BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-27-2019, 01:42 PM   #23
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
This was in the press release...not sure my eyes can see any differences. Maybe someone can point out the changes.

"The new BMW X5 M50i and X7 M50i models feature front bumpers with larger openings to allow for greater air flow to the cooling system. The rocker panels and rear bumpers have been sculptured to set the models apart from the rest of the line."
The press release is referring to the standard X line for 2020 as the
M-Sport doesn’t exist in that context. The M-Sport and M50i are the same car less the 67hp increase and one wheel option.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 02:21 PM   #24
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
No exterior changes to the M50i vs MSport 50i so there are plenty of pictures with a black grill, my car included in Carbon Black
Got it. Wasn't sure if the BMW OEM shadowline was slightly different than the gloss black. I swear on the 7 series and other models the BMW shadowline appears to read as a dark gray as opposed to black.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 02:34 PM   #25
Xfive
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfive View Post
It's hard to explain, my F15 had an aggressiveness that I felt was missing in my previous G05.
Congrats! You are officially the first owner on the G05 forum to take delivery of a M50i. It looks amazing!! What happened to your previous G05?
I had a few issues that could not get resolved and the dealer along with BMW worked together to replace it.
Appreciate 1
Jehad2.00
      08-27-2019, 02:42 PM   #26
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
I had a few issues that could not get resolved and the dealer along with BMW worked together to replace it.

Hopefully much better luck the second time around.
Appreciate 1
Xfive148.50
      08-27-2019, 03:13 PM   #27
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
M-Sport doesn’t exist in that context. The M-Sport and M50i are the same car less the 67hp increase and one wheel option.
And don't forget the 74 lb additional torque
Appreciate 1
MystroX56243.00
      08-27-2019, 04:16 PM   #28
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Can you elaborate on those issues?
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 04:56 PM   #29
Xfive
Private
Rep

Quote:
looks like they updated the instrument cluster is that using adaptive cruise control? can you take more pics of the cluster and what you can display?
Posted an updated cluster picture.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 05:04 PM   #30
Xfive
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Quote:

Hopefully much better luck the second time around.
I can't really complain, the dealership always takes great care of me. I think I've driven everything from an M340 to a 750 as a loaner. I really hope this one pulls through.
Appreciate 1
SCA562.50
      08-27-2019, 05:18 PM   #31
Xfive
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
This was in the press release...not sure my eyes can see any differences. Maybe someone can point out the changes.

"The new BMW X5 M50i and X7 M50i models feature front bumpers with larger openings to allow for greater air flow to the cooling system. The rocker panels and rear bumpers have been sculptured to set the models apart from the rest of the line."
M-Sport doesn't exist in that context. The M-Sport and M50i are the same car less the 67hp increase and one wheel option.
I think overall it's very similar on the outside with the exception of the factory extended shawdowline and M badging. The ride is very different though, I do not and did not have DHP. My previous X5 felt bouncy at times, the new has a more confident / firm feel.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 05:20 PM   #32
Xfive
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiddiq1 View Post
Mind posting more pictures of the front with the black grill? Great build!
posted
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 05:27 PM   #33
THinthedesert
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

Congratulations, it's beautiful.

Can you post close ups of the X5 and M50i badges in the rear. I really like that fact that they are not chrome, and I presume they are cerium gray?
Appreciate 1
Xfive148.50
      08-27-2019, 05:51 PM   #34
martinf79
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

M-Sport doesn't exist in that context. The M-Sport and M50i are the same car less the 67hp increase and one wheel option.
I think overall it's very similar on the outside with the exception of the factory extended shawdowline and M badging. The ride is very different though, I do not and did not have DHP. My previous X5 felt bouncy at times, the new has a more confident / firm feel.
Did you get the air suspension?
      08-27-2019, 05:58 PM   #35
Xfive
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Negative. I have no idea why I did not bother to at least get air. It all happened pretty quick and my priority was to get the options that were not available for the first build, B&W and alcantara.

When I was running through my checklist, I think someone made a post about the air suspension that left me with some questions so I decided to leave it off.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 06:31 PM   #36
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
posted
Thanks! Looks mean. Enjoy it in good health
Appreciate 1
Xfive148.50
      08-27-2019, 06:53 PM   #37
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Negative. I have no idea why I did not bother to at least get air. It all happened pretty quick and my priority was to get the options that were not available for the first build, B&W and alcantara.

When I was running through my checklist, I think someone made a post about the air suspension that left me with some questions so I decided to leave it off.
Do you regret it or are you happy with the M adaptive suspension?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 07:26 PM   #38
Xfive
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No regrets, love how it rides.
Appreciate 1
VTENGR1043.50
      08-27-2019, 07:32 PM   #39
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiddiq1 View Post
Mind posting more pictures of the front with the black grill? Great build!
posted
what issues did your original one have for BMW to replace it.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 09:32 PM   #40
martinf79
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No regrets, love how it rides.
I passed on it as well... the car looked like it was sitting high ... that's why I asked
      08-27-2019, 10:33 PM   #41
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Can you elaborate on those issues?
Quote:
what issues did your original one have for BMW to replace it.
AR, My bet a NDA was signed or this multiple X5 owner has enough common sense not to burn bridges with his selling dealer nor BMW NA.

Edit: I can guarantee a NDA was signed with NA’s involvement.

Last edited by SCA; 08-27-2019 at 10:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 10:51 PM   #42
MrMoo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
I can't really complain, the dealership always takes great care of me. I think I've driven everything from an M340 to a 750 as a loaner. I really hope this one pulls through.
Are you asking for these models as loaners or are they just given to you? I ask because 3/5 times when I take my car to get serviced I get thrown a X1 or 1 series lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 11:08 PM   #43
Xfive
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoo View Post
Quote:
Are you asking for these models as loaners or are they just given to you? I ask because 3/5 times when I take my car to get serviced I get thrown a X1 or 1 series lol.
They let me pick. My only request is that I am never offered an X3. I always just ask whats available, and they offer up a selection. I'm super chill and patient and do not have a fit if they don't have anything "fun" to drive while mine is in the shop.

I had a 750 during the time my M50i was being built.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 11:37 PM   #44
MrMoo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
They let me pick. My only request is that I am never offered an X3. I always just ask whats available, and they offer up a selection. I'm super chill and patient and do not have a fit if they don't have anything "fun" to drive while mine is in the shop.

I had a 750 during the time my M50i was being built.
Lol ok you have peaked my curiosity. Why not the X3?

Thanks for the tip mate. I'll ask them what they have available from now on.

I actually enjoy getting random loaners but lets just say now I KNOW i don't want to buy an X1 or 130 lol.

Wow really nice man. I'de tell them to take their time if I had that loaner.
Appreciate 0