02-27-2020, 10:52 AM   #23
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilH930 View Post
Thanks, that was helpful. Similar to others in that thread, I plan on verifying at PCD and noting to my dealer tomorrow when I sign the paperwork that I would like it updated if not current.
Be aware that 03/2020.24 has just been released.

I'm not 100% it's available globally but I would be asking for that version.

Worst-case they give you 11/2019.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 12:03 PM   #24
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Maybe they’ll send it out remotely!

All I ask is for is Remote Software Upgrade feature to help keep my BMW up-to-date with the latest software. I heard software upgrades can be loaded over-the-air, similar to smartphones. Rumor has it that ugrades can be loaded onto my smartphone via the shitty BMW Connected app when connected to a domestic Wi-Fi network, while important updates are completed directly via my BMW’s embedded cellular connection.

These wishes include:
1. I want my BMW to be upgraded with the latest software at a time when it is convenient to me.
2. I would like individual functional upgrades available via a simple software update.

So people...let me ask you...you want the software in your BMW to be up-to-date, right? The remote software upgrade provides you with this fast, simple and convenient solution.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #25
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilH930 View Post
Thanks, that was helpful. Similar to others in that thread, I plan on verifying at PCD and noting to my dealer tomorrow when I sign the paperwork that I would like it updated if not current.

Interesting. So BMW software is like magazines now — next month's magazine always available this month. I am thinking of celebrating my 2021st year birthday this year to keep up.

I am getting curious to start tracking both the first as well as the last minor version number for each major (03, 07, and 11) release. It tells you a fair bit about how much pre- and inter- release unreleased internal alpha/beta testing occurs.
      02-27-2020, 01:37 PM   #26
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

LexxM3 we are the alpha/beta testers...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 03:32 PM   #27
zmm12345
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x7 and 330i

Quote:

Anyone hear if there are any major updates in it?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 08:43 PM   #28
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

Found this...........blah blah about the 2020 Updates.

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/blog/ite...-do-it-and-how

Look at their "Updating your ConnectedDrive software" section and click where it says BMW's software update link. Upon clicking the site will ask you for the VIN#. Input your VIN to check it but then take a deep breath and sigh when it says the following;

"The software of your BMW will be updated automatically." Duhh.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 04:43 AM   #29
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

You’ve got a better chance of spotting Sasquatch than getting a remote update.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 08:46 AM   #30
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
Quote:
I have noticed that with 11/2019 too. I've tweaked a few things but mine is almost nailed on for self driving in most regular scenarios now.

Reversing assistant will brake but I have aPDC with braking enabled so not sure if that's the reason. I've used it on country lanes a couple of times but never had cause for it to auto brake other than reversing out of the garage when the postman's passing

So what are other changes made by 11/2019.55? I see that Spotify is added to the Media List.....anything else anyone noticed?
So what are other changes made by 11/2019.55? I see that Spotify is added to the Media List.....anything else anyone noticed?

Let's list it up here:

- Spotify added in the media list
- Steering assist and cruise are a bit smoother
- display is a bit crisp specially fonts (is it just me?)
-
      02-28-2020, 05:20 PM   #31
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have noticed that with 11/2019 too. I've tweaked a few things but mine is almost nailed on for self driving in most regular scenarios now.

Reversing assistant will brake but I have aPDC with braking enabled so not sure if that's the reason. I've used it on country lanes a couple of times but never had cause for it to auto brake other than reversing out of the garage when the postman's passing

Let's list it up here:

-
I have 11/2019.41 and have Spotify in the media list, so that's not new for 11/2019.55.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 05:23 PM   #32
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let's list it up here:

-
I have 11/2019.41 and have Spotify in the media list, so that's not new for 11/2019.55.
Interesting. So what's the change in 11/2019.55? Did anyone get an official notification from bmw regarding this update?
      02-28-2020, 05:44 PM   #33
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
So what's the change in 11/2019.55? Did anyone get an official notification from bmw regarding this update?
LOL. Good one. Man, this forum is destined to become a real comedy routine ... oh, you were serious. Ugh, awkward, sorry ...
perikifi165.50
      02-29-2020, 02:36 PM   #34
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Quote:

Let's list it up here:

-
I have 11/2019.34 and spotify is already in the media list.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 01:46 AM   #35
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

I'm on 11/2019.34 and I'm very happy with it. Nothing is "broken" or not working as it should - so I'm actually happy to stay on this release for a while, or even follow the n-1 release approach of OTA - assuming it actually works.

The only thing that would make me update is the availability of a new cool feature or App.

My philosophy .."if in ain't broke, don't fix it"....
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 05:29 AM   #36
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

I’m hoping we get RSU pushed out here soon. We are due for an upgrade, so fingers crossed. I did notice, in the US, the ConnectedDrive porter website is unavailable, and it looks like some of these packages have been streamlined with their graphics updated. Who knows anymore! After that new logo, anything goes!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 08:46 PM   #37
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
I'm on 11/2019.34 and I'm very happy with it. Nothing is "broken" or not working as it should - so I'm actually happy to stay on this release for a while, or even follow the n-1 release approach of OTA - assuming it actually works.

The only thing that would make me update is the availability of a new cool feature or App.

My philosophy .."if in ain't broke, don't fix it"....
Do your welcome/puddle lights turn on when you approach your car? On 7/2019.59 this feature only works if you have the vehicle set to "Unlock" on approach.

If you set the vehicle to only unlock after you touch one of the door handles the welcome/puddle lights don't come on as you approach the vehicle which they should do by design.

The only way the welcome/puddle lights turn on in this setting is if you touch one of the door handles. That's pretty much worthless at that point and time since you're already opening the door.

I'm curious to see if this has been addressed/fixed in any of the updates since 7/2019.59.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 08:58 PM   #38
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Do your welcome/puddle lights turn on when you approach your car? On 7/2019.59 this feature only works if you have the vehicle set to "Unlock" on approach.

If you set the vehicle to only unlock after you touch one of the door handles the welcome/puddle lights don't come on as you approach the vehicle which they should do by design.

The only way the welcome/puddle lights turn on in this setting is if you touch one of the door handles. That's pretty much worthless at that point and time since you're already opening the door.

I'm curious to see if this has been addressed/fixed in any of the updates since 7/2019.59.
The welcome and puddle lights ALWAYS turn on as I approach, and the car usually unlocks before I put my hand on the door handle. Sometimes it doesn't unlock until I touch the handle, but 80-90% of the time it unlocks just before I touch it.

I have the Comfort Access option, and have the "Unlock by approaching" configured as on, but I have "Lock by leaving" disabled, as I like to lock my car with the fob button.

So for me, it behaves as it should
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 01:27 PM   #39
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
The welcome and puddle lights ALWAYS turn on as I approach, and the car usually unlocks before I put my hand on the door handle. Sometimes it doesn't unlock until I touch the handle, but 80-90% of the time it unlocks just before I touch it.

I have the Comfort Access option, and have the "Unlock by approaching" configured as on, but I have "Lock by leaving" disabled, as I like to lock my car with the fob button.

So for me, it behaves as it should
Yes. That's the way it worked for me until I changed it to only "Lock" when walking away from the vehicle.

Would you mind changing your settings to "Lock" when departing but not "Unlock" when approaching? Just as a check to see if your puddle lights still come on when approaching before you touch the handle. That way we can determine if this is still an issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 07:54 PM   #40
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Yes. That's the way it worked for me until I changed it to only "Lock" when walking away from the vehicle.

Would you mind changing your settings to "Lock" when departing but not "Unlock" when approaching? Just as a check to see if your puddle lights still come on when approaching before you touch the handle. That way we can determine if this is still an issue.
OK I'll give it a go for you.

To me, it makes sense that the car's carpet lights wont work, because disabling "Unlock on approach" means the car ignores the proximity of the key fob, and you need to push the unlock button on the fob to both get the lights and unlock the doors.

There is a good reason why I disabled the "Lock on leave" feature. I kept getting the "fault when shutting down the vehicle electronics" error" (see below) when using this feature. To me this message tells me the cars shutdown procedure is failing. The dealer told me its a "battery low charge" warning, but I've since worked out myself this is BS, because I put my car on an advanced automatic charger/analyser, and the battery was close to 90%, and was still getting this error.

I disabled "Lock on leave" and now use the key fob to lock the car, and since doing this I've NEVER received this error message again.
So obviously the "lock on leave" feature has a bug resulting in the cars shutdown procedure failing.

So yes, 11/2019.34 isn't "perfect", but this seems to be the only bug I'm aware of, and it doesn't worry me because I like locking my car with the fob - another excuse to look behind at my car as I walk away !
Attached Images

Last edited by James_G0540i; 03-06-2020 at 08:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 07:28 AM   #41
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

Quote:
OK I'll give it a go for you.

To me, it makes sense that the car's carpet lights wont work, because disabling "Unlock on approach" means the car ignores the proximity of the key fob, and you need to push the unlock button on the fob to both get the lights and unlock the doors.

There is a good reason why I disabled the "Lock on leave" feature. I kept getting the "fault when shutting down the vehicle electronics" error" (see below) when using this feature. To me this message tells me the cars shutdown procedure is failing. The dealer told me its a "battery low charge" warning, but I've since worked out myself this is BS, because I put my car on an advanced automatic charger/analyser, and the battery was close to 90%, and was still getting this error.

I disabled "Lock on leave" and now use the key fob to lock the car, and since doing this I've NEVER received this error message again.
So obviously the "lock on leave" feature has a bug resulting in the cars shutdown procedure failing.

So yes, 11/2019.34 isn't "perfect", but this seems to be the only bug I'm aware of, and it doesn't worry me because I like locking my car with the fob - another excuse to look behind at my car as I walk away !
Must’ve read my mind...I posted a similar question on another thread. I only have lock on leaving enabled, but when I get fuel...the car locks itself over and over every 5 seconds. Turned off unlock when approaching since I looked like a jackass at the gas station with the car constantly beeping. It’s got to be the most poorly implemented “intelligent” access.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 09:15 AM   #42
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
Must’ve read my mind...I posted a similar question on another thread. I only have lock on leaving enabled, but when I get fuel...the car locks itself over and over every 5 seconds. Turned off unlock when approaching since I looked like a jackass at the gas station with the car constantly beeping. It’s got to be the most poorly implemented “intelligent” access.
Where do you keep your keys? ..I assume in your pocket as you walk away.

There's another feature which just locks the doors after a certain amount of time, WITH or WITHOUT the keys in the car, as I found out ...the hard way.

Came home one day from work, got out with the engine running and key fob (and mobile/cell phone) inside, began hosing the car down because of dirty rain that day, and the bloody car locked itself (with engine running and my key fob inside.

I had to go inside and ask the wife for her fob to unlock my car! ...felt like an idiot...

First thing I did after that was disabled autolocking, and lock on leave.
No way to lock myself out now ! lolll

I must admit that was when I was on 07/2019.47, but I'm not trying it on 11/2019.34 - I'm just happy with locking the doors myself.
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2020, 11:01 AM   #43
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

Pocket, but it's just weird how finicky the comfort access lock is. I think the fellas in the other thread have the right idea, and just turn them both off. I cannot stand the beep beep when I get out of the car and walk around it to grab something or fill up for gas. I wanted to take a baseball bat to it yesterday!

It's also hit or miss if it locks when I walk away. Thank goodness for the ConnectedDrive app, which tells me if it is locked or unlocked...only problem, if it is unlocked...good luck locking it through the app ha!
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2020, 07:40 PM   #44
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
Pocket, but it's just weird how finicky the comfort access lock is. I think the fellas in the other thread have the right idea, and just turn them both off. I cannot stand the beep beep when I get out of the car and walk around it to grab something or fill up for gas. I wanted to take a baseball bat to it yesterday!

It's also hit or miss if it locks when I walk away. Thank goodness for the ConnectedDrive app, which tells me if it is locked or unlocked...only problem, if it is unlocked...good luck locking it through the app ha!
Funny you mention that App, mine works, ..eventually....like you can go get a coffee, go get lunch, and if you're lucky it might have worked when you next look....
Appreciate 0