Closed Thread

02-16-2021, 04:16 PM   #52383
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Good to have you back!
For now! I'll be on...., better...., behavior.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 04:17 PM   #52384
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mein11 View Post
For now! I'll be on...., better...., behavior.
Oh lord lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 05:12 PM   #52385
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mein11 View Post

Haven't you always been old and grumpy?!

Fun fact: I started the original What's That You Wanna Chit Chat thread. Good times, good times.
Grumpy yes old no most here still older than me.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 05:16 PM   #52386
Mein11
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Grumpy yes old no most here still older than me.
Try yelling at a kid to get off your lawn, might help with the grumpiness. That or a Snicker's bar.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 07:28 PM   #52387
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I stack em like in nam.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 07:29 PM   #52388
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
I stack em like in nam.
You are on one today
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 07:36 PM   #52389
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I can do this all day.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 11:38 PM   #52390
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
I can do this all day.
At least until bedtime around 8:45
      02-17-2021, 07:47 AM   #52391
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

930, thank you very much
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 02:54 PM   #52392
Mein11
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
At least until bedtime around 8:45
Quote:
930, thank you very much
How the hell you guys manage to stay up so late?!?!
Appreciate 1
FizzyElf133.00
      02-18-2021, 03:14 PM   #52393
Mein11
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Shower after dinner, finish with about 5 seconds in the cold water
Cold water? I didn't realize you were Finnish!
Appreciate 1
UncleWede17962.50
      02-22-2021, 03:17 AM   #52394
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

sup bitches?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 06:59 AM   #52395
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Finally got a chance to see the new M3 and M4 live... as I am banned on the M3 forum, I can't state my opinions but overall-

1) I don't hate the looks but I don't think it's a good looking car... its a mish mash of a lot of different angles. The M4 coupe is especially reminiscent of a GTR from the side... no one actually thinks it looks good but people think its cool so they buy it.

2) The cars are REALLY large... just wait till you see them live.

3) Interior is a major upgrade in every way... higher end materials / more luxurious etc.

Overall nothing about this car (outside of it being new) says I gotta have it or give me that must have feeling like the F80 did when it came out.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 09:06 AM   #52396
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Most stupid question award....... I can put duct tape or electrical tape over a motion sensor light and it will not illuminate, correct? I'm having an issue at night with a light, but the problem is there's no way it's detecting motion (the door is closed), so covering the sensor probably won't solve my problem, will it?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 09:37 AM   #52397
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Most stupid question award....... I can put duct tape or electrical tape over a motion sensor light and it will not illuminate, correct? I'm having an issue at night with a light, but the problem is there's no way it's detecting motion (the door is closed), so covering the sensor probably won't solve my problem, will it?
If you cover the sensor, it will not detect motion. If the light is motion activated, covering the sensor will not activate said light. If there is a switch to turn off said light, I would use this. Another option is to unscrew the light bulb.

What kind of issue are you having with said light and why is it only at night? Does the light not work during the day? Or does the light being emitted during the day not bother you? Does it light only at day and not at night? Is it stalking you at night but not during the day? Have you seen this alleged light during daylight? I think your light might be a vampire. I would hang garlic around yourself at night. Also I would try to put a wooden stake through the middle of that thing at your earliest convenience. Wait......wait until just before dusk and remove the bulb. As soon as the sun sets, splash holy water into the exposed socket....THEN....QUICKLY, jam a wooden stake in there with everything you have in you. Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll send you my witch doctor's contact info in New Orleans.

Keep us posted.
Appreciate 1
Buug95917177.00
      03-05-2021, 10:15 AM   #52398
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
the sensor has a range of 10'-15', so anyone walking by or car passing by or bird flying will trigger the light off. you might be able to change the duration of light. I have one right over my double door garage, and it has a setting switch.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 10:17 AM   #52399
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
If you cover the sensor, it will not detect motion. If the light is motion activated, covering the sensor will not activate said light. If there is a switch to turn off said light, I would use this. Another option is to unscrew the light bulb.

What kind of issue are you having with said light and why is it only at night? Does the light not work during the day? Or does the light being emitted during the day not bother you? Does it light only at day and not at night? Is it stalking you at night but not during the day? Have you seen this alleged light during daylight? I think your light might be a vampire. I would hang garlic around yourself at night. Also I would try to put a wooden stake through the middle of that thing at your earliest convenience. Wait......wait until just before dusk and remove the bulb. As soon as the sun sets, splash holy water into the exposed socket....THEN....QUICKLY, jam a wooden stake in there with everything you have in you. Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll send you my witch doctor's contact info in New Orleans.

Keep us posted.
I have no idea why it only does this at night, but it’s starting to freak me out LOL.

This is what’s happening. During the day I leave my walk in closet door open. It’s a rather large closet for an apartment (no complaint’s there whatsoever.) Only half the time the light turns on when I standing in the closet. Most of the time I have to wave my arms around for it to turn on, but there is enough light in my bedroom that I usually don’t care if it turns on or not during the day as I can still see and I’m only in my closet a few seconds to grab whatever outfit I need.

The issue is at night. All evening long I’ll still have my closet door open and be walking around and about my room, or in the bathroom turning lights on and off and the closet remains dark, as it should. When I go to sleep I close the doors. When I wake up in the middle of the night, for whatever reason, to go to the bathroom, to get a glass of water, whatever it may be, every time I walk back in my room I can see the light on in my closet as I can see the glow illuminating the whole door frame. Mind you, I haven’t turned on any lights in the apartment when I get up in the middle of the night. I’ve gone as far as to put a pillow down in front of the door to the walk in closet in case for whatever reason it could sense me walking from underneath the door (even though there’s no shadow or anything) and that didn’t work. The sensor was still activated some how and turned on the light.

I don’t understand why when I’m standing inside my closet, it only comes on half the time, but when I’m on the other side of my apartment at 3:00 A.M. with no lights on and the door completely shut, it activates. What poltergeist shit is this? I think I’m going to purchase electrical tape and try that method. If that doesn’t work I’ll need your voodoo doctor information.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 11:18 AM   #52400
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
I have no idea why it only does this at night, but it’s starting to freak me out LOL.

This is what’s happening. During the day I leave my walk in closet door open. It’s a rather large closet for an apartment (no complaint’s there whatsoever.) Only half the time the light turns on when I standing in the closet. Most of the time I have to wave my arms around for it to turn on, but there is enough light in my bedroom that I usually don’t care if it turns on or not during the day as I can still see and I’m only in my closet a few seconds to grab whatever outfit I need.

The issue is at night. All evening long I’ll still have my closet door open and be walking around and about my room, or in the bathroom turning lights on and off and the closet remains dark, as it should. When I go to sleep I close the doors. When I wake up in the middle of the night, for whatever reason, to go to the bathroom, to get a glass of water, whatever it may be, every time I walk back in my room I can see the light on in my closet as I can see the glow illuminating the whole door frame. Mind you, I haven’t turned on any lights in the apartment when I get up in the middle of the night. I’ve gone as far as to put a pillow down in front of the door to the walk in closet in case for whatever reason it could sense me walking from underneath the door (even though there’s no shadow or anything) and that didn’t work. The sensor was still activated some how and turned on the light.

I don’t understand why when I’m standing inside my closet, it only comes on half the time, but when I’m on the other side of my apartment at 3:00 A.M. with no lights on and the door completely shut, it activates. What poltergeist shit is this? I think I’m going to purchase electrical tape and try that method. If that doesn’t work I’ll need your voodoo doctor information.
I mean, would you rather I quit hiding in your closet or.....
Appreciate 3
Sara5791.00
Buug95917177.00
Dang3r12508.50
      03-05-2021, 12:12 PM   #52401
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
the sensor has a range of 10'-15', so anyone walking by or car passing by or bird flying will trigger the light off. you might be able to change the duration of light. I have one right over my double door garage, and it has a setting switch.
Even inside a closet with the door closed? I can't imagine something moving is triggering it.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 12:23 PM   #52402
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Two things are potentially causing this. First thing to look for, do you have a HVAC vent in your closet? Do you have anything remotely light that could be blown around in there in the event that you do have an HVAC vent in there? Back in the day, one of my at&t stores always had a problem with the alarm system going off after hours. Long story short, whenever the sales reps would blow up balloons for a sale, special or what have you, the HVAC would kick on at night and blow the balloons around causing the motion sensor to activate. Driving 2 hours in the middle of the night to downtown Nashville to deactivate a motion sensor got old fast. The second thing that can be causing this a faulty motion sensor on the light. This would explain it's sporadic operation. Your landlord should be able to replace either the motion sensor or the entire light itself to solve this issue. Have you reported the problem to them?

I'd still wear garlic around that thing though.

Last edited by King Rudi; 03-05-2021 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #52403
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Two things are potentially causing this. First thing to look for, do you have a HVAV vent in your closet? Do you have anything remotely light that could be blown around in there in the event that you do have an HVAC vent in there? Back in the day, one of my at&t stores always had a problem with the alarm system going off after hours. Long story short, whenever the sales reps would blow up balloons for a sale, special or what have you, the HVAC would kick on at night and blow the balloons around causing the motion sensor to activate. Driving 2 hours in the middle of the night to downtown Nashville to deactivate a motion sensor got old fast. The second thing that can be causing this a faulty motion sensor on the light. This would explain it's sporadic operation. Your landlord should be able to replace either the motion sensor or the entire light itself to solve this issue. Have you reported the problem to them?

I'd still wear garlic around that thing though.
It's just strange because it only happens when I wake up. Tuesday night, I woke up at 12:09 AM, got a drink of water, came back to my room and it was on. Wednesday night, woke up at 2:15 AM, used the restroom, came back to my room and it was on. Last night, woke up at 3:09 AM, remembered I left my phone in the living room, got up and walked down to the living room grabbed it and as soon as I walked in my bedroom I saw the light was on. It seems to be me activating it. BUT HOW??? Ugh. I had a decorative pillow propped up against the door last night so it couldn't "see" anything from under the door and my closet door was closed all flipping night long.

There's probably a camera in my apartment somewhere and someone's getting a great laugh out of freaking me out.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 12:48 PM   #52404
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It's just strange because it only happens when I wake up. Tuesday night, I woke up at 12:09 AM, got a drink of water, came back to my room and it was on. Wednesday night, woke up at 2:15 AM, used the restroom, came back to my room and it was on. Last night, woke up at 3:09 AM, remembered I left my phone in the living room, got up and walked down to the living room grabbed it and as soon as I walked in my bedroom I saw the light was on. It seems to be me activating it. BUT HOW??? Ugh. I had a decorative pillow propped up against the door last night so it couldn't "see" anything from under the door and my closet door was closed all flipping night long.

There's probably a camera in my apartment somewhere and someone's getting a great laugh out of freaking me out.
I'd use a non-decorative pillow and see if that helps. Also, are you 100% it only happens when you are awake? Also, how do you know?

There is also a potential of a surge in electricity once you turn a light on. Have you tried turning a light on while you're still asleep to see if it comes on then? Seriously though, I'm sure it's either a surge triggering or the sensor is going bad...or potentially it needs to have the sensitivity settings adjusted. Call the landlord, have him call Edgar and Allen Frog. (I realize this joke will fall on deaf eyes - it's the brothers from The Lost Boys.) Seriously, call your landlord. If they can't adjust the settings, have them remove the motion sensor and install a simple light.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread