Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5M G05, Mini 2016 S

Adroid Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek View Post
my phone wants to connect to Android auto now with.31
Post a picture of it trying to connect to Android Auto. I am interested in adroid auto more than Apple Car Play as I have a Galaxy S10+ 5G.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 08:23 PM   #24
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

I just checked on my vehicle and I get no such notice.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 08:36 PM   #25
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
I just checked on my vehicle and I get no such notice.
Here you go.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 08:52 PM   #26
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Here you go.
This looks to me like your phone is looking for Android Auto. Not your vehicle trying to connect to Android Auto.

Do you have Android Auto installed on your phone? If so, there are settings in the Android Auto app on your phone that allow you to connect your phone to the vehicles Android Auto interface. However, if there is no "Android Auto" app in your vehicle's App menu then you don't have Android Auto on your vehicle.

If you already have Android Auto installed on your phone then it's just telling you that it is searching for a Bluetooth device that supports Android Auto which the BMW does not currently have.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 08:11 PM   #27
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Quote:
Here you go.
This looks to me like your phone is looking for Android Auto. Not your vehicle trying to connect to Android Auto.

Do you have Android Auto installed on your phone? If so, there are settings in the Android Auto app on your phone that allow you to connect your phone to the vehicles Android Auto interface. However, if there is no "Android Auto" app in your vehicle's App menu then you don't have Android Auto on your vehicle.

If you already have Android Auto installed on your phone then it's just telling you that it is searching for a Bluetooth device that supports Android Auto which the BMW does not currently have.
so my phone didn't change from day before to day after. BMW has to have added something in the system in preperation for a phone to react.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 09:17 PM   #28
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
so my phone didn't change from day before to day after. BMW has to have added something in the system in preperation for a phone to react.
I just got .31 last Friday and I don't get that message. I have a Samsung Note 8. I didn't have the Android Auto App installed. When you posted this I went out to the car and installed Android Auto on my Phone and went through the settings in Android Auto on the phone. I did not get the message that you are getting.

Do you have another vehicle that has Android Auto? If so, Maybe it's looking fro Android Auto on another vehicle that's within range.

If that's not the case, I would suggest clearing the cache on your Android Auto phone App and see if it still gives you that message. If it does, you might want to uninstall and then re-install the App on your phone and see if it still comes up. I would also reboot iDrive on your BMW and see if that has any effect on it as well.
Appreciate 0