BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #133
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
FIA admitted what happened in Monaco was confusing and created a grey area...

Quote:
The FIA have admitted that rules regarding overtaking behind the Safety Car need to be amended following the final lap confusion in Monaco.

Michael Schumacher was slapped with a 20-second post-race penalty for passing Fernando Alonso shortly after the Safety Car returned to the pits on the final corner.

However, the German and his Mercedes team insist they were not in the wrong as race control messages of 'Track Clear' and the green flags and lights shown by the marshals meant drivers were free to race.

Although the team opted not to appeal against the punishment, they asked the FIA to include article 40.13 on the agenda of the next Sporting Working Group meeting.

The FIA have heeded their request and the matter will be discussed in Geneva next month.

A statement from motor sport's governing body read:'The problems identified during the final lap of the Monaco Grand Prix, counting for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, showed a lack of clarity in the application of the rule prohibiting overtaking behind the Safety Car.

'Adjustments to the regulations are necessary to clarify the procedure that cars must meet when the last lap is controlled by the Safety Car whilst also ensuring that the signaling for teams and drivers is made more clear.

'These adjustments will help to avoid the problem which occurred during the Monaco Grand Prix from happening in the future.

'The Formula One Commission, upon a proposal of the F1 Sporting Working Group will submit an amendment to the Sporting Regulations to address this issue. These amendments will be considered by the World Motor Sport Council at its next meeting in Geneva on June 23.'
http://planetf1.com/news/3213/616391...fter-Schu-Move
      05-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #134
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Fuking crap....and I was so hoping to stay out of this meaningless discussion. But no...leave it to Ramos to say something completely retarded. First of all....there is no evidence that Alonso knew anything about Crash Gate. Second, who the f**k are u...the magical mind reading swami??? Yes...Alonso was plotting all along to bait MSC into an insignificant move to overtake him. Fu**ing brilliant strategy and thinking....you are a true F1 mastermind... Third...Alsonso is easily the most talented driver in the field for at least the past three seasons. Stop hating. I think in the future if you limit your responses to less than 5 words it will help keep you from shoving your foot down your throat.
Hahhaa... That was funny for a change
Let's see 5 words ...

Alonso Big Cheat Hamilton Rules

Happy?
P.S I am not not a child, I just like to stir controversy here... and you guys fall for it every time !!!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #135
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
That's why I didn't bother to reply Ramos...

Another week without F1....
      05-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #136
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Can't wait for Turkey and the amazing turn 8
This season is not as competitive as we all thought it would be...
If it weren't for Vettel's 2 DNF's, Red Bull would have had 5 wins in 6 outings to go with their 6/6 poles.
Hopefully Mclaren can do what they did last year and develop faster than the rest of the field in the back half of the season...
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 02:47 AM   #137
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
I updated my Photobucket w/ some videos from the race:

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/k...20Monaco%20GP/
      05-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #138
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Race Edit video is now available at formula1.com
      05-26-2010, 08:28 AM   #139
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Pictures of Button's McLaren sidepod was blocked by the cover...
Attached Images