BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-04-2022, 10:56 AM   #1
CyberBear
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Just Ordered x5 45e - Let's talk warranties and track expectations!

I'm so excited..just ordered my x5 45e yesterday. Dealership was pretty huge but sadly very empty of course but salesman was very nice to work with.

I have read quite a bit on here about the ultimate care package. I'm probably going to average about 12k a year or less. I live close to a major highway so a mix of highway and city, not much traffic.

Seems like most people don't recommend the ultimate care plus because you may not need to use it within the 3 years.

WARRANTY:

I got all the bells and whistles (no M sport though): climate, luxury, parking and driving assistance. I checked all those boxes when I ordered. There are a lot of things that could go wrong. Seems like an extended warranty would be a good idea..(maybe?)

Any experiences with people who purchased warranties to cover all the internal tech stuff? Is it worth it? Is it expensive?

Help me out while I wait for my car to hopefully get a production date soon.

Last edited by CyberBear; 03-08-2022 at 08:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 12:50 PM   #2
PacShakur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

I passed on the extended warranty offered for my X5M Comp from the dealer in favor of the Mechanical Breakdown Insurance from Geico. Its an alternative to the factory warranty and has covered an oil gasket leak on my F80 M3. Has a $250 deductible but have to start policy within the first year or 15k miles. So basically you are paying for something that you can't use until the factory 4/50k is up.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 08:23 AM   #3
CyberBear
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

This is a great suggestion for the warranty. I just looked it up and Progressive has it too but I didn't see bmw in their drop down list so I will have to call.

I think I may pass on the care plus too and just put the money aside for the up keep since you don't really need brakes and rotors in the first 30k.

Other questions: I got a production number yesterday and I can now see the status online.

Do you have to call for status codes on your build?

Whats the average turnaround time once you get the production number to that blue dot moving to the next step? (I know thinks fluctuate but looking for past experiences)
Appreciate 0