BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-28-2020, 05:02 PM   #1
gfpr
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 40i

Coding oil temp instead of coolant tempt

Hi all,

In my previous BMW (F30) I had an oil temperature shown on the dashboard in the bottom right corner.

To my surprise, my G05 40i came with a coolant temperature on the dashboard.

I was able to change the dashboard layout to the M model using bimmercode (I haven't had time to setup esys for the G series yet). Now it has the oil icon next to the temperature but I am pretty sure it still shows the coolant temperature as the value seems different from the one shown on the sports displays on the center console screen.

Does anyone know if it is possible to make it actually show the oil temperature?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 11:25 AM   #2
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfpr View Post
Hi all,

In my previous BMW (F30) I had an oil temperature shown on the dashboard in the bottom right corner.

To my surprise, my G05 40i came with a coolant temperature on the dashboard.

I was able to change the dashboard layout to the M model using bimmercode (I haven't had time to setup esys for the G series yet). Now it has the oil icon next to the temperature but I am pretty sure it still shows the coolant temperature as the value seems different from the one shown on the sports displays on the center console screen.

Does anyone know if it is possible to make it actually show the oil temperature?

Thanks
Not sure if you can change the KOMBI temp readout but on the HU main display with sport displays on the screen you'll see it.
Appreciate 0