09-05-2018, 01:58 PM   #67
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
Um, we established that... you are. To the extent that you've tossed the "snowflake" grenade twice on this page of this thread. Is that the only thing you've got to bring to the table from an intellectual standpoint? Name calling? Why should you give a damn what other people do with their free time on Sundays or their name-brand athletic gear? Does it somehow impact your life? Obviously it must in some way, or you wouldn't be here labeling people you don't even know.

For the record, I've done neither of the things you mentioned above.
Sorry man. Ill try to step up on your pedestal of intellectual convesation and call people triggered with crying emoticons.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 02:37 PM   #68
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep
Drives: 18 Camaro SS 08 CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinengineer View Post
I read "instant replay"; Jerry Kramer written by Dick Schapp way back when I was a "youth". THIS is the way football was meant to be played
Some things transcend time. Vince Lombardi and his Green Bay Packers are one of them.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 02:39 PM   #69
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Sorry man. Ill try to step up on your pedestal of intellectual convesation and call people triggered with crying emoticons.
It must've hit too close to home, because here you are, still crying about it.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 10:48 PM   #70
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
What a snowflake.
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 05:58 AM   #71
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Neither the NFL (nor Nike) will miss you. They may have a bit of a ratings dip, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t still easily the most popular sport in the US. They still print money even with mismanagement from the top and all the controversies. I’m willing to bet a number of people here saying they are done with the NFL will still tune in from time to time.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2018, 10:33 PM   #72
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Neither the NFL (nor Nike) will miss you. They may have a bit of a ratings dip, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t still easily the most popular sport in the US. They still print money even with mismanagement from the top and all the controversies. I’m willing to bet a number of people here saying they are done with the NFL will still tune in from time to time.
I totally understand your point. My comment wasn't about me showing them or anybody. It was simply a personal comment about how I feel. My comment wasn't political, even though someone thought I was a snowflake (whatever that is, I'm still not sure). My comment wasn't to suggest NFL will fail because of me. That would be a bit arrogant, wouldn't it? I was simply sharing my point of view.

I reread my original post and I still feel the same way months later. Simply my choice. No big deal to anybody else I'm sure. I'm not trying to take down the NFL (or Nike). As you said, they thrive even under mismagement.

My point of view is specifically about a player wearing a uniform using that uniform and entity to protest or promote a cause, regardless how relevant, without the complete support of the ownership of that entity.

There is no reason Nike shouldn't support this guy. They are not in uniform and part of a team. They are a corporation whose job it is to maximize shareholder value. If they think endorsing this guy will make them more money, they should "Just do it".

Now, the fun will come when a Nike manager or executive is speaking at an important conference on behalf of Nike and while at the podium, this Nike person decides to promote a personal cause that hurts the Nike brand. Will Nike say, its okay, you are believing in something. Or will they say, you're fired a$$hole, how dare you use our podium to hurt our brand.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 08:09 PM   #73
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
I love the Kaep/Nike commercial...well done

Following your beliefs
Appreciate 0