BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-15-2021, 09:54 AM   #23
mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 Mineral White X5MC

The dealership. It was handled like a trade as if I owned it and had a loan. They got the buyout from BMWFS and then made me an offer on a trade. They are DESPERATE for used cars. They literally had mine up and on their website the next day.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 09:14 AM   #24
Mo2002
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Congratulations!
Appreciate 1
mnewnam269.50
      05-16-2021, 12:04 PM   #25
hdahman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewnam View Post
The dealership. It was handled like a trade as if I owned it and had a loan. They got the buyout from BMWFS and then made me an offer on a trade. They are DESPERATE for used cars. They literally had mine up and on their website the next day.
Very interesting, I thought lease is a lease. You either return or buy it off BMWFS.
Congrats though
Appreciate 1
mnewnam269.50
      05-16-2021, 02:52 PM   #26
mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 Mineral White X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdahman View Post
Quote:
Very interesting, I thought lease is a lease. You either return or buy it off BMWFS.
Congrats though
That's what I always thought. But they said things really changed this year as used car prices has totally upended residual values and puts most people in a positive equity situation. That's when it makes sense to either buy it out from BMWFS for the agreed upon buyout to keep or flip or to work out a trade with the dealer. They handled the buy out and it went really smooth. It's crazy they need cars desperately. One of the days I was there a transporter was dropping off new inventory. You should have seen how relieved the sales people were.

If any one is in the Houston area I can share my CA's contact info at BMW of West Houston. Great guy, available day and night and he made sure I got it. There was some drama on the day I made the deal over the phone. Another sales person took the car and hid it in the back as he was trying to get his guy to buy the car first. My CA called me and said I needed to get down there right away. I got there first and filled out all the paperwork while management argued with the other sales guy about where the vehicle was. They had to come up to me multiple times and were embarrassed that they couldn't find the car. There were some tense moments but, eventually it all worked out. DRAMA! Makes me chuckle at this point.
Appreciate 1
jphcbpa314.50
      05-16-2021, 06:02 PM   #27
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Nice! Add the MSS kit and spacers next!!
      05-16-2021, 07:19 PM   #28
jphcbpa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i & 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdahman View Post
Quote:
Congrats though
That's what I always thought. But they said things really changed this year as used car prices has totally upended residual values and puts most people in a positive equity situation. That's when it makes sense to either buy it out from BMWFS for the agreed upon buyout to keep or flip or to work out a trade with the dealer. They handled the buy out and it went really smooth. It's crazy they need cars desperately. One of the days I was there a transporter was dropping off new inventory. You should have seen how relieved the sales people were.

If any one is in the Houston area I can share my CA's contact info at BMW of West Houston. Great guy, available day and night and he made sure I got it. There was some drama on the day I made the deal over the phone. Another sales person took the car and hid it in the back as he was trying to get his guy to buy the car first. My CA called me and said I needed to get down there right away. I got there first and filled out all the paperwork while management argued with the other sales guy about where the vehicle was. They had to come up to me multiple times and were embarrassed that they couldn't find the car. There were some tense moments but, eventually it all worked out. DRAMA! Makes me chuckle at this point.
Please share...I reside in Houston
Appreciate 1
mnewnam269.50