BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-23-2021, 11:48 AM   #1
Seanhamm
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Order status with bmw genius

I just got off the phone with a bmw genius. I was asking for status of production and she noted that they are so behind right now that the only status that they will see is when the vehicle enters production and when it ends. All the in between stages have to be manually entered and she said they just don't have time to.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 12:32 PM   #2
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanhamm View Post
I just got off the phone with a bmw genius. I was asking for status of production and she noted that they are so behind right now that the only status that they will see is when the vehicle enters production and when it ends. All the in between stages have to be manually entered and she said they just don't have time to.
From what people are posting within the last 2-3 weeks they are still seeing updates posted....production begins, assembly line, quality check status, etc..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgg06 View Post
Mine had production completion date of 2/5 initially, then moved up to 2/2. It sat on production begins status till yesterday AM from January 21st. Then moved to enter assembly line all of sudden. This morning it is saying in quality check status. Soon it should be Atlanta!
      02-25-2021, 12:59 PM   #3
Seanhamm
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqgambler View Post
Quote:
From what people are posting within the last 2-3 weeks they are still seeing updates posted....production begins, assembly line, quality check status, etc..
Quote:
Mine had production completion date of 2/5 initially, then moved up to 2/2. It sat on production begins status till yesterday AM from January 21st. Then moved to enter assembly line all of sudden. This morning it is saying in quality check status. Soon it should be Atlanta!
Called genius again today and my estimated completion date is Monday the 1st and the tracker hasn't moved at all :/
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 01:13 PM   #4
NS231
Rep
Drives: 2023 M550, 2024 iX50

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Called genius again today and my estimated completion date is Monday the 1st and the tracker hasn't moved at all :/
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sounds like for the most part (based on the hundreds of posts I've read waiting for mine lol, my build is supposed to be 3/2…) that the remainder of the build statuses tend to happen quickly on the same day. so if you don't check actively 3/1 you may see it awaiting carrier by EOD
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 01:13 PM   #5
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Don't expect real-time updates like Amazon or other eCommerce sites. BMW order and build status updating hasn't improved over the years.

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 01:54 PM   #6
Dwillbimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6 sDrive 40i

Because of how the status codes are broken down, there’s usually a lot of sitting in one status for a while before the physical build actually starts, and then it quickly jumps through. Prior to actual build, there are only about 3 statuses that you’ll see. Order received, scheduled for production, and production begins. It can sit for many days in the first two statuses, and even when you get to the third, it’s normally a week-10 day wait because all “production begins” means is that it has a VIN and they are gathering all of the parts that they need. When they start the physical build, it only takes a day or two, but there are like 7 or 8 build statuses that you blow through in those two days. In my experience, those weren’t updated in real time on the myBMW garage, so even if you checked every couple of hours, you necessarily wouldn’t see all of them.

If your estimated build completion date is 3/1, I wouldn’t expect to see any change until 2/27 or 2/28.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2021, 01:57 PM   #7
rsgg06
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 Accord Ducati Diavel Di

Quote:
Completion date is the date it enters assembly line. Same day may pass quality check or next day and get assigned to carrier for pickup. Standard drama. May be a day or before it enters paint booth.

All updates happen close to completion date from the day production begun status with a long gap!
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2021, 02:21 PM   #8
Gumi
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 xDrive30e

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, the status start to move a day before the completion date. After completion, expecting another 4-5 weeks transit to Oregon. Mine hopfully will arrive at dealership in 2 weeks.
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2021, 05:23 PM   #9
Seanhamm
Private
Rep

Quote:
Does the Spartanburg factory run on the weekends? I really want Monday to be the completion date and from the sounds of it, it's really not finished that day. Is there anyway it could be at the dealership in Maryland by the end of the week?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 06:12 PM   #10
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Does the Spartanburg factory run on the weekends? I really want Monday to be the completion date and from the sounds of it, it's really not finished that day. Is there anyway it could be at the dealership in Maryland by the end of the week?
No Spartanburg plant does not usually run on weekends. Plant does operate Sunday shifts during the holidays.

It doesn't take long to ship from Greer, SC to BMW VDC in Baltimore depending on logistics. Once loaded, it's up to BMW's logistics partner to get your vehicle to where it needs to go.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 10:21 AM   #11
Seanhamm
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
No Spartanburg plant does not usually run on weekends. Plant does operate Sunday shifts during the holidays.

It doesn't take long to ship from Greer, SC to BMW VDC in Baltimore depending on logistics. Once loaded, it's up to BMW's logistics partner to get your vehicle to where it needs to go.
The tracker updated overnight to entering assembly line. Since the plant doesn't operate on the weekends, I'm hoping it's completed on Monday and maybe to the dealership by the end of the week!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 10:32 AM   #12
Lance Alot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M50i

Quote:
The tracker updated overnight to entering assembly line. Since the plant doesn't operate on the weekends, I'm hoping it's completed on Monday and maybe to the dealership by the end of the week!
It will finish up on Friday, but there is unfortunately nothing to do but wait. Has to go through QC and get released to the carrier, and then you are on THEIR schedule. Weekend delivery is possible, but so is early next week.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 01:23 PM   #13
bobbis1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Where in MD are you picking up- I’m hoping mine is ready in Catonsville for Saturday too.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2021, 09:56 AM   #14
Seanhamm
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbis1 View Post
Quote:
Where in MD are you picking up- I’m hoping mine is ready in Catonsville for Saturday too.
Mine is going to Catonsville also and left the VPC Monday. I'm hoping it shows up at the dealer anytime
Appreciate 0