BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-01-2020, 02:59 AM   #1
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Dash coding / sport displays hp/tq

I am a novice with regard to Bimmercode. Just stating that up front. All I've coded so far are the "basic" things. Nothing in "expert" mode.

I've been avoiding coding the dash to a different layout, due to the loss of the X5M50i logo, that several people have recorded losing.

My question is..... if I do recode the dash to the "M" dash (or something else?), I know it increases the tach, as well as the speedo.

Does it increase the HP and Torque readings on the sport display? Currently reads a max of 560 hp, and 560 tq (or 800 nm). I have a standing appointment with BR Performance just North of Brussels to dynotune my car, as soon as this quarantine ends. They have tuned an M50i before, and the final numbers were 680hp.

If I recode my dash..... will it also recode my sport displays to read higher?
6-Piston X5M Big Brake Kit:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1779038
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 04:34 AM   #2
sjak92
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 30d MY24 + G20 M340i MY24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
I am a novice with regard to Bimmercode. Just stating that up front. All I've coded so far are the "basic" things. Nothing in "expert" mode.

I've been avoiding coding the dash to a different layout, due to the loss of the X5M50i logo, that several people have recorded losing.

My question is..... if I do recode the dash to the "M" dash (or something else?), I know it increases the tach, as well as the speedo.

Does it increase the HP and Torque readings on the sport display? Currently reads a max of 560 hp, and 560 tq (or 800 nm). I have a standing appointment with BR Performance just North of Brussels to dynotune my car, as soon as this quarantine ends. They have tuned an M50i before, and the final numbers were 680hp.

If I recode my dash..... will it also recode my sport displays to read higher?
Unfortunately that is a separate coding. Also, you can code any logo on the cluster. You could have M50i or M or even have it blank
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 08:50 AM   #3
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

If I could keep the M50i logo, I would do it.

I would also like to have the sport displays adjusted too.

Sounds like I'll need to find an expert to do it for me. I had a guy with my last car that coded it remotely through esys.... but he doesn't exist anymore.

Anyone do this online/remotely?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 08:54 PM   #4
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
If I could keep the M50i logo, I would do it.

I would also like to have the sport displays adjusted too.

Sounds like I'll need to find an expert to do it for me. I had a guy with my last car that coded it remotely through esys.... but he doesn't exist anymore.

Anyone do this online/remotely?
you def can keep the X5 M50i logo... ive tested it out on my 40i for a few minutes as i was circulating through the logos before resting on the blank M logo.
Appreciate 0