BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-29-2020, 01:17 PM   #45
Mixitt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 X40i; 2021 Z4 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Used CK 3.0 on mine . Did myself turned out great. Then again I am comfortable with detailing my own car. It is realistically a 12-18 month protection. I maintenance wash once a week using CarPro reset which is their car wash
PS Graphine coatings are soon to replace ceramics . They are as prone to water spots like ceramic coatings. A few YouTube videos out there on the new graphine coatings
I too use Carpro Reset shampoo. Stuff is amazing, best I've used.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 07:14 PM   #46
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixitt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Used CK 3.0 on mine . Did myself turned out great. Then again I am comfortable with detailing my own car. It is realistically a 12-18 month protection. I maintenance wash once a week using CarPro reset which is their car wash
PS Graphine coatings are soon to replace ceramics . They are as prone to water spots like ceramic coatings. A few YouTube videos out there on the new graphine coatings
I too use Carpro Reset shampoo. Stuff is amazing, best I've used.
Agreed
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 02:49 PM   #47
aben1975
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

I've done two cars now, both were done at high mileage and i used Car Pro Quatz. After paint correction and coating, the paint looked like new. I had really good results doing the paint corrections and application of the ceramic is very easy. Like other said its the day or two of the prep work. I will take delivery of a new X5 late September and am now planning to use Graphene from Ethos. There are a few properties of Graphene that are advantages and they claim a longer lasting coating. From my ceramic experience, it makes maintenance much easier and using a 'topper' of ceramic spray after a wash or once every few months brings back the slickness and high gloss. I am a DYI'er, but plan to graphene the wheels, plastic, glass and paint. Lots of You Tube info and my experience is it certainly worth it with Ceramic and if water spotting is reduced with Graphene and a longer lasting protection its a no brainier.
Appreciate 1
supdes48.00
      09-11-2020, 04:16 AM   #48
StanTheManBG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4, X6

I'm having my car coated with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra Pro + EXO top coat. I will be picking it up today after work and will share my thoughts along with some pics
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 04:40 PM   #49
BMWA
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
This points out the challenge of shopping for ceramic/PPF services. The vast majority of the cost for the service and labor it takes to do a good job is in paint correction (even on new cars) and not in the product itself. As you keep pressing for lower price, the detailers only option is to reduce his cost in paint correction: either by having a newly hired kid do the work or cutting back on his time in areas he knows you won't check. I would want an excellent job done at a reasonable price. I would want to know products they will use but as importantly hours they will spend in paint correction and by whom. I would then ask to sign off on the paint correction before sealer is installed.
If your not willing or able to pay a reasonable price, your probably better off doing it yourself or waxing two-three times a year.

Well said. I'm still in the early stages of researching if this is something I do. Thanks for this input..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 03:34 PM   #50
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

We offer Fusion Plus ceramic coating that helps repel water and mud

This video shows the highlights of the ceramic coating.
My favorite thing about Fusion is how it makes the color depth pop on painted surfaces.

Appreciate 0