BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-02-2020, 08:06 PM   #1
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTI

Finance incentive

I know that the finance incentives are local but was wondering if November incentive is historically always better than October. Need to decide if I should lock the current incentive for October (if November's incentive is better, the credit hard pull for October will be wasted) or wait for November.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 08:07 PM   #2
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep

By the way, the current October incentive is 0.9% plus $2500 credit for Bay Area, CA
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 09:05 PM   #3
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Unless something is different with the finance incentive there should be no need to lock any specific month in. Just fill out the credit app and you can get best month of incentives for 90 days in your case since you are in CA.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 10:39 PM   #4
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Unless something is different with the finance incentive there should be no need to lock any specific month in. Just fill out the credit app and you can get best month of incentives for 90 days in your case since you are in CA.
The sales told me that I have to resubmit credit app if I want to lock the incentive from October (I have locked the one from September which is much worse than October).
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 08:58 AM   #5
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Hopefully others chime in, especially the CA's on her since I didn't think that was the case.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 02:22 PM   #6
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep

By the way, how would you guys know the program are locked? I applied and can a credit inquery from credit report but never received anything mentioned the terms like when the lock expires and etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 08:50 PM   #7
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaflb View Post
By the way, how would you guys know the program are locked? I applied and can a credit inquery from credit report but never received anything mentioned the terms like when the lock expires and etc.
it's between you and the dealer - who's your dealer? It's one reason why I'm willing to pay more on the car price for an SA who knows WTF is going on and is pro-active. In the bay area there are WAAAAaayyyy too many ding-dongs. I have dealerships negotiating with themselves on my email - like as in different people from the same dealership giving me different numbers and (wrong) information without me even replying to them. Gotta be careful not to get a ding-dong.

EDIT: where are you seeing the $2500 bay area credit BTW? Found it!

Last edited by GrussGott; 10-08-2020 at 08:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 09:22 PM   #8
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

west coast is 90 days. If you locked in and they ran your credit in sept you are covered for sept, oct, and november. You just have to take delivery in that time frame. If you do take delivery in that time frame say november then you can select sept, oct, or november which ever one works best for you. If you dont get the car by end of november you will have to re lock (credit app) in december and you will start all over with 90 days and the previous 90 days are gone.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
zaflb18.00
      10-08-2020, 09:33 PM   #9
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
west coast is 90 days. If you locked in and they ran your credit in sept you are covered for sept, oct, and november. You just have to take delivery in that time frame. If you do take delivery in that time frame say november then you can select sept, oct, or november which ever one works best for you. If you dont get the car by end of november you will have to re lock (credit app) in december and you will start all over with 90 days and the previous 90 days are gone.
Thanks GOLFFRR but this is different from what CA told me. What he said is that if I want to apply the incentive from October, I would have to rerun the application which is BS but I am not sure if different dealer could implement this "lock" differently...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 09:52 PM   #10
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks GOLFFRR but this is different from what CA told me. What he said is that if I want to apply the incentive from October, I would have to rerun the application which is BS but I am not sure if different dealer could implement this "lock" differently...
And as multiple people have said or alluded to, your CA is incorrect. The rules are set by BMWFS not the dealers.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      10-08-2020, 10:23 PM   #11
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
And as multiple people have said or alluded to, your CA is incorrect. The rules are set by BMWFS not the dealers.
So should I correct my CA by showing some official documents from BMWFS or just expect that things will work as people described at the end of the day?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 10:41 PM   #12
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So should I correct my CA by showing some official documents from BMWFS or just expect that things will work as people described at the end of the day?
You should get a new dealer or SA - once it's proven your SA is a dipshit, it'll only go downhill from there (and you can bet your paperwork on the final deal will be a disaster).

If your time is valuable, and you don't want to spend a week getting the final paperwork right - and you don't want signing day surprises - get a new SA asap.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 12:55 AM   #13
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
You should get a new dealer or SA - once it's proven your SA is a dipshit, it'll only go downhill from there (and you can bet your paperwork on the final deal will be a disaster).

If your time is valuable, and you don't want to spend a week getting the final paperwork right - and you don't want signing day surprises - get a new SA asap.
How can I change the SA? Please forgive me if the question sounds dumb as this is the first that I order a car.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 02:20 AM   #14
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
How can I change the SA? Please forgive me if the question sounds dumb as this is the first that I order a car.
Insist on a new SA at the dealership who isn't a dipshit (won't make you popular there tho) or cancel your order and start a new order with another dealer. Any deposit must be refunded. Reach out to dealers via email and ask for a production week around your existing one - there are still plenty of dealers with good dates. You can try steve thomas or Jon Shafer at santa maria and many others
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10722.50
      10-09-2020, 03:44 AM   #15
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
Insist on a new SA at the dealership who isn't a dipshit (won't make you popular there tho) or cancel your order and start a new order with another dealer. Any deposit must be refunded. Reach out to dealers via email and ask for a production week around your existing one - there are still plenty of dealers with good dates. You can try steve thomas or Jon Shafer at santa maria and many others
Fkk'' told him the same thing last week. He is still stuck there. Go to the new dealer. Save yourself some brain injury. How many dealers are in the US again?

Last edited by leasehackr; 10-09-2020 at 03:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      10-09-2020, 05:59 AM   #16
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Insist on a new SA at the dealership
Aren't SA's - Service Advisors (maintenance) and CA's - Client Advisors (sales)? Maybe it is different at different dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 06:02 AM   #17
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
No need to show him anything, just tell him from your research it looks like the credit app you did will give you the options of the incentives for up to three months while you are waiting. Ask him to verify that with his sales and finance managers.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 08:30 AM   #18
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
what I posted is how it works. been this way for as long as time. The only way this wouldnt work is if you never did get confirmed you locked in. Then that would be on the sales rep, you always need to confirm with them they received your lock in when you locked in. Dont take word for it, takes only moments to lock in and confirm whether you do it online or in person.

if you are not confident in your CA maybe try another store, thats the beauty of BMW you can buy from ANY dealership in the US, lots of options. Dont settle for just one if you dont have to.

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 08:32 AM   #19
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Aren't SA's - Service Advisors (maintenance) and CA's - Client Advisors (sales)? Maybe it is different at different dealerships.
CA - Client Advisor

SA - Service advisor or Sales Adviser

lol confusing, but yea I think its a regional thing based on different parts of the country.

Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      10-09-2020, 04:29 PM   #20
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
lol confusing, but yea I think its a regional thing based on different parts of the country.
There are other words and acronyms for them too ...
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10722.50
      10-09-2020, 04:35 PM   #21
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
what I posted is how it works. been this way for as long as time. The only way this wouldnt work is if you never did get confirmed you locked in. Then that would be on the sales rep, you always need to confirm with them they received your lock in when you locked in. Dont take word for it, takes only moments to lock in and confirm whether you do it online or in person.

if you are not confident in your CA maybe try another store, thats the beauty of BMW you can buy from ANY dealership in the US, lots of options. Dont settle for just one if you dont have to.
I have email from CA confirmed that it was locked for 90 days with rate 1.9% but I never see any letter from BMWFS mentioned anything.
What is the right process if I want to add spouse to the loan/lock? Can we still keep the lock from the initial application and just add spouse or do we have to start the new finance application again by me and spouse?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 04:38 PM   #22
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The car just went to production today and I hope to get the car next Month. If there is a way not to mess up the relationship with the dealership or my order (don't want to reorder the car and wait longer), I might give it a try.
Appreciate 0