BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-11-2019, 02:50 PM   #1
rdrcontact
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, G05

Incoming

Hi all,

Impatiently waiting to receive delivery of my X5, G05. Pics from the configurator are attached.

I ordered it with 30d diesel engine (I am in Europe so for me it is a sensible option), M sport package, Innovation package, etc.

Did a test drive on the 40i, which is brilliant but I really live the high torque that the diesel deliver on low revs and the relaxed engine work at high speeds (my current car is Volvo XC60 diesel, and I am not going back to petrol soon).

The colour that I've chosen is Sunstone metallic, I think it suits the car, the only regret that I have so far is that I didn't order the black front grille and the mechanic sun shades on the back seats.

Now the wait... the scheduled delivery is in mid-August. Will be devouring the forum content until then!

All the best!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-11-2019, 11:02 PM   #2
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Congrats and try hard not to let the wait drive you nuts.

I got my first bmw in June about a month after I ordered (in US) and spent many many hours on the forum. Being a bmw and luxury car newbie I had a lot to learn. The wait almost drive me nuts.

Folks here are great. You will enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #3
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Love the color - very similar to my previous X5d in Mineral Silver. Only problem in the US is that color deletes the DAP Package; not sure in the EU, but I passed because of that.
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2019, 01:04 PM   #4
rdrcontact
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Love the color - very similar to my previous X5d in Mineral Silver. Only problem in the US is that color deletes the DAP Package; not sure in the EU, but I passed because of that.
I ordered it with the 'DAP professional' without any issues. I was aware of that problem because of this forum and I asked several dealers for additional info. All of them were not even aware of it. One of them said that he contacted BMW in their Munich central office and received information back from them that this problem is now solved in the current builds.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 07:21 PM   #5
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrcontact View Post
I ordered it with the 'DAP professional' without any issues. I was aware of that problem because of this forum and I asked several dealers for additional info. All of them were not even aware of it. One of them said that he contacted BMW in their Munich central office and received information back from them that this problem is now solved in the current builds.
I think you've always been able to do that in the EU, but the 2019 US online configurator still removes that color if you select DAP. Perhaps the dealer could order, but in any case it appears to be a discontinued color for 2020 in the US....
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2019, 07:30 PM   #6
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

I saw that exact color combo at my dealer yesterday and it looked great! I was surprised since I usually don’t like yellowish tones on the exterior or brown interiors but it really looks very nice on the X5. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 07:39 PM   #7
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
I think the Munich central office might be a bit out of touch. Here is a build I just tried making with the Sunstone and as soon as I selected DAP, it wants to zap Sunstone :-(
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 05:14 AM   #8
rdrcontact
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Quote:
I think the Munich central office might be a bit out of touch. Here is a build I just tried making with the Sunstone and as soon as I selected DAP, it wants to zap Sunstone :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Quote:
Interesting. I can add DAP and the Sunstone metallic without any issues at my location, in fact that's how I ordered the car. I will play with the configurator later and will add a screenshot.

It is either not updated for US customers or due to more strict (?) requirements this option is not available - for example the cameras could not be working properly under some specific lighting conditions due to interference of the colour. Moreover, the X3, X5, X7 is being produced at a single location which is the Spartanburg BMW plant. There is no problem using the Sunstone colour in conjunction with DAP for certain markets while in US is not an option - I find that a bit strange.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 05:23 AM   #9
rdrcontact
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I saw that exact color combo at my dealer yesterday and it looked great! I was surprised since I usually don't like yellowish tones on the exterior or brown interiors but it really looks very nice on the X5. Congrats!
Thanks! I also dislike the yellowish tones but somehow this colour works on the X5. I find it quite elegant and I think it underlines the car details.

Unfortunately haven't seen in person on the X5 G05 but I did see it on X7 and X3. Pic attached: the X7 is pending a delivery to a customer and it was at the dealers garage/ artificial lighting.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 07:17 AM   #10
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Interesting. I can add DAP and the Sunstone metallic without any issues at my location, in fact that's how I ordered the car. I will play with the configurator later and will add a screenshot.

It is either not updated for US customers or due to more strict (?) requirements this option is not available - for example the cameras could not be working properly under some specific lighting conditions due to interference of the colour. Moreover, the X3, X5, X7 is being produced at a single location which is the Spartanburg BMW plant. There is no problem using the Sunstone colour in conjunction with DAP for certain markets while in US is not an option - I find that a bit strange.
So have others....
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2019, 12:38 AM   #11
rdrcontact
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Quote:

So have others....
Finally its here!
Apologies for the bad quality photos, I took them in a hurry in the day that the car arrived at the dealership. The car was in the process of being prepped. I am collecting it from the dealer the upcoming Monday! Can't wait!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0