BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-14-2020, 04:44 PM   #23
jayo
Private
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Hi Martin,

Im still trying to figure the impact of the budget, but it would seem that the lost rebates may be offset by the new lower rates of VRT.

Im still not sure if this applies to PHEVs, but it seems that for high priced EVs you will save money because the reduced VRT is more than the rebate.

However, cars in and around the 40K mark may actually be worse off.

Anyway, let me know how you get on, I was actually thinking of changing the wife's F15 40D for a new 45e next July, so I am curious how it all pans out

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
Thanks Jason,

Looks like the full rebates worth 7500 Euros will no longer apply after 2020 for cars above 40k price. if BMW fails to deliver and register our car before end of year, I be looking for a reduction on the price by the amount lost thanks to the delays or simply walk away.

Del.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 12:03 PM   #24
45e X5
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo View Post
Hi Martin,

Im still trying to figure the impact of the budget, but it would seem that the lost rebates may be offset by the new lower rates of VRT.

Im still not sure if this applies to PHEVs, but it seems that for high priced EVs you will save money because the reduced VRT is more than the rebate.

However, cars in and around the 40K mark may actually be worse off.

Anyway, let me know how you get on, I was actually thinking of changing the wife's F15 40D for a new 45e next July, so I am curious how it all pans out
The New VRT Rates will actually make the car cheaper in Ireland in 2021. By a couple of k even after all the rebates of €7,500 are gone.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 01:13 PM   #25
jayo
Private
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Thats great news - I was thinking I might change the wife's 2016 F15 X5 40D next year

The first time that she drove mine she said that getting back into her's was like driving a banger!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45e X5 View Post
The New VRT Rates will actually make the car cheaper in Ireland in 2021. By a couple of k even after all the rebates of €7,500 are gone.
Appreciate 1
volodp193.50
      10-29-2020, 01:30 PM   #26
45e X5
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo View Post
Thats great news - I was thinking I might change the wife's 2016 F15 X5 40D next year

The first time that she drove mine she said that getting back into her's was like driving a banger!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45e X5 View Post
Ye I was delighted with that didn't know which way it would go. Hopefully now Car comes in early Jan
Appreciate 1
jayo36.00