BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-16-2022, 08:04 AM   #1
CyberBear
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

PCD and CA Commission

Does picking up your car at the PCD impact CA commission?

My car is still in 'order received' status and I reached out to BMW about the PCD. They gave me all the details and exact what form my CA needs to submit via their internal site. I am scheduled for week 16 so many weeks to go before production.

My CA was usually very responsive via text when I was buying the car and when he provided me the order number so I reached out that way and heard nothing. I sent an email and got no response. Then I called and he was in that day but unavailable to take my call. I left a message with my number and no call.

So I'm wondering if he is avoiding me because it will impact his commission or is there something else to it? I don't want to miss this opportunity if I can make the dates work.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 08:28 AM   #2
G05 7074
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBear View Post

My car is still in 'order received' status and I reached out to BMW about the PCD. They gave me all the details and exact what form my CA needs to submit via their internal site. I am scheduled for week 16 so many weeks to go before production.

My CA was usually very responsive via text when I was buying the car and when he provided me the order number so I reached out that way and heard nothing. I sent an email and got no response. Then I called and he was in that day but unavailable to take my call. I left a message with my number and no call.

So I'm wondering if he is avoiding me because it will impact his commission or is there something else to it? I don't want to miss this opportunity if I can make the dates work.
I think the short of it is that dealers aren't incentivized to accommodate PCD. They have to cover a portion of the cost. And since you're picking up the car in South Carolina they don't have as much of an opportunity to upsell you on add-ons at delivery.

I had a similar experience. I had to ask about PCD three times before my CA addressed it. He then told me wrong info, saying BMW would ship the car to NORTH Carolina, they'd pay for me but not my plus one, essentially trying to dissuade me. Overall, just another piss poor experience during my entire purchase experience!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 08:45 AM   #3
CyberBear
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I had already exchanged emails with the BMW contact on here about warranties so unless they were matching (I doubt they were because it was a substantial difference) then I wasn't adding anything anyway.

I'm not getting ultimate care either, there isn't much maintenance to do for the first 3 years so seemed like a waste and I could pocket that money for when I do have to do something.

Not sure where to go from here.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 12:14 PM   #4
ENCBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i; X5 45e

I can't speak to the extent that the dealer has to pay anything/directly costing them. But generally, I think the sales folks don't love it because they don't get as good of a shot at add-ons.

Ultimately, they are having the best few years in their careers and should be happy. I've seen reactions on both sides - my dealer was excited about the PCD and encouraged it; others haven't had the same experience.

I think it's case by case. It might just be extra work they don't want.
Appreciate 1
FiatLux11.50
      03-16-2022, 02:09 PM   #5
CyberBear
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENCBimmer View Post

I think it's case by case. It might just be extra work they don't want.
What kind of work is involved? I thought they were just submitting a form? Is there more to it?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 07:10 AM   #6
ENCBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i; X5 45e

Quote:
What kind of work is involved? I thought they were just submitting a form? Is there more to it?
When I did mine the salesman handled all the communication with them (communicated the flight info, date changes, release forms, etc) rather than sending anything to me to handle. I guess he was just providing good service?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 10:04 AM   #7
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
I'm not getting ultimate care either, there isn't much maintenance to do for the first 3 years so seemed like a waste and I could pocket that money for when I do have to do something.

Not sure where to go from here.
UltimateCare is free and comes with every new BMW sold. Are you maybe referring to UltimateCare+? That covers the we are items.

I would contact the sales manager at your dealership and see what he can do.
      03-17-2022, 10:49 AM   #8
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Doubt it impacts their commision, but when you do PCD they never get to see the vehicle and have an opportunity to try their add-ons, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 10:52 AM   #9
jkingin
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

building off of OP's question - does the dealership or CA get any benefit when we purchase the Ultimate Care + package? Or is that all to just BMW?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 10:56 AM   #10
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkingin View Post
building off of OP's question - does the dealership or CA get any benefit when we purchase the Ultimate Care + package? Or is that all to just BMW?
Dealerships usually benefit directly and indirectly. I'm not sure of the commision (if any) they receive for selling the packages, but consumers who buy the extended warranties typically bring their vehicles to the dealership for everything as opposed to those who don't have them, so the dealership benefits for the billable hours.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 11:46 AM   #11
CyberBear
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
UltimateCare is free and comes with every new BMW sold. Are you maybe referring to UltimateCare+? That covers the we are items.

I would contact the sales manager at your dealership and see what he can do.
Yes, sorry...I should have specified Ultimate Care+. I do want a warranty but not that.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 12:12 PM   #12
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Yes, sorry...I should have specified Ultimate Care+. I do want a warranty but not that.
Just for clarity, UltimateCare is not the warranty. It provides scheduled maintenance for three years/36k miles.
      03-17-2022, 12:38 PM   #13
CyberBear
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Just for clarity, UltimateCare is not the warranty. It provides scheduled maintenance for three years/36k miles.
Understood. I was talking about an extended warranty. I already emailed Christine from this group to get roundabout quote for the 5, 6, 7 year extended warranty.

As far as maintenance, I'll pay that as it comes.
Appreciate 0