10-23-2020, 02:14 AM   #1
hcastudillo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i M-Sport 3rd

07/2020.45 with NO Android Auto

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone else have a 2019 US spec 40i with software version 07/2020.45 and does not have Android Auto installed? It doesn't even show up as an option.

My service manager states that it's not available yet. I'm pretty sure I've seen several members here that I believe have US spec cars with this software and have it working so I'm wondering why my 40i doesn't.

I'm just curious to see if anyone is going through the same thing.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 05:47 AM   #2
TJ_BMW
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 30d/BMW M5 F90 Comp

Garage List
Supposedly you might need to give it some time to be 'pushed' to your car. It might take a week or two.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 08:51 AM   #3
hcastudillo
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_BMW View Post
Supposedly you might need to give it some time to be 'pushed' to your car. It might take a week or two.
I wish that were the case but it's been close to 2 months now since Idrive was updated. I've updated apps many times as well and even deleted my profile and reset everything to factory settings and started from scratch and still nothing. Thanks for replying!
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 09:21 AM   #4
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

My guess is the BMW backend doesn't think your car is eligbile for AA. Reasons can include wrong region, model, istep version, subscription.

At the minimum I'd be asking them to do a complete dealer connected ISTA vehicle test. That should draw out any issues in the operations report. At the same time it will update BMW's backend with your car's FASTA data, if for some reason it failed when you were upgraded to 07/2020. If the backend doesn't know you're on 07/2020 it wont make AA available.

Software update in idrive wont help with this unfortunately. The only other thing I can think of is if the backend still thinks you have limited CD services due to your stint abroad.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 11:18 AM   #5
hcastudillo
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
My guess is the BMW backend doesn't think your car is eligbile for AA. Reasons can include wrong region, model, istep version, subscription.

At the minimum I'd be asking them to do a complete dealer connected ISTA vehicle test. That should draw out any issues in the operations report. At the same time it will update BMW's backend with your car's FASTA data, if for some reason it failed when you were upgraded to 07/2020. If the backend doesn't know you're on 07/2020 it wont make AA available.

Software update in idrive wont help with this unfortunately. The only other thing I can think of is if the backend still thinks you have limited CD services due to your stint abroad.
Thanks ifr! I'll speak with my service manager and request the complete ISTA vehicle test. Appreciate the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 04:32 PM   #6
jole996
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

Did you get this sorted out?

Got the same issue. After OTA 07/2020.54, my phone (Galaxy S10) on each car start starts "Looking for Android Auto..." but nothing. Menu item not there. Phone did not do this before this OTA.
Definitely sees it is there in the car, but car is not responding, nor giving me the Android Auto in menu.

Another weird thing is before this update, in Store I had the option to buy "CarPlay Preparation", which I never needed (don't use iPhone), but now this option is disabled in store for my car.

Something weird happened with this OTA and I can't figure out what.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 08:59 AM   #7
hcastudillo
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jole996 View Post

Got the same issue. After OTA 07/2020.54, my phone (Galaxy S10) on each car start starts "Looking for Android Auto..." but nothing. Menu item not there. Phone did not do this before this OTA.
Definitely sees it is there in the car, but car is not responding, nor giving me the Android Auto in menu.

Another weird thing is before this update, in Store I had the option to buy "CarPlay Preparation", which I never needed (don't use iPhone), but now this option is disabled in store for my car.

Unfortunately not. I haven't had the time to take it to the dealership. I do believe my issue is region related like ifr mentioned before. I logged into the connected drive site and it shows my car isn't US spec (which it is) but maybe when the dealership in Germany performed the iDrive updates it must've somehow changed the car's region. Now that I'm stateside and they performed the update to 07/2020.45 the BMW backend must've seen that different region code and not made that feature available.

Most likely not your situation but if I get mine working I'll post here the resolution.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 12:34 PM   #8
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jole996 View Post

I don't have apple car play despite it being on my options list (no one seems to be able to figure it out) , and since the recent update my car has been doing the "searching for android auto" action you describe.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 12:53 PM   #9
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
7/2020.45 on spouse's car and AA is active and works. Same with mine, 7/2020.54. US configuration.
Appreciate 0