BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-10-2019, 12:40 AM   #1
MrG05X5
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5

Speaker on A-Pillar poor fit quality

Hey all,

Anyone in this forum has a build that has really bad fitment of the A-Pillar speakers on both the passenger and the driver's side ?

I have seen some people in the X3 forums with the same issue.

see attached;
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 06:50 AM   #2
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG05X5 View Post
Hey all,

Anyone in this forum has a build that has really bad fitment of the A-Pillar speakers on both the passenger and the driver's side ?

I have seen some people in the X3 forums with the same issue.

see attached;
It's not seated properly (obviously). My ML has a similar speaker on the A pillar. It just pops right off. I would guess for you, you can roll the window down and try to rotate/push the speaker back into place - gently rotating/pushing from the outside in towards the cabin. Or - there's always the dealer.

This happened to me, albeit on my ML, after I got my windows tinted. Very easy fix.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 06:57 PM   #3
MrG05X5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
It's not seated properly (obviously). My ML has a similar speaker on the A pillar. It just pops right off. I would guess for you, you can roll the window down and try to rotate/push the speaker back into place - gently rotating/pushing from the outside in towards the cabin. Or - there's always the dealer.

This happened to me, albeit on my ML, after I got my windows tinted. Very easy fix.
Thanks for the heads up !
I did send it to the window tinter indeed. I will follow up with them.
I'm just afraid to break the plastic tabs on the plastic. (I hope they didn't break any upon removal)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 08:53 PM   #4
salfeet84
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG05X5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post

Thanks for the heads up !
I did send it to the window tinter indeed. I will follow up with them.
I'm just afraid to break the plastic tabs on the plastic. (I hope they didn't break any upon removal)
Mine had it, couldn't fix it despite trying many many times, ended up buying new speaker covers and they're back to normal now. I'm sure it was my tint guy
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 01:07 PM   #5
doctorttt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G06

It sounds like the tint guy screwed up. Do they really have to remove the speaker cover for tinting? Now, I'm not sure if I should go to a 3rd party for tinting or ask BMW to do it at delivery. I know BMW brings in a 3rd party to do it, but at least BMW will be responsible for any damages from the work.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 12:05 AM   #6
MrG05X5
Rep

UPDATE:

Hey all, thanks for your help and responses.

My detailer manage to fix it for me by unclipping 4 or 5 anchor points on the plastic part. Turns out the tinter did not reinstall it correctly as the bottom anchor points did not latch on.

Here is the link to the instructions on removing if you want to do it yourself.
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/g...ver/1VncwFJZU1
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 08:09 AM   #7
HMN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5MC LCI, 2017 F86 X6M

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorttt View Post
It sounds like the tint guy screwed up. Do they really have to remove the speaker cover for tinting? Now, I'm not sure if I should go to a 3rd party for tinting or ask BMW to do it at delivery. I know BMW brings in a 3rd party to do it, but at least BMW will be responsible for any damages from the work.
it has never crossed me that they remove the speaker covers for tinting. Seems a bit strange to do so.
2017 F86 X6M - Donington Grey
2024 F95 X5M Comp LCI - Isle of Man Green
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 08:19 AM   #8
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
it has never crossed me that they remove the speaker covers for tinting. Seems a bit strange to do so.
It would appear as though they remove the door panel in order to get to the bottom of the window glass, I mean they would need to be sure to have the tint below the window sill, wouldn't they?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 09:30 AM   #9
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
It would appear as though they remove the door panel in order to get to the bottom of the window glass, I mean they would need to be sure to have the tint below the window sill, wouldn't they?
Yeah - that's why my tint guy did it. To gain access to the entire glass since there's some overlap of the A pillar and glass.
Appreciate 0