05-11-2021, 09:03 PM   #265
f34
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 X6 m60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtfitzvi View Post
40i or m50i order?

I heard from other members the HK option is gone completely or if the car comes standard with HK you'll still get it and also a chance the car might be built to base radio even if HK is standard. Not sure what to believe since no one has a clear answer.

I have an x7 m50i on order but the HK is missing from my stand options list. Beginning to worry….I don't think I'll take delivery of the car shows up with base radio.
Which is your dealer? I still have H/K in my standard features but my build week was pushed back 6-7 weeks. (And I'm waiting for an X5, not and X7.) I'd much rather get downgraded and go into production now, than wait all that time.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 09:56 PM   #266
FracGuy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by f34 View Post
I have an M50i on order that was mysteriously pushed back 6 weeks today. CA says it's a parts issue but no word yet on which one or why.
When did you place the order, and what was the status when you learned of the delay (Order Received, Scheduled for Production, etc)?

Thx....and good luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 05:38 AM   #267
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

Just received notice this morning that HK has been removed from my UK WK23 build. I have subsequently cancelled my order.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 06:05 AM   #268
nunp
Private
Rep
Drives: RR Velar, Audi S5

Sorry to hear that. My current build is week 27 so I suspect this will impact my order too and if the case I’m gutted as was really looking forward to receiving the X5. Did your dealer let you know or did you need to ask. First air suspension and now HK and like you I will refuse to proceed with the order and cancel.
Appreciate 1
thereef5101165.00
      05-12-2021, 06:10 AM   #269
Antoine Ego
Registered
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 30d G06 2021

Got my X6 G06 in the end of April.
Produced in March.
Here in Russia, Harman / Kardon is still present, as are the heated cup holders

Looking at the Russian BMW web page right now.
All the above is available to order.

Last edited by Antoine Ego; 05-12-2021 at 06:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 06:44 AM   #270
r32e90
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Verified with my local dealer in Illinois that the HK radio is no longer available. However he did mention that it will be returning in the 2022 model year. I am rather suspicious of this, why are they assuming that the chip shortage will be over next year? Also when does the 2022 model your begin production?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 06:49 AM   #271
KCH1984
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by r32e90 View Post
Verified with my local dealer in Illinois that the HK radio is no longer available. However he did mention that it will be returning in the 2022 model year. I am rather suspicious of this, why are they assuming that the chip shortage will be over next year? Also when does the 2022 model your begin production?
Same info I got, although it was along the lines of "HK won't be returning before MY2022" which I took as being that's the earliest we can expect to see it back. It sounds like any builds until at least Q4 this year will be impacted.
      05-12-2021, 07:21 AM   #272
FastMarkA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
he did mention that it will be returning in the 2022 model year. I am rather suspicious of this
As you should be. Smart.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 08:04 AM   #273
nunp
Private
Rep

Folks I’ve just heard from a UK BMW dealer that I’m leasing another car from, that the restriction on Harman Kardon, comfort access and enhanced Bluetooth is only for cars built from week 21 to 26. At the moment my build date is 27 so will not be impacted by the shortage but those that are cancelling your orders check with your dealers whether they can give you another build date. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 10:01 AM   #274
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunp View Post
Folks I’ve just heard from a UK BMW dealer that I’m leasing another car from, that the restriction on Harman Kardon, comfort access and enhanced Bluetooth is only for cars built from week 21 to 26. At the moment my build date is 27 so will not be impacted by the shortage but those that are cancelling your orders check with your dealers whether they can give you another build date. Hope this helps.
I sincerely hope your dealer is right. My dealer is Park Lane in London which is the only BMW owned dealer in the UK. If they are struggling to provide cars I am guessing others will certainly too.

My order was cancelled just before it was locked in but no mention of the temporary suspension of HK and EB from Wk21 to Wk26.

All the best!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 10:07 AM   #275
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am guessing that as with any model year changes the supply chain will switch over to the 'new' parts soon, which means it impacts upon supplies from the previous model year. In normal times the suppliers would produce a 'buffer' of stock to eliminate any shortages during the MY changeover, unfortunately that has not been possible this year.

So it could be that the supply chain are preparing for the introduction of 22MY.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 11:09 AM   #276
KCH1984
Major
Rep

Quote:
I'm week 27...have been told my build slot means I'll get EBT and wireless charging, but no HK. I've ordered through Park Lane.
      05-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #277
nunp
Private
Rep

Bummer. I should hear from my supplying dealer tomorrow. Those whose orders have been affected by the issues and HK removed, did your dealers indicate whether the price of the car will be reduced to reflect the missing options. If not that’s out of order from BMW. I’m in two minds whether to cancel if my order is impacted - if my monthly lease payment is reduced then I might consider continuing with the order. How crap is the standard HiFi V HK?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 04:53 PM   #278
amanhasnoname
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 40i

I didn't have the tech pack on my order. But I was told today that the wireless charging will be removed from my order.

The strange thing is I have no build slot yet so I'm not sure about the temp suspension from Wk21 to Wk26. I did ask them if it would be available for MY22 and I wouldn't mind if it was delayed but was told it will be unavailable on those builds too.

I also asked if they could lower my monthly amounts to reflect this but they said no because wireless charging was a standard feature.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 05:04 PM   #279
KCH1984
Major
Rep

Quote:
Bummer. I should hear from my supplying dealer tomorrow. Those whose orders have been affected by the issues and HK removed, did your dealers indicate whether the price of the car will be reduced to reflect the missing options. If not that’s out of order from BMW. I’m in two minds whether to cancel if my order is impacted - if my monthly lease payment is reduced then I might consider continuing with the order. How crap is the standard HiFi V HK?
So the removal of HK means there's no such thing as the tech pack right now, on U.K. orders at least. I was told I could spec back the other individuals options (HUD ant Gesture Control) separately, or just proceed with the car without the tech pack (and associated cost obviously). In the end I've ended up adding B&W and Skylounge (you can't have B&W without it) and dropping the HUD and gesture control. Wireless charging was a standard option (which should still be on my build) but no idea if there is a price reduction for those now not getting it.
      05-12-2021, 06:15 PM   #280
Dogmatick
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40D 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanhasnoname View Post
I didn't have the tech pack on my order. But I was told today that the wireless charging will be removed from my order.

The strange thing is I have no build slot yet so I'm not sure about the temp suspension from Wk21 to Wk26. I did ask them if it would be available for MY22 and I wouldn't mind if it was delayed but was told it will be unavailable on those builds too.

I also asked if they could lower my monthly amounts to reflect this but they said no because wireless charging was a standard feature.
Sure it was standard and priced in as a standard part of the car

But now it isn't there and so a reduction should be made. By this logic they could remove wheels as a standard part of the car etc etc Extreme but only to emphasise how illogical their argument is and they are after all German (as is my wife and I face this daily)

I would fight if I were you, as petty a thing as it is - it is hugely convenient and will bug you every single time you're fishing a cable to plug your phone in

"Oh yeah this should be as simple as...."
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 06:21 PM   #281
nunp
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCH1984 View Post
So the removal of HK means there's no such thing as the tech pack right now, on U.K. orders at least. I was told I could spec back the other individuals options (HUD ant Gesture Control) separately, or just proceed with the car without the tech pack (and associated cost obviously). In the end I've ended up adding B&W and Skylounge (you can't have B&W without it) and dropping the HUD and gesture control. Wireless charging was a standard option (which should still be on my build) but no idea if there is a price reduction for those now not getting it.
Do you mind if I ask, if financed, how much the pan roof and B&O added to the monthly payments.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 06:22 PM   #282
Dogmatick
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCH1984 View Post
You can't have B&W without SkyLounge ?? How come ? Do the lights do some sort of disco thing with the B&W lol

I've ordered a specific vehicle and if it isn't exactly that then they can keep it and I am perfectly happy to wait another year in the hope that X7 PHEV happens or at least a more dense battery in the X5.
It really ought to happen as the X7 cannot be a PHEV in China without 80KM pure electric range so that improvement ought to reflect straight away on the X5

Or at least I hope that's the case
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 06:24 PM   #283
Dogmatick
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Do you mind if I ask, if financed, how much the pan roof and B&O added to the monthly payments.
If you grab the costs of the items and add them to your total cost and know your other figures like interest, deposit etc then this will help

https://www.carwow.co.uk/pcp-calculator
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 07:12 PM   #284
nunp
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatick View Post
If you grab the costs of the items and add them to your total cost and know your other figures like interest, deposit etc then this will help

https://www.carwow.co.uk/pcp-calculator
Thanks. Mine is on a PCH so I might expect to pay the full cost over the term.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 07:16 PM   #285
Dogmatick
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I would expect to anyway as normally options come out at £0 at term end as far as the finance bods are concerned
But then when the dealer wants to resell...

Oh but Sir, this car has X and Y and the very rarely ever specified Z ! Adds a lot to the price....
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2021, 02:07 AM   #286
KCH1984
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatick View Post
I would expect to anyway as normally options come out at £0 at term end as far as the finance bods are concerned
But then when the dealer wants to resell...

Oh but Sir, this car has X and Y and the very rarely ever specified Z ! Adds a lot to the price....
I'm on a PCP. The B&W and the Skylounge increase the GFV by about £1,500 but the options cost around £5k combined. The finance delta is therefore £3.5k and as a general rule of thumb every £1k finances adds c.£20pm over a 4 year term. On PCH those options look like they add nearly £100pm, which is a lot when you know you're definitely handing back at the end. If I was leasing I don't think I'd have so readily added those options.

On the need to spec Skylounge as well, it's something to do with the wiring apparently. Must be to do with the fancy lighting as mentioned.