10-27-2020, 11:02 PM   #89
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRX5 View Post
The GPS antenna should be fully functional. Bavarian is installing the European maps and that would be pointless without the antenna. I really just want to figure out if I can get some of the ConnectedDrive features active. It sounds like some members of this thread have had some success, but the process for making it happen is clear to me.
Well, please keep us all updated. If you're able to get it working I may try to get mine going here in Korea. My biggest concern is trying to undo it all to get it working once the car is shipped back to the States. That's why I'm just going through Bimmer-Tech to unlock/activate Carplay for now.

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 09:29 AM   #90
Dullimite
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 xDrive 30i

Quote:
Gents,

I am expecting delivery of my X5 40I around mid-November into Kaiserslautern. I emailed Lee at Bavarian about the ability to access Connected Drive and he said there is still a SIM card issue. Is anyone in Germany currently able to get connected? If I read the thread correctly, it looks like only one person managed to get this working. If anyone know the process to make this work, please hit me up. Thanks!
I just took delivery of an x3 M40i from Lee. I have a co-worker with a 2020 330i that has all of the functionality with the connected app. He also has carplay so I have a feeling Lee is wrong. It didn't work immediately for him it took a few weeks. I'm wondering if requires all the customs, warranty and registration paperwork with BMW and the German government to be updated first.

I'm going to give it a few weeks, if anything changes I'll post an update.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 03:21 PM   #91
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

I followed the steps of the original poster and got some functionality, but never got the remote view to work. I now experience episodes where the app shows our X5 as no longer registered and that it cannot be registered. Then it "comes back" albeit with limited functionality. We did get an OTA update to the X5 recently, but nothing changed. Euler and the BMW connected drive people that I have dealt with in Germany still say that we cannot use it over here.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 04:19 AM   #92
timmedic
Rep
Drives: G20 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullimite View Post
I just took delivery of an x3 M40i from Lee. I have a co-worker with a 2020 330i that has all of the functionality with the connected app. He also has carplay so I have a feeling Lee is wrong. It didn't work immediately for him it took a few weeks. I'm wondering if requires all the customs, warranty and registration paperwork with BMW and the German government to be updated first.

I'm going to give it a few weeks, if anything changes I'll post an update.
Wanted to provide some context to your friends 2020 3er delivery experience. I just received my USDM 2021 330i through military sales here in Germany. I do have European Maps installed but that is it (e.g. no carplay, no android auto, no apps, etc.) I cannot even find what iDrive 7 software version I am on I am following this thread's instructions and if I have any luck I'll update.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 06:44 AM   #93
JJRX5
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Well I received an email back from BMW support and was told that I need to submit the warranty registration form. Of course they didnÂ’t actually provide me with the form and I canÂ’t seem to find it online. Does anyone happen to have a digital version of the form that they could push my way?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 07:21 AM   #94
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

Quote:
Well I received an email back from BMW support and was told that I need to submit the warranty registration form. Of course they didn't actually provide me with the form and I can't seem to find it online. Does anyone happen to have a digital version of the form that they could push my way?
If you bought the car through military sales then talk to your sales rep.

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 11:55 AM   #95
timmedic
Rep
Drives: G20 330i xDrive

I don't own an X5 but I did follow this forums instructions for my 2021 G20 and I wanted to share a success story. I wrote the email to BMW NA and BMW AG as recommended providing my Mil registration and today I received software version 07/2020.48. I do not know if it was coincidental or not but I now have Android Auto confirmed working with a Samsung S20. I think it's also worth sharing that I tried to upload my VIN into both the US and DE version of Connected Drive and it would never accept my VIN. At the time of this posting, I have still not uploaded my VIN into either version of the app but it has made zero difference as AA is working anyway. It is definitely possible to get this working in Europe for US Spec BMW's just stay persistent.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
A6bullet336.00
      11-10-2020, 11:25 AM   #96
Dullimite
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 xDrive 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmedic View Post
I don't own an X5 but I did follow this forums instructions for my 2021 G20 and I wanted to share a success story. I wrote the email to BMW NA and BMW AG as recommended providing my Mil registration and today I received software version 07/2020.48. I do not know if it was coincidental or not but I now have Android Auto confirmed working with a Samsung S20. I think it's also worth sharing that I tried to upload my VIN into both the US and DE version of Connected Drive and it would never accept my VIN. At the time of this posting, I have still not uploaded my VIN into either version of the app but it has made zero difference as AA is working anyway. It is definitely possible to get this working in Europe for US Spec BMW's just stay persistent.
Thanks for the update, I need to shoot out a couple of emails it sounds like. My only issue will be if it requires any software updates because the x3 still doesn't have over the air updates even though it's a 2021 and msrp over 60k
Appreciate 1
A6bullet336.00
      11-15-2020, 11:55 PM   #97
vkxkswk_xxxk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
I sent emails to CEO of NA and DE. I complained about all of the US Soldiers that are purchasing vehicles and none of the apps working. I got an email awhile back that said thank you for bringing this to our attention. something like we are working on a solution. I know I was the first now you might be the second or part of the testing group. I worked with Connected DE for 2 months so hopefully they finally got everything working for all.
Can I get this email?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 02:04 PM   #98
TomCat6065
Gear Head
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X2 M35i, 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_xxxk View Post
Quote:
I sent emails to CEO of NA and DE. I complained about all of the US Soldiers that are purchasing vehicles and none of the apps working. I got an email awhile back that said thank you for bringing this to our attention. something like we are working on a solution. I know I was the first now you might be the second or part of the testing group. I worked with Connected DE for 2 months so hopefully they finally got everything working for all.
Can I get this email?
Same here...I'd love to be in on this. There are a huge number of US members here that purchase new BMWs. I've had my X5 going on a month. The no apps, no connectivity, thing is ridiculous.
2021 X5 M50i, Carbon Black, Ext Coffee Merino interior, 21" Y Spoke wheels, Matte Poplar woodgrain trim. Adaptive M-Susp, DHP, Exec Package, Park Assist Plus, Driving Assist Pro, Traffic Jam Assist, Heated/Ventilated seats/armrests, Alacantara headliner, Increased speed limiter.
My wife drives a 2020 X2 M35i.
Appreciate 2
      11-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #99
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Awesome man I happy that we could get others working. Its funny I still show Euler and Bavarian guys and there like not possible then they see it work and minds blown.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 12:42 AM   #100
vkxkswk_xxxk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
how did the get the software? over the air update?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 12:46 PM   #101
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

OTA

I just got over the Air Update for the latest update. Yall should check this week. I'm in Wiesbaden Germany.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
A6bullet336.00
      11-18-2020, 01:32 PM   #102
TomCat6065
Gear Head
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X2 M35i, 2021 X5 M50i

Did you purchase the vehicle through military sales? How did you get your connect app to accept/recognize your VIN?
2021 X5 M50i, Carbon Black, Ext Coffee Merino interior, 21" Y Spoke wheels, Matte Poplar woodgrain trim. Adaptive M-Susp, DHP, Exec Package, Park Assist Plus, Driving Assist Pro, Traffic Jam Assist, Heated/Ventilated seats/armrests, Alacantara headliner, Increased speed limiter.
My wife drives a 2020 X2 M35i.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 03:07 PM   #103
mcd004
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i

I've have tried to send emails to both BMW DE and BMW NA connected drive teams to register my vehicle but no luck so far. BMW DE told me their usual not so true reply of "US spec vehicles won"t work here due to higher frequencies" while BMW NA told me that "I need to first have my vehicle status changed from Military to Retail. Only then I should be able to add my vehicle to my CD account.", not sure what to do or what they mean by that. I'm really lost here, any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 06:25 PM   #104
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCat6065 View Post
Did you purchase the vehicle through military sales? How did you get your connect app to accept/recognize your VIN?
Way too much to write again just read through the thread. Attachments on page 2
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 06:27 PM   #105
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd004 View Post
I've have tried to send emails to both BMW DE and BMW NA connected drive teams to register my vehicle but no luck so far. BMW DE told me their usual not so true reply of "US spec vehicles won"t work here due to higher frequencies" while BMW NA told me that "I need to first have my vehicle status changed from Military to Retail. Only then I should be able to add my vehicle to my CD account.", not sure what to do or what they mean by that. I'm really lost here, any suggestions?
Did you send bmw connected the paper on page 2. Did you go on the app or website and try to register the vin. Did you login with connected drive on the vehicle. So many factors its not just going to work that easily. Best is to read through the thread again.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 09:19 AM   #106
mcd004
Rep

Quote:
Did you send bmw connected the paper on page 2. Did you go on the app or website and try to register the vin. Did you login with connected drive on the vehicle. So many factors its not just going to work that easily. Best is to read through the thread again.
Yeah, I sent them all the documents (BMW Formular Legitimation & USAREUR Veh reg per page 2 to BMW DE and also the Veh registration plus another proof of ownership to BMW NA), tried registering the VIN on both the app and on the website (I keep getting "The vehicle cannot be registered to your account"), and carefully read the thread multiple times but unfortunately it has not worked for me. Definitely happpy for others who got it working! Just wished I could get mine working too. Did you had to sent BMW NA the warranty validation form in order to be able to register your VIN on connected drive? I think someone else mentioned it and come to think of it that's the only thing I have not done yet.

BTW congrats on getting the OTA update!

Last edited by mcd004; 11-20-2020 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 10:51 AM   #107
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So I'm working with BMW connected drive to figure out android auto now. New issue i have 07/2020.54 update which has android auto. I had bmw connected drive check which packages they see and they don't see Package 6C4 which is connected drive pro.. this was standard on all 2019+ vehicles. This gives carplay and android auto, real-time traffic and much more.

I had connected drive submitted a trouble ticket to figure out why its not showing on there system but shows on my build and vehicles purchase order and its standard.

BMW Assist Ticket # : 2020112152000224

Hopefully this gets fixed. I would also recommend anyone else with m50i that has connected drive working with update 07/2020.54 check to see what connected drive shows in their system. If they don't see it then have them submit a ticket like mine. This might be a bigger issue they don't know about.

Its strange because everything works except android auto. I have carplay, real-time traffic,weather,remote services and more. All these are part of 6C4.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
A6bullet336.00
      11-21-2020, 11:37 AM   #108
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd004 View Post
Yeah, I sent them all the documents (BMW Formular Legitimation & USAREUR Veh reg per page 2 to BMW DE and also the Veh registration plus another proof of ownership to BMW NA), tried registering the VIN on both the app and on the website (I keep getting "The vehicle cannot be registered to your account"), and carefully read the thread multiple times but unfortunately it has not worked for me. Definitely happpy for others who got it working! Just wished I could get mine working too. Did you had to sent BMW NA the warranty validation form in order to be able to register your VIN on connected drive? I think someone else mentioned it and come to think of it that's the only thing I have not done yet.

BTW congrats on getting the OTA update!
You should have just needed to submit paper work to .de they will then add it to thier system and it should have let you register on .com

Have you tried again to register to connected drive.com not de?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 03:18 PM   #109
mcd004
Rep

Quote:
You should have just needed to submit paper work to .de they will then add it to thier system and it should have let you register on .com

Have you tried again to register to connected drive.com not de?
I just tried to register again on connecteddrive.com but no luck, it won't accept the VIN. I will try sending the documents to .de again and call them, hopefully it works this time.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 05:42 PM   #110
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Also make sure you send a picture of your Vehicle Registration from USAREUR

Write email in German and in English

Send email to bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.de

Hallo, ich möchte mein angeschlossenes Laufwerk registrieren. Ich habe die angeforderten Formulare beigefügt

Danke dir,

English

Hello I would like to register my connected drive. I have attached the requested forms.

Thank you,
Appreciate 0