BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-04-2021, 12:02 PM   #133
Grumpy311
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 328i

My local guy said it's not unusual that the ByO website lets you build things that are not available. I just wish BMW would honor what you order, and make it happen. The parts are available. Just scarce.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 01:50 PM   #134
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Man oh man! BMW needs to pull their head out of that dark hole where the sun don't shine! This crap is ridiculous.

I'm so glad I bought a 2020 model. Even then, their configurator was a mess but not nearly as screwed up as it is now.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 04:27 PM   #135
evodz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5, 45e

Just let us know if we get B&W on the 45e and 40i so I can re-do my order ��
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 04:33 PM   #136
puckybadger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X6 M60i LCI TBII/Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREKER View Post
Whats funny is my build now includes front and rear heated seats. I only ordered front seats.

So latest as of now.
1. HK gone
2. Air suspension gone
3. Rear heated seats added

What will tomorrow or even later today bring???
I do think the heated seats are only available as a front and rear seat combo for the $350. The $250 option is for the heated front seat armrests and heated steering wheel combo.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 05:01 PM   #137
TREKER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 X40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckybadger View Post
I do think the heated seats are only available as a front and rear seat combo for the $350. The $250 option is for the heated front seat armrests and heated steering wheel combo.
I only ordered the front seats and heated steering wheel. Now the front and rear heated seats are in my build. Was never there before.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 06:54 PM   #138
weingarm
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

I think what we're seeing here is BMWNA's website developers entering beta code and changing it on-the-fly as their superiors relay varied information on options/availability changes.

The only way to really know what you can and cannot order is to speak with your SA and see what they're allowed to order in the system.

Any orders placed prior to 3/1 should probably end up being built as they were expected. BMW is making changes to option availability for the forecast shortages that their tier-one suppliers have informed them about several weeks down the road.

Parts arrive exactly as vehicles are being built, they are not stored in the factory. This means BMW knows exactly what they'll need to build each car (and knows where it is in the pipeline) several weeks before each vehicle moves down the production line. This is why we are seeing this March 1st cutoff.
      03-04-2021, 07:10 PM   #139
Grumpy311
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weingarm View Post
I think what we're seeing here is BMWNA's website developers entering beta code and changing it on-the-fly as their superiors relay varied information on options/availability changes.

The only way to really know what you can and cannot order is to speak with your SA and see what they're allowed to order in the system.

Any orders placed prior to 3/1 should probably end up being built as they were expected. BMW is making changes to option availability for the forecast shortages that their tier-one suppliers have informed them about several weeks down the road.

Parts arrive exactly as vehicles are being built, they are not stored in the factory. This means BMW knows exactly what they'll need to build each car (and knows where it is in the pipeline) several weeks before each vehicle moves down the production line. This is why we are seeing this March 1st cutoff.
What is this March 1 cut off you're talking about? Two items have disappeared off my build, and I ordered 2/19. Are these items going to reappear at some point?
Appreciate 1
volodp196.50
      03-04-2021, 07:23 PM   #140
weingarm
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy311 View Post
Quote:

What is this March 1 cut off you're talking about? Two items have disappeared off my build, and I ordered 2/19. Are these items going to reappear at some point?
Was yours listed as "Scheduled for Production" prior to 3/1 with a confirmed build week sometime after that? Or did it not have a build week yet by that point?
      03-04-2021, 08:59 PM   #141
Grumpy311
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Was yours listed as "Scheduled for Production" prior to 3/1 with a confirmed build week sometime after that? Or did it not have a build week yet by that point?
I still haven't passed the "order received" stage.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 09:25 PM   #142
TREKER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 X40i M Sport

Quote:

I am just as confused as everyone else. I ordered mine on 2/11. I am still at "order placed" as well. I had the HK and air suspension as of yesterday. Now they are both gone and I have rear heated seats added as an option when I only had the front and steering wheel option. In addition, the configurator shows the HK as an option, but it you selected the premium or executive package, the HK system shows up as a selected $0 option.

Only my build, I went from premium package to premium package 2. What is that all about? lol

Also, glass controls have just popped up as an option. I would have even considered that if I had the choice early on. But I just want what I ordered now. So I really dont know what is going on until I speak with dealer tomorrow.

If the HK is part of the premium package, fine. If not, I want the B&W at no charge. people who placed orders should not have to settle for less after they were given what they are getting in writing.

I know things change and we have to go with the flow and accept things as well. But without anyone from BMW providing some info on what exactly is going on, seems unprofessional from a luxury vehicle corporation like this. They should put something out to the dealerships and stop this guessing game.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 09:45 PM   #143
weingarm
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I still haven't passed the "order received" stage.
Not being at "Scheduled for Production" and only as far as "Order received" means nothing is confirmed as far as options included. You'll have to speak to your dealer to be sure what you'll be getting.
      03-04-2021, 10:26 PM   #144
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

The US build config site has always been a bone of contention and we have historically seen an increase in noise, like we are now, correct or otherwise, at certain times of the year, like a little bit before they change pricing, add colors, etc. Couple that with possible impacts from covid and their configuration logic, which must be a real beast to maintain, and that might explain the sudden disappearance and reappearance of certain options like the HK sound system, Glass controls, etc.

I just checked a couple minutes ago and there are still some issues with what we are seeing with the HK sound system, it shows up as an individual option for $875...It is not listed in the package contents for either Premium or Executive yet if you select either of those two packages, the HK system is automatically included at no additional charge as can be seen by the checkmark the system puts on it.

Glass controls are now back as an individual option for $650 but you can also get them by buying the Executive package and they are listed in that package. So, you're going to have to give them some time to finish playing around with the configurator and in the meantime, for those who can't wait it out, just work with your SA and whatever you do, get it in writing!
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2021, 10:33 PM   #145
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Today, mine went from scheduled for production (for the past three weeks) through production line, through paint and back to assembly line, and it retained air suspension and HK.

My guess is that they managed inventory of options that have low availability pretty well, and are now updating options available now in real-time.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 01:44 AM   #146
shadab.ashraf56
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i

I have a build at status 112, dealership offered to knock off $750 from the price for Hk. I agreed to that half heartedly as i don't want to wait for 2022 build.
Now i am seeing that Air suspension is also removed from configurator for 40i is that another casualty of covid. Will check with dealer if it is then i am pulling plug on 2021 model have had enough.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 07:29 AM   #147
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadab.ashraf56 View Post
I have a build at status 112, dealership offered to knock off $750 from the price for Hk. I agreed to that half heartedly as i don't want to wait for 2022 build.
Now i am seeing that Air suspension is also removed from configurator for 40i is that another casualty of covid. Will check with dealer if it is then i am pulling plug on 2021 model have had enough.
Not sure I would worry about the air suspension, it was definitely there last night (Thursday) and I see its gone today. This is like the weather, if you don't like what you see, just wait a few hours, you'll get something different. I know this is quite a frustrating experience but it seems to fit BMW's history pattern with the online configuration. Their cars drive quite well but when it comes to just about any other aspect of their business....well, nuff said.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:08 AM   #148
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Most likely they're reserving 2VR 2-axle air suspension components to ensure current and future delivery of 45e orders. 45e suspensions require air suspension for the battery, where 40i / M50i it's optional. X7s also require air suspension.

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 09:28 AM   #149
shadab.ashraf56
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yeah no more air suspension for 40i dealer is now saying air suspension had too many problems and i am better without that, sounds contradicting statement to me. I mean i agree its a moving part and one more thing to break but they are providing that on 45e so how can it be so bad. Should i ditch air suspension is it not worth it i am already salty on HK so right now emotions running high and asked dealer to cancel order not sure if that is right choice though
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #150
evodz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5, 45e

Quote:
Yeah no more air suspension for 40i dealer is now saying air suspension had too many problems and i am better without that, sounds contradicting statement to me. I mean i agree its a moving part and one more thing to break but they are providing that on 45e so how can it be so bad. Should i ditch air suspension is it not worth it i am already salty on HK so right now emotions running high and asked dealer to cancel order not sure if that is right choice though
Not sure if you already tied up any money to it but I would just let it ride and think about it. You can cancel it even when the car is at the dealer already but then again not sure what kind if terms they got you with
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 09:39 AM   #151
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
The dealer is just making things up to keep your order. I would cancel the order and drop them from future consideration.
      03-05-2021, 09:51 AM   #152
Grumpy311
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'm in the same boat. But consider this, what is your reason for canceling now? I think you can always cancel later. You would be very disappointed if the HK reappears on your build in a couple of weeks and you cancelled. Cancel when you have a better option.Never make rash decisions when emotions are high
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 10:28 AM   #153
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e, Tesla Model 3

Honestly, things are so screwy with the 2021 MY, if you can, I'm inclined to just cancel and wait to see how MY22 looks. BMW is pulling major options that they've historically offered in the past on all their models. And BMW's base sound systems have never been very good. Some are downright awful and get embarrassed by base systems from mainstream manufacturers like Hyundai. HK really should be standard in a vehicle this expensive. And air suspension is fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 10:57 AM   #154
shadab.ashraf56
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm in the same boat. But consider this, what is your reason for canceling now? I think you can always cancel later. You would be very disappointed if the HK reappears on your build in a couple of weeks and you cancelled. Cancel when you have a better option.Never make rash decisions when emotions are high
Cancelled that order got refund my car would have got into production this week it was scheduled for last week of march . Dealership is positive that i will not get HK on this allocation. May be on another allocation later this year we might see HK or Air suspension or maybe not. I am done with this 2021 MY.
Appreciate 0