Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
No, never ever heard of it. But then again I don't do that for a living
The group you're playing devil's advocate for certainly isnt here on this forum....apparently....
Touche: The page for 'Devil's advocate' on Wikipedia

alex2364 , usshelena725 , Grumpy Old Man : The fact that no one has 'agreed' here is fine with me because the membership on this forum doesn't even come close to representing the majority of car buyers -- the 'devil' I'm advocating for here -- who, as a group, now define a sports car differently than you, I, or any other enthusiast.

Porsche understands this -- it always has, actually -- and has run with it. If you don't believe me, pick up one of a number of current Porsche publications in which it talks about its past and current brand positioning -- including a recent issue of Christophorus that explored it in depth as it relates to Mission E -- and get back to us.

As for those who don't believe an SUV can be a sports car: Remember what the 'S' in "SUV' stands for, and try to understand how the nonenthusiast buying public can redefine, over time, what something is. That is happening right now: 'traditional' sports cars, small sports economy cars, and two-door cars in general are flat-out disappearing from the marketplace, even in places where they've been well established such as Europe and Asia.

Tastes and needs change; when that happens, definitions change. Half the 'coupes' on the market today don't fit the 'traditional' definition of 'coupe'. Why? The market and the buying populace is redefining the word. The same thing is happening with 'sports car'.

Disagree with it all you want. I don't like it, either. But I see the reality. I'm sorry that you can't. And I really don't care if you 'agree' with me or not because I have multiple histories to back me up.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #68
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Touche: The page for 'Devil's advocate' on Wikipedia

alex2364 , usshelena725 , Grumpy Old Man : The fact that no one has 'agreed' here is fine with me because the membership on this forum doesn't even come close to representing ...... Useless banter.......Disagree with it all you want. I don't like it, either. But I see the reality. I'm sorry that you can't. And I really don't care if you 'agree' with me or not because I have multiple histories to back me up.

Lol. Sure thing, bro.

12-03-2018, 03:25 PM   #69
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Lol. Sure thing, bro.

Great. Let me know when you've read that article. Bro.

#BlindersAreAHandicap
#AllOfMyRepPointsAreFromThePoliticsSubforum
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 04:59 PM   #70
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I’ll be the first to admit I’ll buy one just for its looks. Nothing else.
Can’t say I disagree. I still think they are probably the best looking yet aggressive cars on the road. I’d include Aston’s of old and Lamborghini S well.
Appreciate 1
P111567.50