04-13-2021, 12:57 PM   #111
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
No DAP features that use landmasks ARE controlled by geolocation. Take aSLA as an example. Some owners drive their cars from one region (in europe) to another and features turn on or off depending on where they are located. If their landmasks were set to FFx that wouldnt happen. They would, for the most part, always be on no matter where they were located.

TJA is hard software block at the car level. Ignore that as its a one off and a bad example.

The FA defined region features turn coding like TJA on and off in HU_MGU, BDC, SAS etc, menus and the like, but if you arent located in a the right geo location they wont work (unless you hack the landmasks to FFx of course).

Thanks
I will ask the university to give you a professorship as a bmw coding teacher and I will enroll in your courses
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 02:23 PM   #112
chris88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x3 f25

Quote:
No DAP features that use landmasks ARE controlled by geolocation. Take aSLA as an example. Some owners drive their cars from one region (in europe) to another and features turn on or off depending on where they are located. If their landmasks were set to FFx that wouldnt happen. They would, for the most part, always be on no matter where they were located.

TJA is hard software block at the car level. Ignore that as its a one off and a bad example.

The FA defined region features turn coding like TLA on and off in HU_MGU, BDC, SAS etc, menus and the like, but if you arent located in a the right geo location they wont work (unless you hack the landmasks to FFx of course).
sorry for asking again.
my vehicle has version 03/2021.30 and the traffic light is present but not active in switzerland. now if i change the _landmasks to ffffff then the tla works?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 02:35 PM   #113
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris88 View Post
Quote:

The FA defined region features turn coding like TLA on and off in HU_MGU, BDC, SAS etc, menus and the like, but if you arent located in a the right geo location they wont work (unless you hack the landmasks to FFx of course).
sorry for asking again.
my vehicle has version 03/2021.30 and the traffic light is present but not active in switzerland. now if i change the _landmasks to ffffff then the tla works?
Not sure anyone has tried it in Switzerland but I'd say more likely than not it would work.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 05:08 AM   #114
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

I have been reading the last few pages of this thread a couple times now with the eminent information shared by ifr regarding the landmasks and the FA defined region set up.

In summary:
  • 1- I understand that Driver Assistance Package (DAP) in our cars have features (like aSLA) that use the landmasks to control and (de)activate these depending on location.
    For a car that has no coding, the landmasks will determine whether or not a feature is active.
    For a car that has the landmasks changed to FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, these limitations based on location are bypassed and the features remain active (when available).

2- I also understand that some other features (like Traffic Jam Assistant), which are also part of DAP, do not rely on these rules but instead are blocked at the car level (whatever that means but I suspect that this cannot be changed through coding).

3- It is my understanding that some features from DAP work with the cameras (KAFAS) and with the navigation system data. A car located in a region that is different from the maps being loaded may not be able to make use of some features because the map data would be missing. Relying on signs reading through KAFAS might not be sufficient. Speed Limit Information (SLI), which is the most basic DAP feature for example, seems to rely on both the cameras and the navigation maps.

4- Lastly, I understand that the car also has specific configuration based on regions, both at FA level. I see this for example with:
    • type : US (with code 186) and ECE (code 155).
    • TypSchlussel where the the code ending with 3 is for the US and 1 for the ECE.

Do these (point #4) have an impact in any way on DAP features ?

Have I made any error in my summary ?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 03:42 AM   #115
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consuldean View Post
I have been reading the last few pages of this thread a couple times now with the eminent information shared by ifr regarding the landmasks and the FA defined region set up.

In summary:
  • 1- I understand that Driver Assistance Package (DAP) in our cars have features (like aSLA) that use the landmasks to control and (de)activate these depending on location.
    For a car that has no coding, the landmasks will determine whether or not a feature is active.
    For a car that has the landmasks changed to FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, these limitations based on location are bypassed and the features remain active (when available).

2- I also understand that some other features (like Traffic Jam Assistant), which are also part of DAP, do not rely on these rules but instead are blocked at the car level (whatever that means but I suspect that this cannot be changed through coding).

3- It is my understanding that some features from DAP work with the cameras (KAFAS) and with the navigation system data. A car located in a region that is different from the maps being loaded may not be able to make use of some features because the map data would be missing. Relying on signs reading through KAFAS might not be sufficient. Speed Limit Information (SLI), which is the most basic DAP feature for example, seems to rely on both the cameras and the navigation maps.

4- Lastly, I understand that the car also has specific configuration based on regions, both at FA level. I see this for example with:
    • type : US (with code 186) and ECE (code 155).
    • TypSchlussel where the the code ending with 3 is for the US and 1 for the ECE.

Do these (point #4) have an impact in any way on DAP features ?

Have I made any error in my summary ?
There is also country codes eg 801 for Germany 810 for Australia in your FA that also contain additional country specific FDL commands for various ECU's installed in your car that may affect DAP functions
In addition to this there is also special codes in the FA like 8TR that prevent or decode Lane Change Assist from working

In the later case this could be because the hardware fitted to that specific car may be incompatible for the function to work or have some other option fitted that could interfere with it working properly e.g. individual paint that is thicker than normal and contains metallic particles that interfere with the radar sensors
      04-15-2021, 07:08 AM   #116
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
There is also country codes eg 801 for Germany 810 for Australia in your FA that also contain additional country specific FDL commands for various ECU's installed in your car that may affect DAP functions
In addition to this there is also special codes in the FA like 8TR that prevent or decode Lane Change Assist from working
I meant just that
Where I need to put The 810 code to create a FA’s German car?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 07:25 AM   #117
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpgiuliano View Post
I meant just that
Where I need to put The 810 code to create a FA’s German car?
It's 801, not 810 (AUSY) but SALAPA, same as the other options.

Do you have any country variant for Italy? I don't see it as an option so what do you have set?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 08:47 AM   #118
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:

Do you have any country variant for Italy? I don't see it as an option so what do you have set?
I don’t know.. I will verify this evening
I have my salapa’s elements on other pc
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 11:43 AM   #119
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:

this is all my salapa
610,654,688,6AE,6AF,6AK,6C4,6NW,6U3,6U8,6UH,6WD,70 4,710,715,760,775,7LF,855,884,8KB,8R9,8TF,962,999, 9AA

the only reference to language is
S855 Language version italian
S884 On-board Literature italian

in type my car is [155]ECE
in otpional i have [1122] 230_EU_SPECIFIC_ADDITIONAL_EQUIPMENT

Last edited by Fpgiuliano; 04-15-2021 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 1
ifr1196.50
      04-15-2021, 08:08 PM   #120
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpgiuliano View Post
this is all my salapa
610,654,688,6AE,6AF,6AK,6C4,6NW,6U3,6U8,6UH,6WD,70 4,710,715,760,775,7LF,855,884,8KB,8R9,8TF,962,999, 9AA

the only reference to language is
S855 Language version italian
S884 On-board Literature italian

in type my car is [155]ECE
in otpional i have [1122] 230_EU_SPECIFIC_ADDITIONAL_EQUIPMENT
I assume you have 5AL,5AQ,5AU & 5DN
What is 8R9?
      04-15-2021, 11:55 PM   #121
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
I assume you have 5AL,5AQ,5AU & 5DN
What is 8R9?

No I don’t have 5AL.. active protection

Starting with 5...
S534 Automatic Air Conditioning
S548 Kilometre Speedo
S5A1 LED Fog Lights
S5AC High-Beam Assistant
S5AQ Active Guard Plus
S5AU Driving Assistant Professional
S5AZ BMW Laserlicht
S5DA Passenger Airbag Deactivation
S5DC Rear-Seat Headrests, Folding
S5DN Parking Assistance System Plus

S8R9 is Refrigerant R1234yf

Last edited by Fpgiuliano; 04-16-2021 at 12:13 AM..
Appreciate 0