03-14-2020, 08:09 AM   #45
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Current: 2019 BWM X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Something went wrong with my order. BMW Belux is now in contact with BMW Munich HQ to get a quick production date and accelerated delivery. Hopefully Corona won't mess this up.
Happy for you but I'm afraid the factory will shut down sooner or later.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 09:05 AM   #46
awosy
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50e

Quote:
Something went wrong with my order. BMW Belux is now in contact with BMW Munich HQ to get a quick production date and accelerated delivery. Hopefully Corona won't mess this up.
What went wrong?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 06:43 AM   #47
awosy
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

My delivery is postponed to week 24. My dealer says deliveries to them are halted for now since last Wednesday. He doesn't know if the cars will even be transferred to Europe at this point at all. So they are in the dark too at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 07:02 AM   #48
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by awosy View Post
My delivery is postponed to week 24. My dealer says deliveries to them are halted for now since last Wednesday. He doesn't know if the cars will even be transferred to Europe at this point at all. So they are in the dark too at the moment.
When was your production date? My dealer told me Saturday that my production week is 14. Spartanburg closes end of that week.
I'm curious if the car really goes into production that week. I would be surprised if it did.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 12:55 PM   #49
Skilly
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M Sport

when do they cut over to MY2021 - would that be around week 30 something?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 01:38 PM   #50
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
When was your production date? My dealer told me Saturday that my production week is 14. Spartanburg closes end of that week.
I'm curious if the car really goes into production that week. I would be surprised if it did.
My dealer is totally left in the dark for the moment.
They have no idea anymore when the car will be built and delivered.
I'm afraid that the US will be hit a lot harder than Europe viewing the limited measures they are taking compared to the total lockdown of Europe.

Hope for the best I guess.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 02:06 PM   #51
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateeke81 View Post
My dealer is totally left in the dark for the moment.
They have no idea anymore when the car will be built and delivered.
I'm afraid that the US will be hit a lot harder than Europe viewing the limited measures they are taking compared to the total lockdown of Europe.

Hope for the best I guess.
Dealer got an acknowledgement of production week 14. So I guess this is status 112?
Hopefully it goes in production but I really don't know, I would be surprised if it did. Getting the car to Europe is something else

What is the production time of an X5?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 02:23 PM   #52
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Dealer got an acknowledgement of production week 14. So I guess this is status 112?
Hopefully it goes in production but I really don't know, I would be surprised if it did. Getting the car to Europe is something else

What is the production time of an X5?
A good week from start production to release from quality check is my estimate.
Then there is also shipping etc. So even if they start on monday and there is a ship waiting waiting with open doors it will take about 10 days before leaving to Europe, i'm afraid it won't make it out before shutdown.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 01:54 PM   #53
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateeke81 View Post
A good week from start production to release from quality check is my estimate.
Then there is also shipping etc. So even if they start on monday and there is a ship waiting waiting with open doors it will take about 10 days before leaving to Europe, i'm afraid it won't make it out before shutdown.
No, they closed sooner. It doesn't look good in the US. I would be surprised if they open April 12th. I think they can be closed for months and ending the MY2020 production.

I also don't see European plants reopening April 19th.

Perhaps I will then have a MY2021 end of the year if everything goes well. I'm really not optimistic anymore, and not only about the car but the complete health, social economical picture.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 08:01 AM   #54
awosy
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

So latest news, production planned for w38 and delivery in week 45, that will make a total of 1y2months of waiting.
Not mentioned, but I'm assuming a disclaimer which says these dates are open to changes still
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 08:28 AM   #55
Heavyd
Major
Rep

So you jumped from W15 to W38 and they find that acceptable?
Do you get compensation?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 11:29 AM   #56
awosy
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
So you jumped from W15 to W38 and they find that acceptable?
Do you get compensation?
My dealer said they couldn't do anything, they tried to get it in week 32, but it gets rejected every time. And even that would seem a long postponement for something that was ready to go in w15.

I didn't talk about compensations actually but it's a good point to think about, I guess I just expect time to blame it on covid-19 and get no compensation at all. I will talk with my dealer about this, maybe I need to go above them to get a compensation arranged or something, I don't know.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 03:18 PM   #57
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive45e

Quote:
My dealer said they couldn't do anything, they tried to get it in week 32, but it gets rejected every time. And even that would seem a long postponement for something that was ready to go in w15.

I didn't talk about compensations actually but it's a good point to think about, I guess I just expect time to blame it on covid-19 and get no compensation at all. I will talk with my dealer about this, maybe I need to go above them to get a compensation arranged or something, I don't know.
Hmm, mind me asking what dealership you’re at? Mine said the same thing about requesting for w32, I thought it was oddly specific. What the hell is in w32
(Currently scheduled in the system for w39)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 09:10 PM   #58
mrracer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 s40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pho View Post
Hmm, mind me asking what dealership you’re at? Mine said the same thing about requesting for w32, I thought it was oddly specific. What the hell is in w32
(Currently scheduled in the system for w39)
My guess is that Week 32 (August 3, 2020) - Scheduled beginning of MY21.
Unless they are pushing back MY21 to some week after W32, but before W39.
Appreciate 1
pho116.00
      07-23-2020, 11:58 AM   #59
awosy
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

still in status 111 Capacity checked since 20/05/2020, delivery estimated week 45, so actually I don't have any confirmed production date yet since the reopening
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 02:19 AM   #60
awosy
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

1st of September the car went to status 150 and I got a vin number, I guess the waiting period is almost coming to an end :-)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 06:16 PM   #61
Olivier1985
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Hi Guys,so my story is that i ordered my 45 e in November2019 was plannend for delivery in Juni 2020 but due to COVID 19 was posponed to mid September week of the 7th or 14th september, now yesterday i got a phonecall from dealer, thinking he was gonne tell me the exact deliverydate but noooooo he told me there was a mistake and that my car somehow wasnt even produced yet! They made a file and send it to bmw HQ.... ill hear them next tuesday. What should i get as compensation you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 09:54 PM   #62
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier1985 View Post
i ordered my 45 e in November2019 ... yesterday i got a phonecall from dealer ... he told me there was a mistake and that my car somehow wasnt even produced yet!

With so many other deliveries happening and the 9 month delay I think you have to accept a bit of the blame ... and given you're in Belgium I'm not sure how the dealerships are affiliated with either the importer and/or BMW AG. With that ...

** WARNING - Only nerd stuff past this point **

Here in the US, dealerships are independent businesses that ultimately have nothing to do with BMW other than their franchise contract to share branding and maintain operating standards; thus for things like this, here, you might have to deal directly with the importer, which is BMWNA in this case, to get concessions from BMW (versus concessions from the independent business of the dealership).

The weird thing is, BMW AG owns BMWNA who in turn owns BMW Manufacturing, i.e., BMW Spartanburg which makes the X5 - so the question would be (maybe), who is the Belgium/EU importing agent for BMW Spartanburg vehicles and what is the local Belgium BMW dealership relationship to them? That is, does the Belgium/EU importing agent own the dealerships, does BMW AG own them, or are they independent businesses? This would tell you how much leverage you have with your dealership versus going to the importer (e.g., a small independent business dealership can't afford much and would need help from the importing agent which you would also be pressing vs if BMW AG or the importing agent own the dealership, then there are lots of resources ...)

Here in the US, a big dealer might be willing to work with you to avoid the bad press, so that'd be option #1. Failing that, Option #2 would be to work with the importer directly, i.e, BMWNA - ideally you do both at the same time.

As to your specific question, probably more than a keychain and less than a free car so whatever you can negotiate - either way, in this case, I'd say it should be you who does the offer anchoring ... maybe 25% off MSRP? And/or free maintenance for 8 yrs/80k mi? and/or 1 years use of a 2nd demo car for free?

Last edited by GrussGott; 09-05-2020 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 10:20 PM   #63
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier1985 View Post
Hi Guys,so my story is that i ordered my 45 e in November2019 was plannend for delivery in Juni 2020 but due to COVID 19 was posponed to mid September week of the 7th or 14th september, now yesterday i got a phonecall from dealer, thinking he was gonne tell me the exact deliverydate but noooooo he told me there was a mistake and that my car somehow wasnt even produced yet! They made a file and send it to bmw HQ.... ill hear them next tuesday. What should i get as compensation you guys think?
That is really a bad phone call for you. Sorry for you.

If it is not produced it will still take 2 ? months before you get it with transport etc.

Question is who made the mistake. Bmw or the dealer. BMW can do more than the dealer.

You can cancel your order? But I don't think you want that. No alternatives.

Is your current car ok? Are you selling it to the dealer: make sure the price doesn't decrease while waiting and ask for a good loaner until you get the new one.

25% off sounds nice but is not going to happen in Belgium I think. You can always try. See what they offer. Maybe if Bmw made the error

If the dealers fault, Maybe free winterwheels and rubber mats. That is 3-5 K depending on the wheels ?
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      09-06-2020, 02:48 PM   #64
Olivier1985
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

A picture from my calender in my labo to motivate me, all to get disapointed by BMW.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 05:55 PM   #65
awosy
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Car went to status 153 Assembly Started, about 2 more months and the wait should be finally over
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 02:36 PM   #66
aceman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 550ix, 2008 Corvette

Wow...

Quote:
Car went to status 153 Assembly Started, about 2 more months and the wait should be finally over

I don't know how you do it - BMW would never earn my business with these kind of lead times!
Appreciate 0