BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-21-2022, 12:01 PM   #1
Buckeye980
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 M50.i

Glassparency windshield coating

Was researching graphene coatings for the wifes car when it comes in as they say its the best for water spotting.

but came across the glassparency website and they had a coating for the windshield. couldnt buy it, and had to get it done by someone certified.

https://glassparency.com/pages/glass-treatment

Guy is coming out today to do it on my x5 and fathers S class. $175 each.

anyone have any luck with their graphene paint coating?

https://glassparency.com/collections...e-coating-50ml
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 01:39 PM   #2
1Mors
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xdrive40i msport

Garage List
I only used the Glassparency whole car glass coating.. it's absolutely number one IMO. I have had it on the car for 5 months still just as hydrophobic as day one still and cleans anything super easy.

Glassparency is very good.

I had it applied the same time I did the whole car with Gyeon Flash professional coating so the certified pro was already there. Was a very good experience.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 03:57 PM   #3
Buckeye980
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mors View Post
I only used the Glassparency whole car glass coating.. it's absolutely number one IMO. I have had it on the car for 5 months still just as hydrophobic as day one still and cleans anything super easy.

Glassparency is very good.

I had it applied the same time I did the whole car with Gyeon Flash professional coating so the certified pro was already there. Was a very good experience.
Good to hear. I have done quite a few different brands. X5 i did 3 layer Kamakazi coating which i feel is the best so far. Gtechniq, modesta, carpro quartz sic. I recently tried out the Adams graphene advanced on my father in laws car. 3yr old infniti sedan that never got washed. was a bitch to clean and detail. but not sure i noticed any benefits on the waterspotting vs other coatings. but his is constantly outside and in the florida elements.

how do you feel the glassperancy does with water spots?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 05:02 PM   #4
1Mors
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I don't think I have seen water spots yet.. everything just blows off the windshield when I am driving. When I wash the car it is very easy to get the bugs and grime off the windshield. No scrubbing at all it has been a once over.

I get free maintenance of the coating every 4 months but honestly it didn't need it yet. Very hydrophobic still as in when we first did it.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 05:11 PM   #5
chefwong
Major
Rep
Drives: X5

Coatings are just meant to make the glass hydrophobic....never considered them as something for waterspotting.

Something like CarPro spotless to *spot treat* the waterspots is the way to go.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 05:22 PM   #6
e61it
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 545it

After a bit of time do you notice the coating on the windshield causes the windshield wipers to drag or make noise when wiping?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 05:34 PM   #7
chefwong
Major
Rep
Drives: X5

The more you use the wipers , the faster the coating degrades...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2022, 11:53 AM   #8
Buckeye980
Enlisted Member
Rep

so far so good with the windshield coating.... until friday where i got hit by rock or something and put a good crack in the middle of the windshield from rear view mirror to half way down the glass.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 04:04 PM   #9
1Mors
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
6 Months here about to go for free maintenance check with Glassparency installer. still as effective as day 1. Also I went on a fishing trip recently and had bugs all over the windshield. I sprayed the windshield with Gyeon bug n grime remover then with that on the windshield did an initial Gyeon snow foam. when I wished off the snow foam without any scrubbing bugs and bug streaks were gone.

Glassparency really repels dirt and water as advertised.
Appreciate 1