BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-30-2020, 03:07 PM   #1
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Delivery? Anyone in Canada or US taking delivery?

Just got a message from the dealer that our car came in and is ready to be picked up. Has anyone taken delivery in the last week?
I'd rather delay than take it now, collecting it won't be nearly as fun given the current state of affairs and like most we're limiting going out to what's absolutely necessary.
Can't exactly drive it anyhow, it'll just be parked with everything shut down. We're not under a full lockdown but might as well be.

I'm assuming some better rates may come next month too?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 03:26 PM   #2
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Why can't you drive it? Isn't a car a rather phenomenal way to isolate? But if your MO is that you must have a purpose to drive it or it isn't driven, well then yeah, can't help you.
      03-30-2020, 03:46 PM   #3
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Why can't you drive it? Isn't a car a rather phenomenal way to isolate? But if your MO is that you must have a purpose to drive it or it isn't driven, well then yeah, can't help you.
Lol yes, been out for a couple of drives but have limited it to sunny days to keep the car clean.

If they'll honor the trade offer they gave me back in January I may take it sooner, I can't sell ours privately now with restrictions on social distancing (or it would be a pain to do) and don't want to be sitting on an extra payment/insured car that isn't really necessary. IMO it's a waste of about $2k extra a month and who knows how long this will go on for. Plus there's no room in the garage for an extra car. (First world problems I know)
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 05:25 PM   #4
AB17
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i,2016 Mini Cooper S

Some dealers in US are offering virtual shopping and no contact delivery. My vehicle has reached the dealership last Monday but my SA says Sales are closed while the website says they can delivery to home. Super confusing but I am thinking if this is the right time to make a big purchase given how the situation is changing everyday.

Has anyone tried no contact delivery in US after the lockdown or safer-at-home orders?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #5
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB17 View Post
Some dealers in US are offering virtual shopping and no contact delivery. My vehicle has reached the dealership last Monday but my SA says Sales are closed while the website says they can delivery to home. Super confusing but I am thinking if this is the right time to make a big purchase given how the situation is changing everyday.

Has anyone tried no contact delivery in US after the lockdown or safer-at-home orders?
Yes my dealership hasn't announced it (website is offering home deliveries etc too) but apparently is laying off most staff next week. My SA said he's been off for a few weeks and no one has been buying cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 06:54 PM   #6
AB17
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
Yes my dealership hasn't announced it (website is offering home deliveries etc too) but apparently is laying off most staff next week. My SA said he's been off for a few weeks and no one has been buying cars.
The situation is really bad. I think my SA is effected too.

I hope we go back to normalcy sooner.
Appreciate 1
scotchy210.00
      03-30-2020, 09:17 PM   #7
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

I took delivery of my X6, M50i this past Saturday. Needless to say, I think I was the only one taking delivery last Saturday. (I need to update my thread over in the other Forum with my details and pictures...just haven't gotten to it yet!)

I believe my dealer is doing contactless deliveries, but I went in and took delivery just like any other time...minus the handshakes and with a bit of additional distance, although we certainly broke the 6' rule numerous times...

I'm also not in a total lockdown state...
Appreciate 1
AB1713.50
      03-30-2020, 09:21 PM   #8
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkratochvil View Post
I took delivery of my X6, M50i this past Saturday. Needless to say, I think I was the only one taking delivery last Saturday. (I need to update my thread over in the other Forum with my details and pictures...just haven't gotten to it yet!)

I believe my dealer is doing contactless deliveries, but I went in and took delivery just like any other time...minus the handshakes and with a bit of additional distance, although we certainly broke the 6' rule numerous times...

I'm also not in a total lockdown state...
Yeah I think I will too but will wait till April 2nd to see if the lease improves.
Lots of time on my hands to play with/learn how the new car works.

How are you liking it? Mines an X5 M50i.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 09:39 PM   #9
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

Quote:
Yeah I think I will too but will wait till April 2nd to see if the lease improves.
Lots of time on my hands to play with/learn how the new car works.

How are you liking it? Mines an X5 M50i.
Loving it!!! Congrats on your X5 M50i!! (I took it back in this morning to get the front 1/3 covered in Xpel film and the interior/exterior "diamond guarded" (I can't honestly remember what they actually called it...something like that where they warranty the interior for 7-years...) and am having minor withdrawals ...should get it back tomorrow!)

I was financing a portion and paying cash for the rest, so the only thing that made me want to wait for the April incentives was any loyalty or other discounts BMW does. In the end, the Sales Manager agreed that if there are better incentives in April than March, he'll write me a check back for the difference! Needless to say, he wanted the sale in March and was willing to give me money later to get it closed out in March. I think dealers feel like they can make March tolerable if they can get a few more cars sold and they expect April is going to be horrendous for sales...just a guess/opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 10:29 PM   #10
mavjay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5

I got mine on the 20th. Just in time to get PPF done before things shut down.
Appreciate 1
scotchy210.00
      03-30-2020, 11:27 PM   #11
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

my wifes X5 got to the dealer last Thursday.. I'm waiting to see what April's incentives look like (I hope there are some) or I may hold off on getting the car--not sure if its a smart buy at this time given the uncertainty
Appreciate 1
scotchy210.00
      03-31-2020, 12:27 AM   #12
desirusso
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 SG

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
The situation is really bad. I think my SA is effected too.

I hope we go back to normalcy sooner.

I'm in LA too, I'm currently awaiting my delivery.... it's in transit to the 2nd port I've been told. I'm buying my car from Encinitas BMW. They gave me an X7 loaner while I wait for my car... I've had it a few weeks now. But I'd like to have my car at some point.
AB1713.50
      03-31-2020, 09:59 AM   #13
AB17
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirusso View Post
I'm in LA too, I'm currently awaiting my delivery.... it's in transit to the 2nd port I've been told. I'm buying my car from Encinitas BMW. They gave me an X7 loaner while I wait for my car... I've had it a few weeks now. But I'd like to have my car at some point.
You are working with a great dealer. My vehicle has reached the dealership as of last Monday but there is no word from Sales team. I they are adversely effected by the slowdown.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 11:36 AM   #14
AB17
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Also, could you please share your build details and deal you got from the dealer? Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 11:51 PM   #15
desirusso
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Also, could you please share your build details and deal you got from the dealer? Thank you!
Who are you getting your car from?
I ordered a M50.... price was 103,895.... they are giving me a great deal Because my 50i was lemoned after having it a year.... we spoke to them tonight and my car will be at the dealer next Friday. We are actually waiting to see April incentives to see if we can save a little extra based off of current market conditions. We don't have a deal in writing, just communication since our last car was bought through them.
      04-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #16
AB17
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I ordered a M50.... price was 103,895.... they are giving me a great deal Because my 50i was lemoned after having it a year.... we spoke to them tonight and my car will be at the dealer next Friday. We are actually waiting to see April incentives to see if we can save a little extra based off of current market conditions. We don't have a deal in writing, just communication since our last car was bought through them.
I am getting it from Rusnak BMW.

If you could PM me your SA contact details and possibly introduce me, it will be great help. I want to talk to the person to know more about 45e as BMW is advertising it on their website.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 11:53 PM   #17
desirusso
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I am getting it from Rusnak BMW.

If you could PM me your SA contact details and possibly introduce me, it will be great help. I want to talk to the person to know more about 45e as BMW is advertising it on their website.
PM'd you
AB1713.50