Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
AndroidRobot,
I think the BMW Genius I spoke with said it all, each dealership is independently owned. You might get a good one, you might not. It would appear you didn't. Hence that long post I did about a check list.

In my career, when having factory issues, we would never tell a new customer we were having issues. We would delay shipment or push out customer acceptance dates but normally said it was due to part shortages or some other reason.

We did not want to put fear in the customers heart, thinking they're on the verge of getting a lemon or that we have internal issues we're dealing with or we're pushing out a machine before its time just to capture market share. Its a small world and customers talk with each other. AND, that was before social media and sites like this one We made sure we addressed the issue while it was still at the factory...however, we were not a mass production factory.

My point is that no matter who you talk with at a company, if its a negative situation, I highly doubt you will get full transparency or even the complete truth.

Now, your dealer, well, that's another whole story. As unhappy as they may be now, just wait till that engineer shows up and you meet them there

You're on the right track, keep focused and calm and let BMW do their thing. Could it be one electronic module causing the whole mess? Who knows.

Fingers crossed for you!
It wouldn't bother me if they were up front, not knowing is worse. All dealers are independent of BMW like all car dealers (except Tesla) so for the record, I'm pretty well versed in that area. I've gone through a legitimate lemon law case years ago so I know the process and what to be aware of on both sides. I find it off-putting when I'm not told what's going on because it will be on my service ticket anyway so why hide it? I could also get BMW to pull the work done for me if I want therefore not disclosing info is shady.

I have no issue when people are honest at all. When something's off (like I said I'm an engineer too so I look for the details) and no explanation is given or they dodge my question, then I start to tear into everything. I'm sure they're going to be very excited since the engineer coming is over the dealer and regional reps head so to speak therefore they have to comply and fake a smile. I didn't ask for one, BMW NA told me they're sending someone and a date.

Either way, not having working GPS, phone anything (Bluetooth is now being weird), etc is not pleasant. I love my X5, this is simply annoying because I can't do basic things aside from drive half the time.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 04:42 PM   #24
dream54ing
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428xi F32- X5 X5 G05 -640i F06

Just now following....

Mystro covered it pretty well, probably no single issue major enough to get a buy back, but definitely a long list of items to be considered. Some items might be iffy, but crazy that nothing is fixed over the 1.5 months!!! From readings of past threads, wont be surprised if they do a buy back if those engineer arent able to make any progress. The time and man power spent trying to diagnosis is far more than the cost of a replacement! not to mention customer satisfactory.

Hope nothing like that happens to us, it would drive me nuts. Top chain of BMW would get a piece of my mind. Fingers crossed, ours been exceeding our expectation.

What a mess, hope BMW make it right, pronto!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 09:57 AM   #25
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream54ing View Post
Just now following....

Mystro covered it pretty well, probably no single issue major enough to get a buy back, but definitely a long list of items to be considered. Some items might be iffy, but crazy that nothing is fixed over the 1.5 months!!! From readings of past threads, wont be surprised if they do a buy back if those engineer arent able to make any progress. The time and man power spent trying to diagnosis is far more than the cost of a replacement! not to mention customer satisfactory.

Hope nothing like that happens to us, it would drive me nuts. Top chain of BMW would get a piece of my mind. Fingers crossed, ours been exceeding our expectation.

What a mess, hope BMW make it right, pronto!
Yes, none are super major but all add up to a frustrating experience since no one wants to order parts and fix the issues. It's illegal to deny service when the work was approved for warranty but I'm not getting into that right now. I'm waiting to see how things play out because the time frame where they haven't done anything is only getting longer. We will be at 2 months but the time their engineer shows up. .

You have no idea how frustrating this has been, I've already taken 2 days off work for issues and dealership visits out of town so it's wasting my time. I love my X5 and would get another if they take this one back but only if it's sorted out very fast which is why I'm waiting to see what happens
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 10:17 AM   #26
dream54ing
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428xi F32- X5 X5 G05 -640i F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Yes, none are super major but all add up to a frustrating experience since no one wants to order parts and fix the issues. It's illegal to deny service when the work was approved for warranty but I'm not getting into that right now. I'm waiting to see how things play out because the time frame where they haven't done anything is only getting longer. We will be at 2 months but the time their engineer shows up. .

You have no idea how frustrating this has been, I've already taken 2 days off work for issues and dealership visits out of town so it's wasting my time. I love my X5 and would get another if they take this one back but only if it's sorted out very fast which is why I'm waiting to see what happens
Yep, I absolutely understand the situation and frustration, its crazy how long its taking them to correct the approved minor items. that's why i mentioned on my prior post that Im not surprised if they do the buy back for the amount of time spend on it.

I personally dont play nice if it was me in this situation I would drive it so far up the flag pole, BMW wishes i'm not a customer. Sounds like you've done that in a "professional and civil" manner

Well hope things works out!
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2019, 02:56 PM   #27
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream54ing View Post
Quote:

Yep, I absolutely understand the situation and frustration, its crazy how long its taking them to correct the approved minor items. that's why i mentioned on my prior post that Im not surprised if they do the buy back for the amount of time spend on it.

I personally dont play nice if it was me in this situation I would drive it so far up the flag pole, BMW wishes i'm not a customer. Sounds like you've done that in a "professional and civil" manner

Well hope things works out!
I've done my fair share of that, don't worry. they're well aware of my position right now
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 03:11 PM   #28
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

OP, I just read your post and update and have to say that don't let your guard down. Something is going on that they aren't telling you about. I too have had dealings with BMWNA corporate and I was on the verge of a buyback when they "flew in the engineer" and basically told me that all my issues were "normal" and even let me drive another car off the lot to prove it. When I told them that the 2 MY newer cars on the lot didn't have the problem, they basically told me that they only consider the same MY when comparing two cars since, essentially, upgrades made MY to MY don't "count" retroactively toward my car. Since in my case it involved the transmission and throttle, this wasn't a very comforting feeling.

In any event, sounds like they've gone into some kind of damage control mode. I'd be very careful about what you say to them and ask them for unless you plan on getting a lawyer involved since, in my experience, they won't hesitate to go that route in a heartbeat.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 03:47 PM   #29
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
OP, I just read your post and update and have to say that don't let your guard down. Something is going on that they aren't telling you about. I too have had dealings with BMWNA corporate and I was on the verge of a buyback when they "flew in the engineer" and basically told me that all my issues were "normal" and even let me drive another car off the lot to prove it. When I told them that the 2 MY newer cars on the lot didn't have the problem, they basically told me that they only consider the same MY when comparing two cars since, essentially, upgrades made MY to MY don't "count" retroactively toward my car. Since in my case it involved the transmission and throttle, this wasn't a very comforting feeling.

In any event, sounds like they've gone into some kind of damage control mode. I'd be very careful about what you say to them and ask them for unless you plan on getting a lawyer involved since, in my experience, they won't hesitate to go that route in a heartbeat.

Good luck and keep us posted.
I can go the legal road if needed, my guard is far from down, I know something's wrong and not being told to me. Unless the rep is a really good liar she genuinely seems concerned about things. I will keep pushing the matter and take whatever action is needed as I mentioned before. Did you legally fight them? How did it go? I'm avoiding that road as long as possible for now.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 04:09 PM   #30
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
I can go the legal road if needed, my guard is far from down, I know something's wrong and not being told to me. Unless the rep is a really good liar she genuinely seems concerned about things. I will keep pushing the matter and take whatever action is needed as I mentioned before. Did you legally fight them? How did it go? I'm avoiding that road as long as possible for now.
No, I didn't. I got the bait and switch. I was essentially told by the GM that BMW wanted to help me out and they were going to start the trade assist process. BMWNA essentially concurred but said they wanted to send out the engineer for "one last check". The engineer basically said my problem was typical for (.1% of the cars built) and left. I got super pissy with BMWNA and demanded they send him back since I wasn't given an opportunity to speak to him or drive the car with him. They flew him back and I did get a chance to speak to him and demonstrated the issues and he said "yup typical". They had a new 2013 the lot which we drove back to back and it had the same issue. He acknowledged it was an issue, that they coudn't really do anything, but that they weren't prepared to call it an issue. BMW denied helping me further so I just traded the car. I got good money for it but they soured me something fierce. This was almost 6 years ago.

The long story is here...

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=712371

Last edited by Needsdecaf; 05-29-2019 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 04:19 PM   #31
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
No, I didn't. I got the bait and switch. I was essentially told by the GM that BMW wanted to help me out and they were going to start the trade assist process. BMWNA essentially concurred but said they wanted to send out the engineer for "one last check". The engineer basically said my problem was typical for (.1% of the cars built) and left. I got super pissy with BMWNA and demanded they send him back since I wasn't given an opportunity to speak to him or drive the car with him. They flew him back and I did get a chance to speak to him and demonstrated the issues and he said "yup typical". They had a new 2013 the lot which we drove back to back and it had the same issue. He acknowledged it was an issue, that they coudn't really do anything, but that they weren't prepared to call it an issue. BMW denied helping me further so I just traded the car. I got good money for it but they soured me something fierce. This was almost 6 years ago.

The long story is here...

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=712371
Yea that would have me dumping the car and telling the brand their competition will be getting my business from now on. I almost got to that point with Audi but the dealership owner was a friend and traded me out for another Audi. He knew that by not keeping me happy, he would be loosing several new car purchases in the future.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2019, 05:39 PM   #32
EbonyReader
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5, 2008 BMW X5

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I don't understand the dealer's response. It sounds like you have been quite patient. Good luck getting everything resolved.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 10:48 PM   #33
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyReader View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I don't understand the dealer's response. It sounds like you have been quite patient. Good luck getting everything resolved.
I don't either. I'll gladly screenshot the emails from BMW NA and redact sensitive info later on
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 07:21 PM   #34
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
I have a little more info to share that I'll post probably tomorrow morning. I wanted to share where my GPS now thinks I am, Antarctica....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 08:15 PM   #35
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
I have a little more info to share that I'll post probably tomorrow morning. I wanted to share where my GPS now thinks I am, Antarctica....
You lost your GPS antenna.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2019, 08:45 PM   #36
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Hope you are dressed warmly, frostbite can be a real pain.
Appreciate 2
      06-05-2019, 08:47 PM   #37
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Well, at least its good to know that Fiat Chrysler withdrew their merger offer for Renault. Send your mailing address in Antarctica, will send a nice down coat and a set of tire chains.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2019, 08:50 PM   #38
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Oh, I lost it about 2 months ago... it just started showing Antartica today. Before this, it showed my being 500-1000 miles away
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 12:06 PM   #39
Aliendrive
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i 24 X3 M40i

Garage List
2023 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Oh, I lost it about 2 months ago... it just started showing Antartica today. Before this, it showed my being 500-1000 miles away
Hopefully it's not popping up a message to recalibrate your compass and drive in a circle on a daily basis. I've had that pop up on 2 of my previous bmws when car doesn't line up on nav map.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2019, 07:52 AM   #40
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

Android, Were you able to fix your stuff? We need to find you a new dealer
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2019, 12:04 PM   #41
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I thought Android was going to post new info. It's there an update?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2019, 10:41 PM   #42
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
I thought Android was going to post new info. It's there an update?
I've been busy with other things, I found out why the dealer was being dumb but I might wait and post everything after meeting the engineer Tuesday. I've been far too busy so I apologise
Appreciate 2
gpitts247.00
      06-08-2019, 10:53 PM   #43
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
I've been busy with other things, I found out why the dealer was being dumb but I might wait and post everything after meeting the engineer Tuesday. I've been far too busy so I apologise
You've really been through the wringer with this situation. Hopefully they are able to resolve things for you satisfactorily (if that's even a possibility at this point).
      06-10-2019, 06:29 PM   #44
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts View Post
You've really been through the wringer with this situation. Hopefully they are able to resolve things for you satisfactorily (if that's even a possibility at this point).
I'll find out tomorrow and let you guy's know
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00