BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-23-2024, 09:11 PM   #1
DMVx5
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

CarPlay GPS Location Issue

Hi all,

We just bought a 2024 X5 x40i. I've been having issues when using Waze or Google Maps via CarPlay. I currently have an iPhone 15 Pro (iOS version 17.4.1).

It seems that half the time i connect to CarPlay, my location is way off. Sometimes it has me over a quarter mile away from where i actually am, and therefore Waze or Google Maps is constantly rerouting me. When i turn disconnect my phone from CarPlay, Waze works just fine on my phone and the BMW GPS is correct. But when i reconnect, it goes haywire again.

What's strange is that there are times when it works perfectly. I've read on Apple forums people having similar issues in different cars but wanted to see what people's experiences are here. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems and do you guys think it's a x5 problem or is it an iPhone problem?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 11:42 PM   #2
DonKeedic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive45e

iPhones are for wankers.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 07:18 AM   #3
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

^That's some useless advice.

Are you connecting wireless I assume or wired? Have you tried turning off the phone competely and restarting it? Most of the time, and rarely do we turn our phones off, but I find when I am having an issue connecting that restarting the phone works. You can also try to delete and add the phone back in.
Appreciate 0