BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-16-2020, 10:49 PM   #1
bazi_kr
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

X6 40i ordered...anxiously waiting

Hi guys, totally new to the forum and to BMWs. Used to own a fun Audi S5 which I sold last year. Was looking for a new daily and after a lot of different test drives, fell in love with the X6.

3/16/2020: scheduled for production.

Hoping I am able to receive the vehicle in 4 weeks or less!

Here are the specs:
X40i
Mineral white
Tacora red interior
Ash wood interior
M sports
Executive package
Acoustic glass
22in 742M black wheels
Extended shadow line

Can't wait!!!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 11:04 PM   #2
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

Congrats! Looks great.

I have an X6, M50i on order (Thread)

What is your Build Week? (If you have a production #, which you obviously do, your SA should be able to give it to you...) That, more than anything, will tell you what to expect as far as timing.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2020, 05:57 AM   #3
bazi_kr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkratochvil View Post
Congrats! Looks great.

What is your Build Week? (If you have a production #, which you obviously do, your SA should be able to give it to you...) That, more than anything, will tell you what to expect as far as timing.
thanks! Since I'm a complete novice, I'll have to check on the build week as you pointed out! Will get back on here with an update

Saw your M50i post. That's a great combo. I bet you can't wait to have it ready for pick up! Lol
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 10:39 AM   #4
bazi_kr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Congrats! Looks great.

Quote:
Congrats! Looks great.

The build just updated to "Production begins" and I see a VIN # as well. Hopefully that's a good sign.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 07:15 AM   #5
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

mine changed to "production begins on 3/11. It's been in that status since---8 days
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2020, 08:19 AM   #6
bazi_kr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp82 View Post
mine changed to "production begins on 3/11. It's been in that status since---8 days
From speaking to other folks and looking at the forums, it seems like 1-2 weeks is normal for the status to stay that way and than it quickly moves further along. At least I'm hoping for that. Mine is still the same.

What options did you get with ur build? Sometimes that can also be a factor it seems.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 12:05 PM   #7
Sp82
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazi_kr View Post
From speaking to other folks and looking at the forums, it seems like 1-2 weeks is normal for the status to stay that way and than it quickly moves further along. At least I'm hoping for that. Mine is still the same.

What options did you get with ur build? Sometimes that can also be a factor it seems.

Not too many. Msport, 22in bicolor M wheels, air suspension, mineral white. That's about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 07:05 PM   #8
bazi_kr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Not too many. Msport, 22in bicolor M wheels, air suspension, mineral white. That's about it.
Nice. I was debating the bicolor 22"M wheels as well but ended up with all black with the extended shadow line
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 09:42 AM   #9
Sp82
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Nice. I was debating the bicolor 22"M wheels as well but ended up with all black with the extended shadow line

Nice...going to look baaadd!

congrats..lets fight to get through this pandemic
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 10:31 AM   #10
jpichardo91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx / 2020 BMW x5 M50i

Quote:

Yes, this is true.

My order for my x5 stayed at production begins for 1 week and a half. then in 1-2 days, all the reaming steps were completed.

I got my custom order about a month ago.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 12:29 PM   #11
bazi_kr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpichardo91 View Post
Quote:

Yes, this is true.

My order for my x5 stayed at production begins for 1 week and a half. then in 1-2 days, all the reaming steps were completed.

I got my custom order about a month ago.
that's good to know. What options did you get if you don't mind me asking and also if you can share the timeline from getting into production to final delivery.

Let's all hope this Corona situation doesn't delay things to some crazy 3,4,5 month wait!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 12:30 PM   #12
bazi_kr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Nice...going to look baaadd!

congrats..lets fight to get through this pandemic
Honestly that's is the only thing I'm worried about is the Corona situation. Fingers crossed it doesn't have any major impact on delivery timeline.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 08:09 AM   #13
jpichardo91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx / 2020 BMW x5 M50i

Quote:
that's good to know. What options did you get if you don't mind me asking and also if you can share the timeline from getting into production to final delivery.

Let's all hope this Corona situation doesn't delay things to some crazy 3,4,5 month wait!!!!!
2020 BMW x5 M50i
Alpine white / Black Extended Merino Leather
Aluminum Dark Mesh Interior Trim
Driver Assis Package
Luxury Seating Package
Executive Package
22 Inch Black Rims
Air Suspension
Bowers and Wilkins
Glass Control
Extended Shadowline Trim
Front and Rear Heated Seats
Heated front armrests and steering wheel

I order around December 27th 2019

Allocation was given to me on January 6-7th 2020

Production was set for 2nd week of February

February 3rd Production began according to the build tracker and stayed like this till February 13th

February 13th-February 15th all the remaining steps finished on the tracker

February 17th, The Dealer received the vehicle from the factory

February 21st, I took delivery of the vehicle, I could of taken delivery as soon as February 19th but was working and had no free time till Friday.

Hope all this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Hopefully the virus does not delay your process
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 01:55 PM   #14
orangecat
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Yes, mine also just recently spent almost a week in "production begins" then it sped through the next steps (assembly, quality check) in a couple days. Now it is waiting for carrier assignment and has been for 3 days so I'm wondering if there may be delays there. When I first called 3/19 was my expected date of completion but I don't know if that meant at the factory or at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 08:24 AM   #15
bazi_kr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecat View Post
Yes, mine also just recently spent almost a week in "production begins" then it sped through the next steps (assembly, quality check) in a couple days. Now it is waiting for carrier assignment and has been for 3 days so I'm wondering if there may be delays there. When I first called 3/19 was my expected date of completion but I don't know if that meant at the factory or at the dealer.
Just got done speaking to a BMW genius and they said that the Spartanburg production has been shutdown until apr 12th but subject to change based on conditions on the ground with the virus situation.

My vehicle was supposed to complete production by mar 30th but now sitting somewhere in-between. I was told to check back closer to apr 12th date to get further updates.

So best case scenario, I receive the vehicle end of April. Worst case...who knows, may be 2 or 3 more months! Sighhhhhhh 🤲🏽
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 07:19 PM   #16
Mistertmac
Chief Warrant Officer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 ZCP,20 G06,24 G05 M60i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecat View Post
Just got done speaking to a BMW genius and they said that the Spartanburg production has been shutdown until apr 12th but subject to change based on conditions on the ground with the virus situation.

My vehicle was supposed to complete production by mar 30th but now sitting somewhere in-between. I was told to check back closer to apr 12th date to get further updates.

So best case scenario, I receive the vehicle end of April. Worst case...who knows, may be 2 or 3 more months! Sighhhhhhh 🤲🏽
My 2020 X6 x40i production order was originally Week 14 delivery, then early last week it went to Week 18, two days later it was scheduled for Week 19.
2022 G01/X3 DG/TR M40i
Appreciate 0