BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-05-2020, 12:43 PM   #45
mattchew 2020
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50I

I like them. Not sure I like them with the side stripe though. Kind of feels like one or the other.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 06:10 PM   #46
UltraDave
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

So did you ever install the new exhaust tips after the first fail? Did you get a different size? Would you say now that clap on tips won’t stay?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 06:14 PM   #47
UltraDave
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

Also after looking at the exhaust system measurements on bimmercat the main pipe uses 75mm clamps which is 2.95 inches, so maybe the actual pipe sizes are 1/4 smaller.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 08:51 PM   #48
tvasica
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 M50D

The car look nice
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 11:45 AM   #49
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
good build and great source of knowledge in preparation to possible future G05.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 12:06 PM   #50
tvasica
Private First Class
Rep

Iam very thinking about Larte design or Ferz design tuning for X5.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 03:53 AM   #51
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraDave View Post
So did you ever install the new exhaust tips after the first fail? Did you get a different size? Would you say now that clap on tips won’t stay?
I ordered them almost 2 MONTHS ago. They were shipped a couple weeks later.... and the last status I have is somewhere in Shanghai. Uggghhh.

Supposedly, they are on the way..... God only knows when they will arrive though.

Nevertheless, I am EXTREMELY confident they will fit properly, because I did the measurements myself, and I've actually been up under the car with the panels removed, to see what the job entails. The first set I ordered before I even had the car, based on someone else's measurements.

Nevertheless, until I "actually" get them fitted, I'm not going to share, because I don't want someone else to waste their money if I'm wrong.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 03:57 AM   #52
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvasica View Post
BR Performance in Belgium just posted on FB today..... that they are re-opening under strict covid measures...... but they are opening.

I need to do an oil change in my driveway.... I have everything I need..... buy then I'm going to make an appointment with them to get the car dynotuned. They've already done one M50i... and were able to successfully get 680hp.

I'm excited about it. Will definitely post up when I get it done.

https://www.br-performance.be/en-be/chiptuning/1-cars/5-bmw/663-x5/10178-g05-10-2018/11151-xdrive-m50i
Appreciate 1
bhe104.50
      05-07-2020, 06:45 AM   #53
tvasica
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Quote:
BR Performance in Belgium just posted on FB today..... that they are re-opening under strict covid measures...... but they are opening.

I need to do an oil change in my driveway.... I have everything I need..... buy then I'm going to make an appointment with them to get the car dynotuned. They've already done one M50i... and were able to successfully get 680hp.

I'm excited about it. Will definitely post up when I get it done.

https://www.br-performance.be/en-be/chiptuning/1-cars/5-bmw/663-x5/10178-g05-10-2018/11151-xdrive-m50i
I will have 50D. Iam now waiting for it. Iam not thinking about tune power. Only outside. Iam thinking between carbon and high gloss
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 06:28 AM   #54
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Sooooo..... I'm feeling pretty lucky today. One of the things I hate about my car is the way the trailer hitch "stands out" so much, totally interrupting the lines of the car. It's an ugly black "hole" behind a white diffuser panel.

Of course.... mperformance (or anyone else) doesn't make a carbon diffuser for a g05 with a trailer hitch. Plus, I don't really like the look of large carbon pieces anyway.

Low and behold..... after a random ebay search..... I come across a brand new OEM gloss black diffuser..... complete with cutouts for a trailer hitch. The price? A whopping $30 plus $30 shipping.... lol.

From Vilnius, Lithuania of all places. Bizarre.

I think it's going to clean up the back.of my car nicely. It'll match the shadowline trim.... the lip spoiler I just installed
... and I think it'll give the rear end a much more aggressive look..... and hide the trailer hitch.... at least a little.

Pics when it arrives and I get it installed
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 09:50 AM   #55
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
I really liked having these grill inserts on my 2016 340i.

I'm not so sure on the X5. I'm going to give it a day or two and see how I feel about it.

These might be going in the garbage...... not sure yet.
Sorry bud but get them in the garbage and set the bin on fire! They ruin EVERY BMW and you have a mighty fine looking car that doe not need them.
Appreciate 1
Alan l.5341.00
      05-15-2020, 06:33 AM   #56
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
Sorry bud but get them in the garbage and set the bin on fire! They ruin EVERY BMW and you have a mighty fine looking car that doe not need them.
Lol...... thank you for your honest and gracefully-worded advice... lol

"Set the bin on fire"??? Lmao

I dunno...... maybe. They are kinda growing on me.... but I also kinda ask myself daily "do I look like a douche?" too. You're probably right..... sticking a $10 set of plastic doo-hickeys on the front of a near 6-figure car isn't something I would advise anyone else to do..... not sure why I did it.

I liked them on my 340..... still not sure about this one though.

I'll probably take your advice..... soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 03:05 AM   #57
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Lol...... thank you for your honest and gracefully-worded advice... lol

"Set the bin on fire"??? Lmao

I dunno...... maybe. They are kinda growing on me.... but I also kinda ask myself daily "do I look like a douche?" too. You're probably right..... sticking a $10 set of plastic doo-hickeys on the front of a near 6-figure car isn't something I would advise anyone else to do..... not sure why I did it.

I liked them on my 340..... still not sure about this one though.

I'll probably take your advice..... soon.
Lol sorry bro grill stripes are just one of my pet hates. You never see them on OEM M cars so don't really see the point as it's like trying to make your car something it isn't. Your car is absolutely stunning especially with the other mods you've done.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 05:36 AM   #58
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Quote:
Lol sorry bro grill stripes are just one of my pet hates. You never see them on OEM M cars so don't really see the point as it's like trying to make your car something it isn't. Your car is absolutely stunning especially with the other mods you've done.
I get it..... my pet peave are fake M badges.... particularly on the right rear trunk. I see it ALL THE TIME here in Europe. So much in fact, that I've actually considered removing my "real" M badge... just because most people will assume it's fake, because most others are.

I'm hoping that my updates to the rear end will add a much more aggressive appearance. The black diffuser, and quad pipes.... I think... will be a welcome upgrade. Just waiting on the mail. Ugggh.

Still haven't removed the grill inserts yet.... it's probably coming soon though.
Appreciate 1
Unit218.50
      05-18-2020, 09:28 AM   #59
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I get it..... my pet peave are fake M badges.... particularly on the right rear trunk. I see it ALL THE TIME here in Europe. So much in fact, that I've actually considered removing my "real" M badge... just because most people will assume it's fake, because most others are.

I'm hoping that my updates to the rear end will add a much more aggressive appearance. The black diffuser, and quad pipes.... I think... will be a welcome upgrade. Just waiting on the mail. Ugggh.

Still haven't removed the grill inserts yet.... it's probably coming soon though.
Yeah when I'm finally allowed to collect my M50i I'm probably going to do the diffuser. I'm also considering having the top of the boot spoiler painted gloss black too but undecided as of yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 10:58 AM   #60
tvasica
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah when I'm finally allowed to collect my M50i I'm probably going to do the diffuser. I'm also considering having the top of the boot spoiler painted gloss black too but undecided as of yet.
What about top roof spoiler? Have you got some brand?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 01:33 AM   #61
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Quote:
No... I don't like the look of them. Looks too "body kit" to me. Just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 01:36 AM   #62
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Quote:
No... I don't like the look of them. Looks too "body kit" to me. Just my opinion.

I did however..... Order tires and TPMs last night. 335/25/22 rear, and 295/30/22 front. I havent even bought the wheels yet, but I figured it would be smart to buy everythinh I needed in "sections".

Going with a 22x12 on the rear, and a 22x10.5 on the front. My #1 choice is the Vossen HF-2..... but we'll see.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 09:37 AM   #63
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yup agree with the OP I'm not a fan of the after market boot spoilers currently available. I'll just be getting the stock boot spoiler painted gloss black to match the sides.

I did consider the X5M spoiler (if it would fit) but then realised it would make me a massive hypocrit as I hate it when I see 4 series with the same MP spoiler that I have on my M4.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 12:24 PM   #64
tvasica
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yup agree with the OP I'm not a fan of the after market boot spoilers currently available. I'll just be getting the stock boot spoiler painted gloss black to match the sides.

I did consider the X5M spoiler (if it would fit) but then realised it would make me a massive hypocrit as I hate it when I see 4 series with the same MP spoiler that I have on my M4.
Iam thinking about X5M roof spoiler too but I do not know if will be fit. Iam thinking about Larte design front spliter and rear diffusor
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 06:19 AM   #65
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Iam thinking about X5M roof spoiler too but I do not know if will be fit. Iam thinking about Larte design front spliter and rear diffusor
TBH I reached the conclusion that it's just a bit :"try hard" and attempting to make it something that it isn't re: the X5M spoiler.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 07:10 AM   #66
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Well...... in a miserable attempt to see if BMW used the same filters in the M50i as they do in the M550i.... I learned...... they don't. Gotta send the K&Ns back..... still waiting for K&N to make one for my car I guess.

But...... time was not wasted. Removed those silly charcoal filters in the top side of the airboxes. Not sure if those are a "noise device" or what...... but I do know that be removing them, I literally freed up HALF the airflow.

And.... I found this FLIMSY plastic line that was EASILY rattling against the chassis brace. A little padded tape, a zip tie, some preventative maintenance, and piece of mind.

That's "sorta" a mod...... right?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0