BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-16-2020, 09:22 AM   #23
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

for those of you who do not know, you can lock in programing with BMWFS with your dealer.

this lock is 60 days for east coast dealers and 90 days for west coast dealers. What this means is once you lock in you have 2 months or 3 months to chose from. You must take delivery within the locked time in order to take adavantage of this and you can not combine months programing.

example. Lock in with dealer on 9-7-2020. You take delivery on 11-7-2020 you are able to pick which months incentives/rates work best for you within in that window. This is recommended

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2020, 10:15 AM   #24
m3_08
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 conv, IX M60, model Y

ordered 45e Sept 7. Got production # next day. Scheduled for production for Oct 5th week. I guess too many orders and / or lack of some parts (merino leather? glass control ? who knows?)
I'm not in a hurry so it fits.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-16-2020, 10:36 AM   #25
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_08 View Post
ordered 45e Sept 7. Got production # next day. Scheduled for production for Oct 5th week. I guess too many orders and / or lack of some parts (merino leather? glass control ? who knows?)
I'm not in a hurry so it fits.
thats when the dealer has allocation/build slot for. There was some back up with merino leather and other parts also but seems to be in and out. I was in the same boat on my own car with the merino but then oddly the next day it started so not sure what is going on. Also build dates can change, you may get going earlier also its not set in stone . build weeks are estimated start of production

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 10:47 AM   #26
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocad View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but right now, incentives on a '21 40i are $2500 financing credit and 1.9%. If you finance through a bank, you'll lose the $2500 and I can't imagine a bank being much lower than 1.9%. The cash may even be higher on an M50i, I didn't check.

A cool tip I learned from this forum, if you go to the BMW corporate site and click 'apply for financing', select the option that you are not an existing BMW Financial customer, then the first part will ask you about the vehicle you are financing and give you the exact offer details. You don't need to enter any personal information to get that far into the process then you can just cancel out.
Incentives are regional so it depends on where you are purchasing/leasing from. The amounts can vary as well as the conditions. Last year n some models they were giving the cash whether you financed or not.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 10:53 AM   #27
TxPres8th
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
for those of you who do not know, you can lock in programing with BMWFS with your dealer.

this lock is 60 days for east coast dealers and 90 days for west coast dealers. What this means is once you lock in you have 2 months or 3 months to chose from. You must take delivery within the locked time in order to take adavantage of this and you can not combine months programing.

example. Lock in with dealer on 9-7-2020. You take delivery on 11-7-2020 you are able to pick which months incentives/rates work best for you within in that window. This is recommended
When do you think we may see incentives on the 2021 X5 (non PHEV) models? I'm shopping a 2021 xdrive40i X5 build. I know the target % off MSRP I'm willing to pull the trigger on but would definitely like to see some incentives - especially with BMWFS since a portion will be financed. I've been ready to go since May right about the time allocations were drying up and features started to become unavailable on the 2020. This wait is no fun.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-16-2020, 10:56 AM   #28
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxPres8th View Post
When do you think we may see incentives on the 2021 X5 (non PHEV) models? I'm shopping a 2021 xdrive40i X5 build. I know the target % off MSRP I'm willing to pull the trigger on but would definitely like to see some incentives - especially with BMWFS since a portion will be financed. I've been ready to go since May right about the time allocations were drying up and features started to become unavailable on the 2020. This wait is no fun.
Based off what I saw a few memebers post today there may be some in various regions right now. I am not sure, I have Jimmy Miller checking this morning and getting back to me this morning.

I am HOPING we see some next months programs but currently the demand for x units is super high so BMW may be riding that as long as they can. We will know about october first few days of october. I would recommend you lock in with your dealer whoever that may be so you are covered for the 60 or 90 days (60 east coast dealers 90 west coast dealers) so you can be in the best position if things get better or worst.

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 04:47 PM   #29
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:

I always do this. Quick qns GOLFFRR - since I'm getting old now

I have 2 X5 on order. The order numbers confirmed. Status 111. Not in production yet, hopefully, the end of this month.

but my two leases are not expiring end of Dec. I always picked up new cars in Dec to compare incentives in Nov and Dec.

My current plan is to do the credit app on 11/1. Since I'm on the west coast, that gives me 3 months window till 2/1 - end of Jan'21 to pick up new cars. My question is can I wait till Jan first week to compare Nov, Dec and Jan incentives and pick up which months have the best rates/incentives.

Most probably it will be Dec due to the winter fest. but just confirming that I can compare all 3 months within that 90 days period and pick up the best month available.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-17-2020, 07:09 PM   #30
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infosec View Post

I have 2 X5 on order. The order numbers confirmed. Status 111. Not in production yet, hopefully, the end of this month.

but my two leases are not expiring end of Dec. I always picked up new cars in Dec to compare incentives in Nov and Dec.awesome! sounds like you have a system down

My current plan is to do the credit app on 11/1. Since I'm on the west coast, that gives me 3 months window till 2/1 - end of Jan'21 to pick up new cars. My question is can I wait till Jan first week to compare Nov, Dec and Jan incentives and pick up which months have the best rates/incentives.just remember the lock in is based off the dealer location not the buyer, im assuming you are buying from a west coast dealer. just want to make sure that is clear the lock in starts the last day of the month you lock in. So if you lock in 7th of november you would be good till end of january and if you dont take delivery by then, you would have to re lock again. You can't combine months you would have to pick which one of the locked in period works best for you so yea you get to pick which month you want as long as its in the locked in time frame options

Most probably it will be Dec due to the winter fest. but just confirming that I can compare all 3 months within that 90 days period and pick up the best month available.
see answers up in red hopefully that helps!

Appreciate 1
      09-17-2020, 08:05 PM   #31
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
see answers up in red hopefully that helps!
Thanks for confirming!!

yes west coast dealer.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-18-2020, 12:37 PM   #32
Amers
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW xDrive40i

2021 x5 new build advise

Newbie here, getting ready to order 2021 x5 xDrive40i. Need some advise on my X5 build and on the MSRP I should pay based on this build. Online build price comes in at $78,650. I have seen a lot of figures on the forum of anywhere from 3% to 13.5% off MSRP before dealer offers or incentives. This is such a big gap and those figures were stated for 2020 models, can I expect the same for 2021 builds? Also, what incentives are out for September? Any info, advise, build changes and suggestions welcome!

2021 X5 xDrive40i
M Sport
Alpine White
20" M Star-spoke bi-color wheels, style 740M with all-season run-flat tires
Tartufo Extended Merino Leather with Fineline Stripe Brown High Gloss Wood Trim
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Executive Package
Luxury Seating Package
Parking Assistance Package
3rd row seat + air suspension
Front and Rear Heated Seats
Heated Front Seats, Armrests & Steering Wheel

Last minute I may add the Tow Package but debating on this since it eliminates the trunk kick feature.

All input and suggestions welcome as this is my first BMW build! TIA!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 01:45 PM   #33
mocad
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 xDrive 40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amers View Post
Newbie here, getting ready to order 2021 x5 xDrive40i. ...
I'm not sure in California. In the midwest, it seems easy to get 6% off. Beyond that, you need to get multiple dealers involved and negotiate between them for the best price.

If you want to see the thoughts I went through, my build thread is here. I personally recommend the trailer hitch. My sticker rates it at nearly 1,000 lbs vehicle load capacity. That allows you to tow a significant trailer without going over weight from tongue weight, even after subtracting load for a couple of passengers.

Current: 2023 X5 xDrive 40i (on order)
R.I.P.: 2021 X5 xDrive 40i (18-Jul-2022)
Past: 2008 335xi (fond memories)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 03:27 PM   #34
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infosec View Post

but my two leases are not expiring end of Dec. I always picked up new cars in Dec to compare incentives in Nov and Dec.

My current plan is to do the credit app on 11/1. Since I'm on the west coast, that gives me 3 months window till 2/1 - end of Jan'21 to pick up new cars. My question is can I wait till Jan first week to compare Nov, Dec and Jan incentives and pick up which months have the best rates/incentives.

If your car arrived at the dealer next Month since you already ordered the car, does your dealer allow you to keep the car at dealer until the end of the year? I thought they want to move car from their lot as soon as possible.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 03:54 PM   #35
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

GOLFFRR, do you know if dealer is allowed to markup the BMWFS offered finance rate?
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-18-2020, 05:02 PM   #36
Fx3599
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i F10. 21 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Newbie here, getting ready to order 2021 x5 xDrive40i. Need some advise on my X5 build and on the MSRP I should pay based on this build. Online build price comes in at $78,650. I have seen a lot of figures on the forum of anywhere from 3% to 13.5% off MSRP before dealer offers or incentives. This is such a big gap and those figures were stated for 2020 models, can I expect the same for 2021 builds? Also, what incentives are out for September? Any info, advise, build changes and suggestions welcome!

2021 X5 xDrive40i
M Sport
Alpine White
Executive Package
Luxury Seating Package

Last minute I may add the Tow Package but debating on this since it eliminates the trunk kick feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaflb View Post
Quote:

GOLFFRR, do you know if dealer is allowed to markup the BMWFS offered finance rate?
Quote:

2021 X5 xDrive40i
M Sport
Alpine White
Executive Package
Luxury Seating Package

I am also looking to place an order and take advantage of the finance option. I am being advised there is NO incentives currently like loyalty or finance credit (other than the 1.9 rate). Anyone else seeing th same. Seems i cant get below invoice.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 08:54 PM   #37
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If your car arrived at the dealer next Month since you already ordered the car, does your dealer allow you to keep the car at dealer until the end of the year? I thought they want to move car from their lot as soon as possible.
They have full right to sell the car at MSRP to walk-in customers but then they will lose my trust in them and they will lose a loyal customer forever.

Trust, verbal commitment is a thing..no?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 09:27 PM   #38
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
No FS sets the rates, the dealer can mark up fees and money factor though. MF only applies to lease.

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 09:29 PM   #39
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx3599 View Post
I am also looking to place an order and take advantage of the finance option. I am being advised there is NO incentives currently like loyalty or finance credit (other than the 1.9 rate). Anyone else seeing th same. Seems i cant get below invoice.
no incentives in our region right now (500$ loyalty should be in your region). There is some in some east coast regions Im seeing, lets hope next month we see some also.

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 11:34 AM   #40
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for sharing GOLFFRR.

Does the dealer need to rerun application again in order to get the new rate and incentive while waiting?
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-19-2020, 12:00 PM   #41
mocad
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 xDrive 40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
I'm not sure if GOLFFRR means the rate applied to the leasing calc or financing rate as well. From my experience financing this month, my dealer's finance dept. had mine setup and approved with BMWFS at 2.9% before I came in to sign. The current offer, in my region, was 1.9% plus $2500 incentive. The finance person tried to play dumb like he didn't know the current rate and pull a trick that I had already agreed to 2.9% (of course I had not). When I refused to take the deal, he meandered through the BMW website to read the offer and then setup a new financing deal through BMWFS.

My takeaway was that if the dealer can get you to sign at a rate higher than you qualify for, they get a cut. Just a guess, but otherwise I'd have to believe the dealer (very high volume dealer) does not understand current incentives. That seems unlikely.

Current: 2023 X5 xDrive 40i (on order)
R.I.P.: 2021 X5 xDrive 40i (18-Jul-2022)
Past: 2008 335xi (fond memories)
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-19-2020, 02:37 PM   #42
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocad View Post
My takeaway was that if the dealer can get you to sign at a rate higher than you qualify for, they get a cut.
This is definitely true: dealers can mark up both the financing rate (e.g., 0.9% gets marked up to 1.9%) and the leasing MF (e.g., .00099 -> .00123) as well as add junk fees (e.g., doc fee = $1200, processing fee = $399).

One niche negotiating trick if you're willing to pay cash and find a dealer/salesperson transparent enough about the financing markup fees:

Negotiate down the sale price by financing the minimum amount and then paying off the balance right away. This enables the salesperson to give you a better than normal deal because it's logged with financing, gives the salesperson another sale for their sales numbers, and gets you out of paying higher fee.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-21-2020, 08:51 PM   #43
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
No FS sets the rates, the dealer can mark up fees and money factor though. MF only applies to lease.
My dealer markup the finance rate from 0.9 to 1.9 due to a large discount... I am not sure that is reasonable.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 12:29 AM   #44
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My dealer markup the finance rate from 0.9 to 1.9 due to a large discount... I am not sure that is reasonable.
Tell them "you are fired" or "I'm dumping you guys" or "GFU" and "I'm going to next dealer who is ready to make honest deal at base MF/rate"

List attached, pick and choose.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW Dealer Addresses.pdf (19.7 KB, 106 views)
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00