BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-31-2023, 08:57 AM   #1
SpeedballTrix
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT SBM/CBL; 2022 X5

So I just got my wife a 2022 X5 with the dreaded S6UY. I had no idea this was a thing and was pretty upset to find out about it (the dealer, of course, didn't say anything). The thing is: from what I understand if you have this delete then you should also have backup park assist deleted. But this car has it; she just used it last night with me in the car.
Does this mean the hardware is there and I can just code out the 6UY? That would be friggin awesome =P

If its going to require a four figure hardware change we probably will just live without it. Honestly I've never cared about touchscreens in my cars until I started driving with them. My daily beater 2006 Caddy has one that I almost never use, but the 2018 Q50 and even the 2018 Camry had them so now we're kind of thrown off that the $75k 2022 X5 doesn't.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 07:10 PM   #2
weinerbarn
Unapologetic Tool Hoarder
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Competition

Have a look here.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1874976

The touchscreen is able to be retrofitted and normally you would have to swap out the display unit and then code the vehicle to reenable the feature(s).

Quote:
Does this mean the hardware is there and I can just code out the 6UY?
Sounds like you bought the vehicle used so it's hard to say what the history of the vehicle was and what the previous owner might have done. You can try having someone remotely code the vehicle and see if the touchscreen magically works if the HW is already there. You can also pull the display out and verify the P/N against the thread I linked and see if it is a touchscreen capable display before doing anything.
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2023, 08:44 PM   #3
SpeedballTrix
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT SBM/CBL; 2022 X5

So... turns out it does not have park assist. Which is weird because it does have fully automated parking.
So I guess my only option is to replace the screen or accept it.
There's still a couple years left in the warranty so I'll probably just ride it out.
Appreciate 0