BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-22-2023, 02:53 PM   #45
kk84us
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsurick View Post
Ohio
Got a call from my dealer in NY. They are expecting to receive it by Tue. I have scheduled a pickup for Wed. Excited!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2023, 02:02 PM   #46
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

My car is produced 06/15. Now it's 2-3 months to get in Europe
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2023, 09:28 PM   #47
weastwood
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 50e

Stuck in QC

Prod date was 6/14 but have been stuck in QC since then. 50e. Anyone stuck in the same boat? Will need to be shipped to west coast..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 08:17 AM   #48
bgsurick
bgsurick
Rep
Drives: 535i xDrive

Mine arrived at dealership last Friday night. Picking it up Wednesday afternoon. Pictures to come soon.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2023, 10:51 AM   #49
SwissBeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

Late to the party but mine arrived at the dealership in Germany last Friday only to find that the rear bumper and trunk had been damaged during shipping. Both will need to be replaced, so another few weeks of waiting and of course the uncertainty around the quality of the repair concerning color matching and gaps - Lovely!

My timeline (Individual Color)

March 1st: Order
June 24th: Production
July 28th: Arrival at dealership
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 02:48 AM   #50
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissBeemer View Post
Late to the party but mine arrived at the dealership in Germany last Friday only to find that the rear bumper and trunk had been damaged during shipping. Both will need to be replaced, so another few weeks of waiting and of course the uncertainty around the quality of the repair concerning color matching and gaps - Lovely!

My timeline (Individual Color)

March 1st: Order
June 24th: Production
July 28th: Arrival at dealership
Our car was probably on the same ship my production was in the same period.
The car is currently in Zeebrugge waiting for transport to the dealer. Apparently there are too few transporters so there is a pile of BMW’s at Zeebrugge awaiting transport.

Do you know where the car got damaged. On the ship or from Bremerhaven to the dealer?

Hopefully the CEL issue isn’t the next thing to happen…
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 03:33 AM   #51
SwissBeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Our car was probably on the same ship my production was in the same period.
The car is currently in Zeebrugge waiting for transport to the dealer. Apparently there are too few transporters so there is a pile of BMW’s at Zeebrugge awaiting transport.

Do you know where the car got damaged. On the ship or from Bremerhaven to the dealer?

Hopefully the CEL issue isn’t the next thing to happen…
Yes they were both most likely on the DON PASQUALE.

Transport seems to be an issue at Bremerhaven as well. There's people on the German forum that waited almost 2 months for the transport from the ship to the dealer.

No info on where it happened. I suspect it was from Bremerhaven to the dealer but there's no way of knowing really.

Yes, if the CEL comes on I won't be driving the car that was produced in June until October/November.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 09:05 AM   #52
SwissBeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Car still at the dealer - While BMW finally gave it's go-ahead to start with the repairs, after one month, the parts are not available. No clue how long this will take now, but I suspect it will be a tad longer and I'm honestly quite fed up with it. Ordered the car almost 6 months ago, it's a month with the dealer now, and even if it will ever be "complete" I don't know yet how the paintjob by the unknown 3rd party will turn out. I'm not looking forward to it at all anymore and almost don't want to take it.

I've therefor made an appointment next week with a Lotus dealer to test-drive the Eletre S. Unfortunately I only learned about this car after I already ordered the X5 otherwise I might've gone with the Eletre right away, although it's obviously a bigger leap of faith than the X5 so maybe I would've waited to see one in person anyways. And now with the transport damages maybe giving me a way out of the contract it might be an option. Of course another 6 months of delivery time but maybe I can find some in-stock cars in the next month or two ...

All my car-purchases combined were not as frustrating as this one even though this is my first new car and the most expensive one as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 09:34 AM   #53
SwissBeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hard to believe but I was actually able to pick it up yesterday. The rear diffusor still has transport damage as the part is still not available and I've also damaged the trunk lid not realizing it is opening too far for the ceiling of my carport but I won't let this distract me from the absolute pleasure this car is.

So far the best I ever had - By a mile.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Heavyd867.50
LDT1620.50
arRod1981940.00
      09-20-2023, 01:58 PM   #54
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hard to believe but I was actually able to pick it up yesterday. The rear diffusor still has transport damage as the part is still not available and I've also damaged the trunk lid not realizing it is opening too far for the ceiling of my carport but I won't let this distract me from the absolute pleasure this car is.

Congratulations! Nice color. I have Manhattan green. I would remove the badges from the rear. It would look much nicer. With all the black accents they are not in place IMO. I removed mine, I only have the M badges on the side.

First thing I do in a new car is the set the trunk height in idrive so it doesn't open completely

Yes, it's really a very nice car. Even much better than the 45e.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 08:55 PM   #55
Brontzi
Romania
Rep
Drives: 24 X5 40i/18 F30 330i xdr

Quote:

congratulation and enjoy.
It is a magnific color. worth the waiting.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2023, 01:53 AM   #56
SwissBeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Congratulations! Nice color. I have Manhattan green. I would remove the badges from the rear. It would look much nicer. With all the black accents they are not in place IMO. I removed mine, I only have the M badges on the side.
I agree but there was no option in the configurator to remove them and the dealer refused to remove them as well, allegedly because a PHEV has to be identifiable by emergency services in case of an accident. I thought I'll leave them on for now and either go black or remove them later on.

Do you happen to have pictures of yours?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2023, 02:05 AM   #57
Heavyd
Major
Rep

That’s just bullshit. My dealer removed them. There is a charging flap and you have the blue roundels that only electric vehicles have.
If a truck plowed in the rear the emergency services also can’t see 50e. That argument is a fallacy.
There are car brands that give the option to remove that crap on electric vehicles, such as Porsche.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      09-21-2023, 03:44 AM   #58
NebulousWaffle
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
That’s just bullshit. My dealer removed them. There is a charging flap and you have the blue roundels that only electric vehicles have.
If a truck plowed in the rear the emergency services also can’t see 50e. That argument is a fallacy.
There are car brands that give the option to remove that crap on electric vehicles, such as Porsche.
Totally agree here. I'd find it highly unlikely that in the event of an emergency, the first responders would be relying on the insignia located on a vehicle to determine the best course of action. These badges are of infinitely more use to the marketing department than your local emergency services department. You should find no concern in removing/modifying these badges as you see fit.

Enjoy the new ride! The Manhattan Green seems to be one of those special colors that is appreciated more as time goes by. You'll really start to notice how many white/grey/black cars there are out there.
Appreciate 0