Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 YMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmel` View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmel` View Post
Did anyone find parameters to change B&W speakers lighting?
I think this is still a work in process. I've been told on here that it can be done and that the parameters are in the RAM ECU. However, it's not intuitive to me which module in that ECU needs to be edited.
Thanks.
I will try to check it in RAM.
Someone find the way for B&W color coding?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 05:25 AM   #156
Mr.Pringle
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 50d

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
Obviously it goes without saying, but proceed at your own risk. You take the responsibility when you choose to code your car.

That said, I have wanted to change the ambient lighting in my vehicle for a while but didn’t have the time until recently to dig. After spending some time in the code and looking at what the G20 guys have been able to do, I was able to decode the color scheme for the G05 and change the colors and combination of colors on my truck. This can be done with Bimmercode. Unfortunately, I haven’t figured out how to change the i-drive labels, so you would need to remember the combos.

Specifically, I wanted to get rid of the bronze colors because I hate them and turn that category red. I also wanted to create a ///M scheme with red/blue combo and the reverse blue/red. The color scheme unfortunately is different on the G05 versus other models, so it took some trial and error to make it work. Anyway, here is how you do it.

[SIZE="4"]1. How to change the stock colors of ambient lighting.[/SIZE]

— Start Bimmercode as usual and enter the BDC controller. This is a big module so it can take a little while to load.

— Next, enter Expert Mode at the bottom of the app. This will give you access to the needed areas of the module.

— You first will enter the 360A LicLciColorLibrary.

— Then click the LIC_LCI_COLOR_LIBRARY_DATA folder.

— Navigate to the GO5G06_Lichtpaket_code1 packet. Note, this should have a check next to it. Highlight it and click the custom values down bottom to enter into the bytes section that needs to be modified.

— The original RGB HEX code for our trucks are the same as all other vehicles. This is how the stock colors are listed.

White - 90, E0, 90
Bronze - D7, 6E, 14
Orange - 93, 1A, 01
Blue - 00, 20, FE
Green - 10, FE, 32
Lilac - 78, 3C, FE

Remember, I wanted to add red, so we need to know that RGB HEX code:

Red - FE, 00, 00

Since I wanted to change the bronze to red, I replaced the bronze values at bytes 33, 34, 35 then 38, 39, 40 and finally 43, 44, 45 to red. That means the D7 value is changed to FE, the 6E is changed to 00, and the 14 is changed to 00.

One trick that you need to know is that you click the value you want to change, then hit the backspace button on the ykeyboard down bottom then enter the new value. Basically what you did is change bronze to red. Obviously this practice can work with any color you want to replace as long as you know the new RGB HEX code.

— Once those values are changed, you are ready to move on to assigning colors to the menu.

[SIZE="4"]2. Changing what ambient light combo the idrive menu will activate.[/SIZE]

— Once the new colors are assigned, you find yourself back in the prior menu that is BDC Module -> Expert Coding. From here, enter the 360DLicLciColorProfiles file.

— Navigate to the LIC_LCI_COLOR_PROFILES_DATA folder.

—The file you will be editing is the G05G06_Lichtpaket_code1 which should already be selected. If not, select it and go to the bottom and click custom value.

This actually got a bit complicated for me because the G05/6 color assignments are different than the G20. After a lot of trial and error, here is what I found each assignment means...

00 - White
01 - Blue
02 - Bronze (now red for me)
03 - Orange
04 - Green
05 - Lilac

You can go through each byte and see the combos that the i-drive is displaying. Example... byte 0 is displaying Bronze on the bottom of the dash and byte 1 is displaying Bronze on the top of the dash. Since I already changed those colors to red in step 1, those now will show red ambient lighting.

— I wanted to create a custom ///M red/blue and blue/red so I chose to assign the bronze/white and green/white for these. If you choose to do that, then change byte 3 from 00 to 01 creating a blue over red look.

To create the red over blue look in the “Green/White” I-drive menu item, change byte 16 from 04 to 01 and byte 17 from 00 to 02.

— Now you are ready to code everything. Once you code it, all the changes will take. Bronze menu items will now all show red ambient lightning, bronze/white will show a blue over red, and green/white will display red over blue.

Results:

The work is very easy and will apply to any colors you want to assign. Again, work at your own risk.

EDIT: Updated HTML hex code for red to avoid a BMW glitch.

*Note... for anyone creating custom colors, you should not use any HTML hex code with the value FF. Substitute FE for the FF part of the HTML hex code and it will look exactly the same but won’t affect the overhead splash LEDs that shine on the shifter area.
Hey! Thanks a lot for the awesome post! However can you tell me what the byte values are? Is that the part of the dash which lights up for each colour?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 09:49 PM   #157
NitenD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 FY15

Colour Code options

Hi there

First of all, this is fantastic and thanks so much for doing this. Cant believe its all there but locked out for us to be creative with our colours.lol

I got a few questions if possible.
1) I was able to do everything your post said. I also was able to change the Bronze to Cyan (which would of course not have the red there anymore as i changed the values as per your post). How do i create Cyan for primary and then Purple option as well?
2) How do i create a Orange and Purple combo as well?

I dont really use the White or i dont use the BMW Orange or Bronze so those are the colours i would like to replace i guess (if that is how this all works).

Im using the ODBLink+ and this has worked great in there. I saw on the thread about colours and HEX codes but im not comfortable to use a laptop and coding. Unless you say of course that the above cant be done and i need to use the Link cable way.

Thanking you geniuses in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 12:44 PM   #158
kezzuki
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: G05 2021 X5

Anyone has any updates on increasing the brightness of the indirect-lighting stripes?
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 01:35 PM   #159
TXDroneRacer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp, 21 X5 M50i

Garage List
Has anybody been successful at changing the color lighting up the Bowers speakers?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 06:29 PM   #160
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDroneRacer View Post
Has anybody been successful at changing the color lighting up the Bowers speakers?
good question
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 09:43 AM   #161
punknart
Rep
Drives: X5

Ok guys, I followed the instructions and the new red color worked and the mix between red/blue too but something happened to the doors ambient lighting. When I choose a anycolor with white, the left doors light white and the right in the color I choose (bronze, green, blue, etc).
Also when I finished coding, a notification appeared saying Side/daytime lights failure.

I worried and click restore from a backup. I checked and the values were restored but the problem of the doors persists.
I also turned the car off and turned it on again and the notification failure dissapeared but again, the doors still are in different colors.

What should I do? The only different thing I noticed in the app is that I have and extra setting called GO5G06_Lichtpaket_code2. I didnt do anything to this one when coding but after the restore I checked both GO5G06_Lichtpaket_code1 and GO5G06_Lichtpaket_code2 and have the same values.

Please help. First time doing this and something was messed up.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 03:45 AM   #162
NitenD
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by punknart View Post
Ok guys, I followed the instructions and the new red color worked and the mix between red/blue too but something happened to the doors ambient lighting. When I choose a anycolor with white, the left doors light white and the right in the color I choose (bronze, green, blue, etc).
Also when I finished coding, a notification appeared saying Side/daytime lights failure.

I worried and click restore from a backup. I checked and the values were restored but the problem of the doors persists.
I also turned the car off and turned it on again and the notification failure dissapeared but again, the doors still are in different colors.

What should I do? The only different thing I noticed in the app is that I have and extra setting called GO5G06_Lichtpaket_code2. I didnt do anything to this one when coding but after the restore I checked both GO5G06_Lichtpaket_code1 and GO5G06_Lichtpaket_code2 and have the same values.

Please help. First time doing this and something was messed up.
This happend to me as well.
I just did the steps again as per the original thread and it all ended up working again.

Always work and change what the thread has asked. Don't select anything other then what the steps have said. Lighpcket code and all.
You select anything else, and it usually stuffs up!

What I found when coding is that you have to change all your colours and everything you need in each part. For example, you can't just go in and change bronze to red. You need to change all the values you need in both 360A and 360D and not skip any steps.

I had the same failures and issues you had and then kinda wrote everything I wanted to do and then coded. Now it always works.
Even when I get that failure come up, I just recode and it works
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 10:12 AM   #163
punknart
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitenD View Post
I just did the steps again as per the original thread and it all ended up working again.

Always work and change what the thread has asked. Don't select anything other then what the steps have said. Lighpcket code and all.

What I found when coding is that you have to change all your colours and everything you need in each part. For example, you can't just go in and change bronze to red. You need to change all the values you need in both 360A and 360D and not skip any steps.

I had the same failures and issues you had and then kinda wrote everything I wanted to do and then coded. Now it always works.

Thanks for your tips! I really appreciate it

Ive got some questions:

1. Did you code the GO5G06_Lichtpaket_code2 as well?
2. When you said that you tried again, did you restore and gave it a second try?
3. If you restore, did the lights went back to default? As I said before, I restored from a backup but the doors problem still was there so what if I want to fix it?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 01:25 PM   #164
NitenD
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitenD View Post

Thanks for your tips! I really appreciate it

Ive got some questions:

1. Did you code the GO5G06_Lichtpaket_code2 as well?
2. When you said that you tried again, did you restore and gave it a second try?
3. If you restore, did the lights went back to default? As I said before, I restored from a backup but the doors problem still was there so what if I want to fix it?

Thank you!
Hi
1. Only changed light packet1 as per the instructions on the thread. Did not change anything else
2. I did do a restore backup from a very old one (not from that day) and then tried again.
However I have now not bothered to do that and would just try it again if it doesn't work or if I get the side light failure notification. Once you code again, it usually overwrites the last code.

The way I see it, it's just the lights of the car and not the end of the world. If I stuff it up, I can make some excuse with BMW and get the car reset with a software update from them which would restore everything back to normal.

Just remember that when you do go for a service next, all this will be gone so it's ideal to create an excel and put all the steps you are going to code so you don't forget it. After I did this, now it just takes me about 3mins to change all the values I want and then then 3 mins to code and update ECU.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 02:08 AM   #165
vet23
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G30 530D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDroneRacer View Post
+
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 05:56 AM   #166
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Dont worry this is common and expected. After your done coding start the car and the error messages should go away. You may have to start a couple of times or go for a short drive. Eventually the error messages should go away.

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 07:24 AM   #167
hdahman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5MC

some code using laptop, will it be safer with laptop method?
does anyone have the links on amazon for the HW needed for both bimmercode and laptop methods? thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 05:50 AM   #168
NitenD
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdahman View Post
does anyone have the links on amazon for the HW needed for both bimmercode and laptop methods? thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdahman View Post
I am currently using the BimmerCode app and this odb link for my car. Works fantastic and have never had a coding issue to date

OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07JFRF...A005594M5971ZZ
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 03:16 AM   #169
ForsakenJedi71
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Easy Color Options?

Does anyone know if BimmerCode will come out with the easy color selections for the x5 like they offer in the X3 as seen below? I was able to easily change the ambient colors on my x3 and since my wife will be getting the x5 this week, I wanted to know if this will be an option soon? I coded the pink in the x3 as a trial color for her x5 to see if she'll like it.
Attached Images

04-15-2021, 11:32 AM   #170
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
FYI: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=27476134
      04-15-2021, 11:44 AM   #171
Pumxee
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Finally!

Please share your thoughts and screenshots (if allowed)!

BMW Parts and Accessories

https://pumperformance.com
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 09:38 PM   #172
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
I checked today but Bronze is the only color you can play with or I'm missing something here, the user interface for sure is way much intuitive
      05-18-2021, 02:27 AM   #173
Kas63
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50d

See my "testing" and initial observations here - - - > https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=27589409.
      08-16-2021, 06:33 AM   #174
Gillietalls
Rep
Drives: Cadillac XTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJedi View Post
Just tried my hands on few more colors.

Thanks to this post https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26169693 for sharing color codes
Wowzers! Your stuff looks great! Your colors look so much more brighter than my stock. Is there a code to make the colors brighter? I just picked up my '22 X6 and want to start coding for different colors and combinations this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 07:02 AM   #175
Frenetic
PANIC!
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Did bimmercode ever implement the easy mode light changes for our model instead of having to go to expert mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenJedi71 View Post
Does anyone know if BimmerCode will come out with the easy color selections for the x5 like they offer in the X3 as seen below? I was able to easily change the ambient colors on my x3 and since my wife will be getting the x5 this week, I wanted to know if this will be an option soon? I coded the pink in the x3 as a trial color for her x5 to see if she'll like it.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 07:21 AM   #176
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
Did bimmercode ever implement the easy mode light changes for our model instead of having to go to expert mode?
Yes, but there is a limited color palette as well as only being able to change the Bronze color slot.
Attached Images

Frenetic482.00