BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-24-2020, 07:12 PM   #1
PhilH930
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

PCD Delivery / Dealer Signing Questions

PCD scheduled for 3/12, and headed to dealership this Friday 2/28 to sign the paperwork on already agreed upon deal for the build. Slightly earlier signing is due to personal travel plans. Will be ~ half down half financed over 60 mths; no leasing this time. Can anyone assist with the below, and anything else that may be useful

1) Should I start my insurance this Fri 2/28 given money will leave my pocket then, or on collection day?
2) For the half financed, would first payment be ~ one month after 2/28 or one month after collection on 3/12. Doesn't really matter, just curious
3) Anything I can do about potential unforeseen issues (e.g. wrinkles, gaps, etc)? Obviously rolling the dice as I won't see it before signing, but will discuss with the dealer they honor any new items documented on collection,
4) I have the PCD delivery inspection list from other threads - anything else worthy to note on collection day?
Deal for car was already agreed when ordering, now is the time to sign on the dotted lines. Had some questions for thos :
      02-24-2020, 08:05 PM   #2
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilH930 View Post
3) Anything I can do about potential unforeseen issues (e.g. wrinkles, gaps, etc)? Obviously rolling the dice as I won't see it before signing, but will discuss with the dealer they honor any new items documented on collection,
4) I have the PCD delivery inspection list from other threads - anything else worthy to note on collection day?
Deal for car was already agreed when ordering, now is the time to sign on the dotted lines. Had some questions for thos :
it's going to be hard for you to refuse delivery at that point. if you've never done a PCD before, you get sort of overwhelmed being there given that you wake up very early and do skills for 3-4 hours before you take delivery if your new ride. I also went in there with the checklist but I was just overcome and tired/excited so all of that went by the way side (not that the PCD guys wouldnt have been extremely patient to go over everything with me).

I had looked at the options so many times, by the time we got it, I knew right off the bat it had everything it was supposed to have, and I didnt feel like going over the paint/interior with a fine tooth comb to check for imperfections (although I suppose you could). I think you'll have a good time regardless.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 09:05 PM   #3
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
PCD scheduled for 3/12, and headed to dealership this Friday 2/28 to sign the paperwork on already agreed upon deal for the build. Slightly earlier signing is due to personal travel plans. Will be ~ half down half financed over 60 mths; no leasing this time. Can anyone assist with the below, and anything else that may be useful

1) Should I start my insurance this Fri 2/28 given money will leave my pocket then, or on collection day?
Collection day

Quote:
2) For the half financed, would first payment be ~ one month after 2/28 or one month after collection on 3/12. Doesn't really matter, just curious
For lease, I paid first month up front, but for finance assuming it's one month after collection - just ask your dealer when finalizing your purchase.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 09:47 PM   #4
PhilH930
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Thanks guys. In a similar boat also that know the car inside out at this point so will quickly know if something is wrong. They even had an M50i in the showroom this last weekend while my current car had a lease pre-inspection. Bored out of my mind I sat in the M50i and saw every screen in Idrive 7 atleast twice. Could probably navigate it in my sleep now.

Desperately need some warmer weather to forget about the car and work on my amateur golf career.
      02-24-2020, 10:07 PM   #5
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Could probably navigate it in my sleep now.
lol good for you. I've had ours for a week, including the 6 hour drive back from the PCD and i'm still fumbling my way around iDrive.
Appreciate 0