BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-12-2020, 11:40 AM   #1
Dr. Jekyll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Clear Bra / PPF Fitment Feedback

For those of you who have had PPF applied to your front end could you please share some feedback with me? First off I'd like to know if you covered the lights and grill? Secondly was the film precut or did they custom wrap it and cut by hand? Lastly were the edge of the PPF cut just shy or the body line or was it wrapped under (behind the panel)?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 08:30 PM   #2
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
For those of you who have had PPF applied to your front end could you please share some feedback with me? First off I'd like to know if you covered the lights and grill? Secondly was the film precut or did they custom wrap it and cut by hand? Lastly were the edge of the PPF cut just shy or the body line or was it wrapped under (behind the panel)?
For me the grill was done but the lights were optional - I passed for fear of ppf damaging laminated Headlights. Couldn't get a definitive answer on the lights so I didn't risk it based on my installer recommendation.

All the pieces were pre cut on huge plotter. The hood piece wraps around the edge, front fenders at the hood tuck down into the hood gap. All other areas the edge of the film stops just shy of the edge of the panel. On my mineral white paint, you could hardly notice. I was pretty happy with the anesthetics.
Appreciate 0