BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-30-2020, 05:05 PM   #1
TxPres8th
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Approach with Dealerships

What is your approach when trying to get a good selling price from dealerships? I've sent emails with my build asking for what their best pricing is - discounts without haggling have been at best about 6% before incentives. But I'm surprised how many sales reps I make contact with and then they don't answer my questions or respond to my quote request.

Once you have a quote, do you tell other dealerships what it is for them to try to beat it?

I've noticed on the quotes - only one dealership has put the incentives before the final sales price (Texas). The others (same state) have shown them as rebates after taxes are calculated.

Starting this process and leaning towards a 2021 order for my X5 build.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 07:02 PM   #2
wheine4147
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxPres8th View Post
What is your approach when trying to get a good selling price from dealerships? I've sent emails with my build asking for what their best pricing is - discounts without haggling have been at best about 6% before incentives. But I'm surprised how many sales reps I make contact with and then they don't answer my questions or respond to my quote request.

Once you have a quote, do you tell other dealerships what it is for them to try to beat it?

I've noticed on the quotes - only one dealership has put the incentives before the final sales price (Texas). The others (same state) have shown them as rebates after taxes are calculated.

Same thing here in Florida. Getting about 6% off. Seems that inventory is tight and dealers not knowing what is coming in. After a month of searching I decided to go for a 2021 build when they come available.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 09:51 PM   #3
SimonTX
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxPres8th View Post

Dealers are wanting to sell 2020 models to get a sale NOW and are offering competitive pricing. I'm also in TX and hearing from dealers that the competitive pricing won't apply to 2021 models that will be available in the next couple of months. So frustrating!!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 11:38 AM   #4
happydanny3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

I want to recommend my client advisor if you guys have a hard time finding an easy to work with sales person. Dealership is in GA.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 12:41 PM   #5
wheine4147
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydanny3 View Post
I want to recommend my client advisor if you guys have a hard time finding an easy to work with sales person. Dealership is in GA.
I tried the Ga dealership that has been recommended on this site. They were at 6% off list and I couldn't get a 7500 mi lease that I can get in Fl.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 11:03 PM   #6
happydanny3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheine4147 View Post
Quote:
I tried the Ga dealership that has been recommended on this site. They were at 6% off list and I couldn't get a 7500 mi lease that I can get in Fl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheine4147 View Post
Quote:
I think he can do better than what you got offered.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 06:44 PM   #7
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Dude you spam almost every thread with the same post. We know you work for the dealership. Just post the discount and save us the trouble.
      06-06-2020, 01:49 PM   #8
happydanny3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Dude you spam almost every thread with the same post. We know you work for the dealership. Just post the discount and save us the trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Lol I don't work for the dealership. The client advisor I'm recommending is someone I went to school with. I've worked with many times with and referred family and friends to. Every transaction I did through him was easy.
Appreciate 0