familiar. My X3m sat in Germany did 4 months! For the HK audio amp. Zero updates from BMW during this time, basically until it turned up at the dealers! It just showed as in transit during that time and sat with estimated delivery of November until late February!

I hope yours is resolved more quickly than mine! Perhaps they have a better system in place now!
Ouch, and I wish I hadn’t read your post now ! I genuinely hope that’s not going to be the case for mine
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 03:31 AM   #428
foxG21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 all-black

Quote:

I'm in the exact same situation, please run your VIN through here: https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app.
Mine has a "no recall" enhancement with code = 0065630300 which means it was sent without central infotainment touchscreen, which has to be installed at the port..
hope that doesn't take months..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 04:21 AM   #429
Don Cannelloni
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMWX5 45e 2022, BMW330e 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxG21 View Post
I'm in the exact same situation, please run your VIN through here: https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app.
Mine has a "no recall" enhancement with code = 0065630300 which means it was sent without central infotainment touchscreen, which has to be installed at the port..

Yep, I used this link as well to keep tabs on the open campaigns against my car. I had two, one for the central screen and another for the stereo module (RAM).
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 12:27 PM   #430
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post

Ouch, and I wish I hadn’t read your post now ! I genuinely hope that’s not going to be the case for mine
It's a bit of a lottery. And BMW don't help by not providing any meaningful information.

Hopefully your car will get processed quickly, perhaps they've refined the process by now.

Fingers crossed mate.

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 05:10 PM   #431
Alfamale
Private
Rep

Quote:
Just checked and mine has this too. Not sure what this all means though! The dealer is saying end of June for delivery.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 03:32 AM   #432
Don Cannelloni
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMWX5 45e 2022, BMW330e 2023

Quote:
Just checked and mine has this too. Not sure what this all means though! The dealer is saying end of June for delivery.
As mentioned above, its a complete lottery. I had cars with later build dates than mine (knew this from my dealer) get their touchscreens before me and were delivered before mine...

My dealer kept giving me revised dates but the reality for me was that neither they or BMW Customer Service had any idea when the campaigns would close on my car.

I really hope they have sped up the process. Keep checking the link for the open campaigns - when it closes put pressure back on the dealer... Any idea how long it would take to get to delivery stage logistically once the campaign closes? (That's probably a question for those that have taken delivery in the UK recently)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 05:23 AM   #433
jojim65
Rep
Drives: 2015 M Sport F11

I have an X5 with Ivory white/black leather Vermasca upholstery due for delivery in late September. I have just been onto the configurator to see a synthetic called Silverstone Sensafin is now the standard from August. The nearest leather is Ivory white / black extended merino leather as a £995 extra.

I'll email the dealer on Monday, but would any know if I'll have to accept the imitation leather or would BMW honour the original order....

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 02:21 AM   #434
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojim65 View Post
I have an X5 with Ivory white/black leather Vermasca upholstery due for delivery in late September. I have just been onto the configurator to see a synthetic called Silverstone Sensafin is now the standard from August. The nearest leather is Ivory white / black extended merino leather as a £995 extra.

I'll email the dealer on Monday, but would any know if I'll have to accept the imitation leather or would BMW honour the original order....

Thanks
I would have thought you'd have been ok on that. Car should be built to your spec, the rest is just pricing. So given you ordered already, your price is locked in. I'd be amazed if it was any different

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 10:15 AM   #435
Alfamale
Private
Rep

Quote:

I’ve been keeping an eye on this from time to time and noted last week that my VIN has updated from Open to Closed for the 0065630300 defect code.

Hopefully this means it’s good to be shipped to the dealer now. Has anyone had any experience on how long this last stage of the delivery process has been taking of late ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 02:56 AM   #436
foxG21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 all-black

Quote:
I’ve been keeping an eye on this from time to time and noted last week that my VIN has updated from Open to Closed for the 0065630300 defect code.
That's good news for you, hope you can enjoy it very soon now! Still not for mine, so can't tell the time it takes afterwards..

What was your production date?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 03:50 PM   #437
Alfamale
Private
Rep

Quote:
That's good news for you, hope you can enjoy it very soon now! Still not for mine, so can't tell the time it takes afterwards..

What was your production date?
Thanks.

When I placed the order I was told end of June as a delivery date, which was one of the deciding factors of placing the order was the quick turnaround as my other car order had been kicked in to long grass. If it drags on too much longer I won’t be too happy to state the obvious.

The revised date now is end of July as of yesterday !

What’s more frustrating is the sheer lack of communication from the dealers / BMW on the delay, any reasons or any updates on progress or not.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 06:00 AM   #438
Apples12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 520D LCI auto

Hi everyone

We're just about to bite the bullet on our x5 45e and I was wondering if anyone had any (recent) success getting anything extra from the dealers? OR is the market such that it's a case of take it or leave it?

Thanks
Ahsan
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 10:09 AM   #439
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples12 View Post
Hi everyone

We're just about to bite the bullet on our x5 45e and I was wondering if anyone had any (recent) success getting anything extra from the dealers? OR is the market such that it's a case of take it or leave it?

Thanks
Ahsan
We felt lucky to get a local build at MSRP. Dealership wasn't budging on $1k of dealership addons. These were removed by doing PCD. When we got on the list in March we were #15 and got a June allocation.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 10:18 AM   #440
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples12 View Post
Hi everyone

Thanks
Ahsan

I got a £5000 discount off the car but they gave me £4667 less for my trade in than they originally said so really I only got £333 off the car...oh and enough petrol to do 50 miles.
Appreciate 0