BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-26-2022, 01:36 AM   #1
airduster
Private
Rep
Drives: '22 x5 45e

Wireless charging is back on 45e

It's back as a $500 option in US, way too expensive...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 08:06 AM   #2
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by airduster View Post
It's back as a $500 option in US, way too expensive...
It comes with a lot more than just wireless charging. I thought the same thing. There is another thread on it somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 03:19 PM   #3
airduster
Private
Rep
Drives: '22 x5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
It comes with a lot more than just wireless charging. I thought the same thing. There is another thread on it somewhere.
Here is what it looks like, don't see other addons except the hotspot that I thought as default on all X5s?

Wireless Charging and WiFi Hotspot
$500
A charging tray in the center console provides wireless inductive charging with an LED charge-level indicator. This feature adds WiFi hotspot with 3 month / 3 GB trial.
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2022, 04:28 PM   #4
hb45e
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 45e on order

Someone from Germany posted below “6NW Wireless Charging” option in German(he said he will post translated version) We need this English Version which lists all options 6NW comes with
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 04:30 PM   #5
kukula
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

dang this wasn’t available when i built my 45e last february. would have loved it to have this option
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 10:02 PM   #6
Celos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 xDrive45e

Quote:
You may be thinking of this recent thread (though there are others on the topic).

I'm still trying to get a definitive answer to whether the LTE Compensator cellular signal booster is part of the car or only comes with the wireless charger. It doesn't look like it gets listed on the options or standard features of a current build either way.

It could well be a supply chain casualty, with no clear answer. I don't think knowing how things were packaged pre-COVID is really useful at this point. If anyone knows for certain what comes with the wireless charging package and if the LTE Compensator is part of it for x45es being built in 2022, please share.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 11:51 PM   #7
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celos View Post
Quote:
You may be thinking of this recent thread (though there are others on the topic).

I'm still trying to get a definitive answer to whether the LTE Compensator cellular signal booster is part of the car or only comes with the wireless charger. It doesn't look like it gets listed on the options or standard features of a current build either way.

It could well be a supply chain casualty, with no clear answer. I don't think knowing how things were packaged pre-COVID is really useful at this point. If anyone knows for certain what comes with the wireless charging package and if the LTE Compensator is part of it for x45es being built in 2022, please share.
there is an older thread when the first MY22 were finally out in the wild listing the features that were missing yet undisclosed, one being the LTE compensator. i corresponded with one guy who confirmed his non-wireless charging X5 did not have the LTE compensator (photos and all).
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 12:00 AM   #8
Celos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 xDrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb45e View Post
Someone from Germany posted below “6NW Wireless Charging” option in German(he said he will post translated version) We need this English Version which lists all options 6NW comes with
I typed this into our good friend Google Translate, and it says:
Wireless connection of the phone to the vehicle, smartphone tray in front of the cup holders with inductive charging according to the qi standard for mobile phones (including LED charging status display and cell phone forgotten warning), connection to the external antenna possible, for selected devices without inductive charging function according to the qi standard special charging covers available via bmw parts and accessories (wireless charging for vehicles with manual switch located under the center armrest)

Enhanced functionalities (partially dependent on the bluetooth/usb device):

Improved hands-free feeling for drivers with a second microphone

Bluetooth audio streaming

WLAN hotspot preparation: possible to use the SIM card permanently installed in the vehicle (registration required for use)

2 telephones and 1 audio player can be connected at the same time via bluetooth

display of organizer content and contact photos from the address book

display of album covers

software update for multimedia and telephony via usb interface
So it does sound like it comes with the so-called LTE Compensator, though the placement of the commas in "connection to the external antenna possible, for selected devices without inductive charging function according to the qi standard special charging covers available via bmw parts and accessories (wireless charging for vehicles with manual switch located under the center armrest)" is a bit hard to parse.

I'm reading that as two different things:
  • "connection to the external antenna possible" — meaning the LTE Compensator/cellular booster through the X5 roof antenna
  • "for selected devices without inductive charging function according to the qi standard special charging covers available via bmw parts and accessories (wireless charging for vehicles with manual switch located under the center armrest)" — I'm guessing meaning if you have a phone that isn't Qi-compatible there are inductive charging adaptors available? Maybe that's a domestic German market thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
there is an older thread when the first MY22 were finally out in the wild listing the features that were missing yet undisclosed, one being the LTE compensator. i corresponded with one guy who confirmed his non-wireless charging X5 did not have the LTE compensator (photos and all).
Thanks for that. I guess then the missing piece of the puzzle is whether the US wireless charging pad option package also includes all the stuff in the German option package. For the price, I would think so. But I don't know if the US market ever had everything in the German package (including whatever the thing is with the manual switch located under the center armrest).
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 12:24 AM   #9
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
per U.S. G05 technical training guide:
"2.2. Telephony with wireless charging (SA 6NW)
The wireless charging station is available as optional equipment for the G05. The vehicle can be equipped with NFC for BMW Digital Key (SA 322) independently of the optional equipment Telephony with wireless charging (SA 6NW).
An LTE compensator is provided in vehicles equipped with SA 6NW which has the task of amplifying the aerial signals."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celos View Post
Thanks for that. I guess then the missing piece of the puzzle is whether the US wireless charging pad option package also includes all the stuff in the German option package. For the price, I would think so. But I don't know if the US market ever had everything in the German package (including whatever the thing is with the manual switch located under the center armrest).
in my U.S. MY21 G05 with wireless charging, all that stuff is included (though unaware about that manual switch under the center armrest for non-Qi devices)
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 12:37 AM   #10
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukula View Post
dang this wasn't available when i built my 45e last february. would have loved it to have this option
It was as I added it to mine late Jan.
      03-27-2022, 10:33 AM   #11
kukula
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
It was as I added it to mine late Jan.
Never showed up during my build
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 11:47 PM   #12
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

It’s been a $500 option since late last year, just wasn’t advertised.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 11:56 PM   #13
hb45e
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 45e on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukula View Post
Never showed up during my build
Yes, It was not a published option on the configurator, you needed to ask the dealer & the dealership was able to add it to build for $500
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 01:49 PM   #14
PittsDriver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 3.5i, X5 M50i

I explored this a little today with the dealer because it's a feature that they had led us to believe may or may not be available on our M50i order. Our sales guy had recently added it in their double secret dealer configurator (not on the web as an option) to an X3 build and it pushed out the build date by a few weeks.

Turns out, it is a standard feature on the X5 M50i and will be included at no additional cost - that's why it's not on the configurator. Now, whether we actually get or not will be determined by parts availability and they're suppose to let us know if it'll be built with or without it.
Appreciate 0