BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-21-2020, 07:28 PM   #1
Agent007
Private
Rep
Drives: xdrive40i X5

LIGHTLY USED 2020 Pricing

Hi all,

Been a long time since I’ve been on here - since my 2007 e92 335 coupe.

I’m interested in buying a lightly used 2020 x5 x40i - premium package, parking assist and a few other goodies - MSRPs of roughly 66k. Dealers seem to be listing around 59k today.

Curious what magnitude of incremental dealer discount I should be able to get off MSRP before BMWNA incentives for vehicles with around 5-7k miles.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 07:29 PM   #2
Agent007
Private
Rep

Talking

Turns out my signature is still the ‘07!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 10:19 AM   #3
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
Hi all,

Been a long time since I've been on here - since my 2007 e92 335 coupe.

I'm interested in buying a lightly used 2020 x5 x40i - premium package, parking assist and a few other goodies - MSRPs of roughly 66k. Dealers seem to be listing around 59k today.

Curious what magnitude of incremental dealer discount I should be able to get off MSRP before BMWNA incentives for vehicles with around 5-7k miles.
Probably a loaner car I would imagine. I would find out if that was the case.

When I was doing research before buying a realistic target was 10% off before incentives for a new car. So with that in mind I don't think an unreasonable expectation for this car would be in the 54k range before any manufacturer incentives. However these cars take a huge depreciation hit once they roll off the lot so maybe you can even get a higher discount knowing that.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 04:08 PM   #4
Agent007
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post

When I was doing research before buying a realistic target was 10% off before incentives for a new car. So with that in mind I don't think an unreasonable expectation for this car would be in the 54k range before any manufacturer incentives. However these cars take a huge depreciation hit once they roll off the lot so maybe you can even get a higher discount knowing that.
Thank you. It is a loaner car. Never been titled.

I was assuming some thing similar a i.e, 10% more off before BMWNA incentives - if I wanted to pay 59, I could get brand new.

Any reason to be wary of loaners?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #5
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post

Thank you. It is a loaner car. Never been titled.

I was assuming some thing similar a i.e, 10% more off before BMWNA incentives - if I wanted to pay 59, I could get brand new.

Any reason to be wary of loaners?
Just a little bit of risk because I doubt the ppl who have driven the loaners really care about the care. Similar principle as buying a rental. This only really matters if you plan on keeping the car for awhile.
Appreciate 0