BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #1
hk5er
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: I20 iX xDrive40i

Arctic Grey xLine Mods

Finally completed all the mods except the X5 trunk emblem badge.

This is my ride
  • IND Painted Front Grille
  • IND Painted Front Strip
  • IND Painted Rear Reflector Set
  • OEM Side Panel Trim
  • OEM M Sports Accelerator Pedal + Brake Pad
  • Matt chrome covers
Attached Images

LexxM31698.50
MystroX56286.50
TurtleBoy13214.00
jphcbpa313.00
cjack29.50
SJW55.00
      06-09-2019, 11:27 AM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Absolutely stunning, I really like the arctic gray. Can you post the link to the kidney grill, I couldn't seem to find one where the perimeter was silver and the fins were black...I like it, especially against the arctic gray.
Also, the HK skyline made a picture perfect backdrop. I think I have been on that road before as I made my way from Kowloon to Aberdeen and Stanley ...no? Its been a while, can't remember for sure. The back side of HK is beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
hk5er
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Absolutely stunning, I really like the arctic gray. Can you post the link to the kidney grill, I couldn't seem to find one where the perimeter was silver and the fins were black...I like it, especially against the arctic gray.
Also, the HK skyline made a picture perfect backdrop. I think I have been on that road before as I made my way from Kowloon to Aberdeen and Stanley ...no? Its been a while, can't remember for sure. The back side of HK is beautiful.
Hi Marty! You can order the kidney grille from IND. My order is listed as "Matte Chrome Surrounds with Gloss Black Slats and Arctic Grey Center Trim" on this link : https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24276290

There are more samples listed on that page too. Contact Ryan Overby @ 866.963.4520 (info@ind-distribution.com) for more information.

Thanks for the kind message. The two pictures with Victoria Harbour backdrop were taken at the Peak. We should hook up the next time you are in Hong Kong
      07-13-2019, 11:26 AM   #4
robby818
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk5er View Post
Finally completed all the mods except the X5 trunk emblem badge.

This is my ride
  • IND Painted Front Grille
  • IND Painted Front Strip
  • IND Painted Rear Reflector Set
  • OEM Side Panel Trim
  • OEM M Sports Accelerator Pedal + Brake Pad
  • Matt chrome covers
Thanks for posting the pics. I have an Arctic grey xline on order and plan on wrapping a number of the silver bits in matte or gloss black. Have you considered wrapping the rear diffuser and front lip in a matte or gloss black? I think that would look pretty sharp.

I also plan on replacing the xline wheel arches with painted M sport wheel arches. The arches look like they are a direct fit, but I haven't been able to confirm that with anyone. I like the silver trim around the windows and roof rail so I plan to leave those alone.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 08:22 AM   #5
hk5er
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby818 View Post
Thanks for posting the pics. I have an Arctic grey xline on order and plan on wrapping a number of the silver bits in matte or gloss black. Have you considered wrapping the rear diffuser and front lip in a matte or gloss black? I think that would look pretty sharp.

I also plan on replacing the xline wheel arches with painted M sport wheel arches. The arches look like they are a direct fit, but I haven't been able to confirm that with anyone. I like the silver trim around the windows and roof rail so I plan to leave those alone.
If I have my way, I would like to replace the chrome parts in gloss black but it's too much work as a lot of parts will have to be taken apart I think. It's also expensive to paint such a big surface area. At one point, I was considering wrapping but wasn't sure if that is a good idea as I think it will give way eventually somewhat.

The wheel arches should be a perfect fit if you order BMW OEM parts. That's exactly what I have done for a couple of parts that are easy to replace. I've got them painted in gloss black then did a one for one replacement myself.

I've ordered the trim and roof rails in black from BMW so they came with it from factory.

Please send some pictures after you've modded it, I think it will look awesome!
      07-15-2019, 09:15 AM   #6
maczrool
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M50i Carbon Black

How hard is it to replace the chrome exhaust tips with shadow line ones when they become available?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #7
hk5er
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maczrool View Post
How hard is it to replace the chrome exhaust tips with shadow line ones when they become available?
I have read from a thread here that it takes a couple of hours as it's not so straight forward. Am not sure how difficult or easy it is as I wasn't planning to change it. Maybe someone else with experience can chip in?