BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-13-2023, 01:22 PM   #23
Tejas1836
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5MC Workmaster 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
interesting, I use the same watch face (Modular) but I don’t see MyBMW among my list of complications (watchOS 9.4) whether setting it on the watch itself or on the Watch app on iPhone. I rebooted everything. thoughts?
On the watch, did you long hold the watch face until edit shows up? Then scroll L/R to complications, pick the location desired then scroll down the apps to myBMW.
      05-13-2023, 02:01 PM   #24
zsap
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 45e (2023)

This icon is useless. Also both, Apple Watch and iPhone apps.

I'd expect to have metrics for the petrol and the electricity percentage, not an icon that directs me to the app.

The same app itself. What is the purpose of lights blink/horn? Maybe I'm too old to understand ;-)

But we can't set precondition temperature for example. Why? Why BMW thinks they know better than me what temperature is right for me? ;-)

Or why I can't start/stop charging remotely? Why I can only "charge immediately" or in the time slot? I want to decide. I know when my PV installation is producing power during the day - but not always I can just go and plug it into the charger.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 02:46 PM   #25
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas1836 View Post
Quote:
interesting, I use the same watch face (Modular) but I don’t see MyBMW among my list of complications (watchOS 9.4) whether setting it on the watch itself or on the Watch app on iPhone. I rebooted everything. thoughts?
On the watch, did you long hold the watch face until edit shows up? Then scroll L/R to complications, pick the location desired then scroll down the apps to myBMW.
yup, that’s the first way I tried. no MyBMW after the Music app (see screenshot). then I tried setting complications through the Watch app on my phone (per above post). no MyBMW app either
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 02:59 PM   #26
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsap View Post

I'd expect to have metrics for the petrol and the electricity percentage, not an icon that directs me to the app.

The same app itself. What is the purpose of lights blink/horn? Maybe I'm too old to understand ;-)

But we can't set precondition temperature for example. Why? Why BMW thinks they know better than me what temperature is right for me? ;-)

Or why I can't start/stop charging remotely? Why I can only "charge immediately" or in the time slot? I want to decide. I know when my PV installation is producing power during the day - but not always I can just go and plug it into the charger.
1) you can set a few widgets on the iPhone’s home page (see 1st screenshot). page 2 of the Watch’s app shows petrol and charging stats (see 2nd screenshot)
2) lights and horn are often used to locate vehicle if you forget exactly where you parked
3) the preconditioning temp is whatever was set on your thermostat before you last exited the vehicle. I find the vehicle comfortable whenever entering, so I don’t quite see the need to tell the vehicle what temp to set if you were already comfortable at that temp on your most recent drive
4) the command to supply power to the vehicle’s on-board charger is initiated by the EVSE, so it’s not the fault of the vehicle that it can’t do what you’re wanting. you need a ‘smart’ EVSE capable of turning the power supply on or off wirelessly. I have a JuiceBox level 2 EVSE, and even though I set my vehicle to charge immediately, I can stop or start charging from the JuiceBox app. the level 1 EVSE that comes with the vehicle isn’t a ‘smart’ one so once it’s plugged in, charging will start immediately or in the time slot if scheduled; the same goes for any aftermarket level 2 EVSE that doesn’t have this capability.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 03:23 PM   #27
Tejas1836
Captain
Rep

Quote:
yup, that’s the first way I tried. no MyBMW after the Music app (see screenshot). then I tried setting complications through the Watch app on my phone (per above post). no MyBMW app either
A conundrum if the app is installed on the watch, it should be in the app list on the watch. Maybe delete from watch and reinstall
      05-13-2023, 03:45 PM   #28
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas1836 View Post
A conundrum if the app is installed on the watch, it should be in the app list on the watch. Maybe delete from watch and reinstall
that did it! (sorry, first Watch. not used to its functionality yet.) thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 05:39 PM   #29
zsap
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 45e (2023)

Quote:
1) you can set a few widgets on the iPhone’s home page (see 1st screenshot). page 2 of the Watch’s app shows petrol and charging stats (see 2nd screenshot)
2) lights and horn are often used to locate vehicle if you forget exactly where you parked
3) the preconditioning temp is whatever was set on your thermostat before you last exited the vehicle. I find the vehicle comfortable whenever entering, so I don’t quite see the need to tell the vehicle what temp to set if you were already comfortable at that temp on your most recent drive
4) the command to supply power to the vehicle’s on-board charger is initiated by the EVSE, so it’s not the fault of the vehicle that it can’t do what you’re wanting. you need a ‘smart’ EVSE capable of turning the power supply on or off wirelessly. I have a JuiceBox level 2 EVSE, and even though I set my vehicle to charge immediately, I can stop or start charging from the JuiceBox app. the level 1 EVSE that comes with the vehicle isn’t a ‘smart’ one so once it’s plugged in, charging will start immediately or in the time slot if scheduled; the same goes for any aftermarket level 2 EVSE that doesn’t have this capability.
1) still, I can't see % on the watch status bar, I need to click an icon to open the app.

2) thank you. I can imagine it can be useful for some people, but luckily looks like I'm not that old, as I still remember where my car was parked ;-)

3) I don't care what I had set when I left my car. I want to precondition it for my next trip. For my daily commute, I'm jumping in a hood, but when I'm driving longer trips, I prefer T-shirt only, so it means I need to stop and drop my hood after some time, because my €100k car can't be set to pre-condition on my requested temperature - but it can be set to pre-condition for a specific time; with a schedule! (EDIT: sorry, time slot definition only, not real schedule)

4) it can be set to start charging with a schedule, and the charger is built-in in a car, so it is possible to schedule, but it can't be triggered manually.

Try to do not explain to me why it is not possible when it could be easily :-)

EDIT: it's like with Digital Key. "Hey, you can use your phone or watch to unlock and start your car and we were first on the market", but they forgot to mention it works only from the driver's door, and all the comfort access idea is broken by design because someone decided it is "super cool enough", so there is no need to put additional NFC reader on the passenger side (front) and trunk handles at least.

Last edited by zsap; 05-13-2023 at 05:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 06:15 PM   #30
Tejas1836
Captain
Rep

Quote:
that did it! (sorry, first Watch. not used to its functionality yet.) thanks!
de nada
      05-18-2023, 08:15 AM   #31
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
preconditioning via the Watch app is much faster than the iPhone widget

the iPhone widget still has to open and log into the app first
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 08:01 PM   #32
aherman18
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21 530ex, 23 X5 45e

I think my watch app is working OK. However, I have two BMW vehicles, no problem changing in the app.

Is there a way to change vehicles on the watch app?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 08:32 PM   #33
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aherman18 View Post
I think my watch app is working OK. However, I have two BMW vehicles, no problem changing in the app.

Is there a way to change vehicles on the watch app?

Thanks.
I also have two bimmers. can’t change between them in the Watch app. I’ve sent a feature request to the app developers. you should do the same. the more, the better!
Appreciate 0