FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I've been perpetually interested in the Hellcat so calling dibs before one of the parasites like MK gets here!

(Joking).

All good?
Bank owns it so as long as you want to make the $679 lease payments till next June.

I'm stressed the hell out. Can't catch a break
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      02-25-2020, 10:07 AM   #52164
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Bank owns it so as long as you want to make the $679 lease payments till next June.
Provided you would accept $679 CAD (our play money), I'd consider it. But in USD, nope. Already paying $930/month for the S6.

Quote:
Yeah, I've been there. Not often, but I've been there. Once so much I felt physically sick just getting out of bed in the morning knowing I had to go to work. But it was a bad engagement all round, the two partners didn't like each other and I was whipping boy in the middle.

Sucks dude, not much I can say, you put in the time or you move. I finished the engagement and then I resigned from the firm because I was just done. Didn't even have another job to go to, was planning on two or three months break while my wife worked (lol), but an opportunity came up within a month that I couldn't turn down.

Keep plugging.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      02-25-2020, 10:19 AM   #52165
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:

What's up? Job stuff?
      02-25-2020, 10:24 AM   #52166
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Provided you would accept $679 CAD (our play money), I'd consider it. But in USD, nope. Already paying $930/month for the S6.

Yeah, I've been there. Not often, but I've been there. Once so much I felt physically sick just getting out of bed in the morning knowing I had to go to work. But it was a bad engagement all round, the two partners didn't like each other and I was whipping boy in the middle.

Sucks dude, not much I can say, you put in the time or you move. I finished the engagement and then I resigned from the firm because I was just done. Didn't even have another job to go to, was planning on two or three months break while my wife worked (lol), but an opportunity came up within a month that I couldn't turn down.

Keep plugging.
I wish the only problem was this job that doesn't pay anything with a company run by idiots. Much more shit on my plate right now & shit seems to only be piling on, not coming off.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2020, 10:28 AM   #52167
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I wish the only problem was this job that doesn't pay anything with a company run by idiots. Much more shit on my plate right now & shit seems to only be piling on, not coming off.
Ah, crap, sounds like mostly personal component, that's tougher. You need someone to hash it out with you can always PM me. Sometimes writing stuff out has a clarifying effect on things in terms of how to tackle / approach and what you need to do.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
      02-25-2020, 10:38 AM   #52168
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Keep plugging.
I had to walk off a consulting gig several years back. It was a really sensitive project so they couldn't tell me much about it in the mutual interview/get-to-know-you process. They didn't balk at the rate I quoted them, so we inked the deal. Came in and was horrified at what a cluster it was. They had been kicking this thing down the street for 6 years and it wasn't even close to being in a viable state. Nobody there had worked anywhere else, so they didn't know how truly terrible they were at what they were trying to do. Dunning-Kruger effect squared. I lasted 6 weeks, at which point I decided I didn't want the liability of being traceable to this thing, if it ever made it into production (which seemed really unlikely). I bailed, which cost me a business relationship with a guy who I really liked doing business with and considered to be a good friend. Freedom isn't free, unfortunately.

The guy they had hired before me only lasted 2 days, so I guess I kicked his ass by hanging in there for 6 weeks. Heard a couple years later that the whole project was cancelled after 7 years and almost $100MM spent. I was really relieved to hear that. Failure of this particular system would have brought financial calamity to the US, and I'm not exaggerating even a tiny bit. The only thing to do with a project that dysfunctional is to take it out behind the barn and put a bullet in its head.

Lesson: if you value your principles, your integrity and your sanity, sometimes you just have to walk away. Maintain your finances accordingly so that when the time comes you can pull the trigger and live off your "Fuck You" fund for a while. There's nothing worse than being stuck in a situation that's sucking the life out of you.
Rmtt8206.00
      02-25-2020, 11:08 AM   #52169
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ah, crap, sounds like mostly personal component, that's tougher. You need someone to hash it out with you can always PM me. Sometimes writing stuff out has a clarifying effect on things in terms of how to tackle / approach and what you need to do.
I appreciate it. Not gonna bother you with my bs. We all have our own problems
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2020, 11:20 AM   #52170
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Wtf Is this ass backwards witchcraft they are teaching the kids in school?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
FizzyElf133.00
      02-25-2020, 11:29 AM   #52171
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Wtf Is this ass backwards witchcraft they are teaching the kids in school?
There are tally marks for each of the digits. Add up the tally marks digit-by-digit and you've got your sum. Not how I learned it, but it's how I do addition in my head. Before you can do it in your head, you have to practice it on paper.

Hopefully they also get to learn some proofs. They're really valuable mental exercises.
Attached Images

Joekerr7926.00
Dang3r12503.00
Relak247.00
      02-25-2020, 02:25 PM   #52172
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
I appreciate it. Not gonna bother you with my bs. We all have our own problems
Hang in there man. I feel you. Aside from the issues with my father, my boss (The Owner) is wanting to run the company a little leaner.

My group has always avoided these "cuts" as we have implemented multiple projects that have saved a ton of money throughout the years....and most with an ROI of 8 months or less.

But I have a guy in my group who's at full retirement age, and my boss is wanting me to essentially convince him to retire.

This guy has been at this one place for almost 30 years, never gave any issues, and most importantly has a ton of "tribal" knowledge that is very handy.

He shows up everday and works harder than the young people we have......stuff like that pisses me off.
GERMAN M34176.50
Dang3r12503.00
      03-17-2020, 06:39 PM   #52173
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Is it regardless or irregardless?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 07:32 PM   #52174
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

The first
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 07:40 PM   #52175
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Stock steering wheel in the Miata has seen better days so I want to upgrade, but the NB has limited options if you want to retain the airbag (As I do).

Flyin' Miata Cipher wheel w/square bottom $339, but same size as stock or Guardian Designs wheel that is 10mm smaller than stock so I get some leg room, but it's about $500 smh!!!

Miss my NA Miatas. Just did a non-airbag wheel for sub $200.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 08:54 AM   #52176
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

lol so my coworker was estatic cause he just bought plane tickets for $200 cause he thought it was soooo cheap to fly from OH to CA cause he wants to go to Disneyland. i told his dumbass "you know DisneyLand is closed or will be closed." he literally didn't believe me. i'm going to just leave it at that and wait for him to call me when he standing at Disneyland's front gates and wondering why it's not open?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      03-18-2020, 11:37 AM   #52177
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
lol so my coworker was estatic cause he just bought plane tickets for $200 cause he thought it was soooo cheap to fly from OH to CA cause he wants to go to Disneyland. i told his dumbass "you know DisneyLand is closed or will be closed." he literally didn't believe me. i'm going to just leave it at that and wait for him to call me when he standing at Disneyland's front gates and wondering why it's not open?
It's going to look like the scene from National Lampoons when they finally get to Wally World!
      03-18-2020, 04:18 PM   #52178
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
It's going to look like the scene from National Lampoons when they finally get to Wally World!
Hope he doesn't take someone hostage.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-19-2020, 07:50 AM   #52179
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

gloomy weather outside
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 08:02 AM   #52180
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Why did I wash the Hellcat yesterday when it rained this morning? Woohoo!

Also, pollen is here already. Black car ftl
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2020, 09:41 AM   #52181
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Why did I wash the Hellcat yesterday when it rained this morning? Woohoo!

Also, pollen is here already. Black car ftl
JetBlack here and even when parked in the garage it gets dirty?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 09:45 AM   #52182
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

You maybe need a dust buster before drive in?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 10:25 AM   #52183
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
JetBlack here and even when parked in the garage it gets dirty?
Yea, dust is everywhere, but garage dust v pollen? Pollen is gonna make black look stupid dirty in 5 minutes
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2020, 01:48 PM   #52184
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Hey MKSixer - I'm curious - do you find the statement "That's like the pot calling the kettle black" to be racist?

I'll be honest - never before had I ever considered that to be racist, or even thought about it. But my employee mentioned that someone had told her that was racist, because the statement is apparently suggesting black is negative.

I can sort of see the argument now, but part of me thinks it is just being ultra sensitive too and making something up that isn't there. Because I always took that statement to mean the two were the same...not that there was some negative connotation to colour.

Don't know, so I thought I'd ask.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread