BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-11-2020, 08:54 AM   #23
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Before I purchased my 1st BMW at my dealer, I talked to the sales manager and let them know what I expect in a dealership and services I require. My dealership knows customer service but I wanted them to know it is a major priority to me. They pick up and drop off my vehicles for any service call and would gladly flat bed my vehicles as not to put any miles or road chips.
Even my Ram dealership picks up and drops off my Power Wagon for any service calls. I gave the owner of the Jeep/Ram dealership my same expectations before I purchased. That said, I do buy a lot of new cars so neither wants to lose my business in our small rural community.
I’m not trying to be unreasonable but rather explain to them my time valuable and important to me.

As a token of understanding from my BMW dealership, this was one of my loaner cars when I was ordering my X5 50i M-Sport. I certainly don’t expect a i8 every service call but it better be a 5 series or higher loaner car. (I did end up buying two new BMW’s in 6 months so their customer service is rewarded and proves to be valuable for the dealership)

Last edited by MystroX5; 03-11-2020 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 09:11 AM   #24
dream54ing
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428xi F32- X5 X5 G05 -640i F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Before I purchased my 1st BMW at my dealer, I talked to the sales manager and let them know what I expect in a dealership and services I require. My dealership knows customer service but I wanted them to know it is a major priority to me. They pick up and drop off my vehicles for any service call and would gladly flat bed my vehicles as not to put any miles or road chips.
Even my Ram dealership picks up and drops off my Power Wagon for any service calls. I gave the owner of the Jeep/Ram dealership my same expectations before I purchased. That said, I do buy a lot of new cars so neither wants to lose my business in our small rural community.
I’m not trying to be unreasonable but rather explain to them my time valuable and important to me.

As a token of understanding from my BMW dealership, this was one of my loaner cars when I was ordering my X5 50i M-Sport. I certainly don’t expect a i8 every service call but it better be a 5 series or higher loaner car. (I did end up buying two new BMW’s in 6 months so their customer service is rewarded and proves to be valuable for the dealership)
]
That's so awesome of them! wish ours lend out i8s!! Establishing a relation and expectation is a great idea, but purchasing 2 in 6 months helps.
The best loaner ours had is a M4, but timing is off so never was able to get it. Usually get 5 series or a x5/x3. Although, theres a further away (where i made our order) is open to loan out a X7.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 09:12 AM   #25
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

When the pickup/drop off first began in my area, it was only 2 days a week and certain windows of time, so it just didn't work for me. We used it only once when a sensor went bad and my wife couldn't reliably start the car at the time (X3). We had 2 toddlers and I didn't want her dealing with it at the dealership, so they came out and dropped a loaner and took the car in outside of those normal windows.

I have not really tried that service again since, as I like popping into the dealership that one or two times a year to check out what's new and play with a different car (sometimes the only driving I do in the loaner is home from the dealership and back).

That said, I expect they're more readily available these days and assume it's a really useful service for many.
Appreciate 0