BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-18-2022, 10:34 AM   #1
hiki08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05

"ConnectedDrive is not activated"

Hello all, so I've recently been trying to 'fix' an issue with the My BMW app not sending map instructions to the car. In the end, I realised it was my mistake as I needed to be logged into the same user profile in the car as the profile which sent those instructions on the phone.

During that process I had removed my user profile in the car (trial and error of things)... and when I logged back into the account on the phone I had to create a new account with the same telephone number credentials which I had an account in the past (couldn't simply log back in for some reason). So I recreated the account with the same number and typed in the VIN... but now in the app I'm stuck with a car that's draped over (see image below).

When I click on the "garage" selection on the top right, it shows that "ConnectedDrive is not activated" for the vehicle. I can see the vehicle location in the "map" tab but that's about it.

I can't figure out what's causing this because if I log into the My BMW app with another pre-existing profile/telephone number (which I did not remove in the car), I can still see the car's stats (fuel remaining, windows/locks, location etc.). Also attaching an image of what it looks like once I log into a pre-existing account that I didn't remove from iDrive in the car.

Do I need to somehow connect the phone to the car again? Scan a QR code or something?

Cheers!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0