04-19-2020, 10:49 AM   #23
Un Gato Malodoro
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Azurite Black F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajindergill View Post
I would do the sensible thing that would make you sleep better at night and cancel the order. If your income does not recover quickly then you do not have the $100k financial commitment, but at worst lost $1k - its few weeks beer money or small holiday. But in these times, I think the dealer will give back the deposit as they cannot guarantee delivery with any certainty.

In addition, to kick start the economy they will no doubt be discounting the cars further, so if your income recovers you'll get the $1k in better discounts next time round.
I agree...if this continues much longer (and no one really knows) the deals theoretically will improve (pricing, financial incentives) so waiting a few months may be a benefit. I'm waiting and watching to see what is offered after another month or so, especially as the auto outlook remains bleak.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 06:50 PM   #24
dds007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95, F97, F85, F82

Thank you for the responses! The dealership did give me a refund and I will just wait and see what happens to the car prices over the next few months before deciding on the next car.

Fingers crossed that the urus is discounted heavily lol.
      04-20-2020, 08:48 PM   #25
kkpat
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dds007 View Post
Thank you for the responses! The dealership did give me a refund and I will just wait and see what happens to the car prices over the next few months before deciding on the next car.

Fingers crossed that the urus is discounted heavily lol.
You did the right thing. Beemer is luxury, not necessity. And there is no need of one if the income is down by 95%. Lucky for you, you have a choice and not stuck with $1000/month in car payment.

I read all the comments and those of you who are saying don't panic this is temporary only; yes you are right but there is no guarantee for income for the dentist to come back to normal even by end of the year. So if some one has a choice they should not splurge on Beemer rather wait till the income is back. There is whole life ahead to enjoy the luxury. For now simple car will do the job.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 02:59 AM   #26
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Sure is, also for a poor guy at BMW factory who just lost his job...
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 02:20 PM   #27
Bogey4me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F85, G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki021 View Post
Sure is, also for a poor guy at BMW factory who just lost his job...
🙄
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 07:30 AM   #28
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Business will not return to normal anytime soon. Dental care is the least concern of an individuals overall health due to the lack of insurance coverage and high out of pocket costs. You would be surprised at how many people are using tele-health, urgent care and ED's for tooth pain demanding antibiotics. 22 million unemployed now, which just wiped out the past 9 1/2 years of job creation. Without a COVID-19 vaccine, dental care will suffer due to the close exposure that patients will put off care. Sorry for the off topic post.
Special circumstances exist ONLY during COVID to prescribe antibiotics without directly examining a patient. You would be surprised at the number of people running around with dental infections, bad cavities, or a need for a tooth extraction that have manifested since this started.

OP, hopefully you office is proactive (not sure if you are the principal or an associate), but time to get on those webinars and work on strategies to reactive your patient base. I think one thing we all crave is some structure and return of normalcy to our loves. I have frankly been surprised at the number of patients that were upset at not being able to come in for a cleaning.

I personal cancelled an order just to be prudent. Like one other member said above...there will always be a car to order. Always something new and better.

On a positive note, things could be worse. At least you don't have a jackass like Justin Trudeau doing everything he can to destroy your oil industry.
Appreciate 1
dds007411.00
      04-25-2020, 01:52 AM   #29
CityLife
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Do what you think is best when it comes to purchasing the vehicle, but no freaking way I let them keep the $1000. There may be something in the contract language that allows for a refund, if the car is delayed due to COVID or anything changes due to the global pandemic with this deal, it should be an out.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 06:01 PM   #30
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
You panickers are gonna get us in trouble...
In contrast to Swiss people, most Americans don’t have huge savings on their UBS account. In fact, many Americans live from paycheck to paycheck. Can’t expect people to spend their last money on some crazy M car.
Appreciate 1
Miko M6648.50
      04-26-2020, 06:12 PM   #31
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

The economy will be low to recover. Hold off your purchases. Manufacturers will create deeper incentives to help create demand. A $120K X5M is a $50K X5 with a better engine. Wait for bigger incentives and if possible by then.
      05-03-2020, 06:19 PM   #32
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
You panickers are gonna get us in trouble...
In contrast to Swiss people, most Americans don’t have huge savings on their UBS account. In fact, many Americans live from paycheck to paycheck. Can’t expect people to spend their last money on some crazy M car.
You are absolutely right!!!!

To be hones I will be on safe side and won't buy anything and the reason is the worst is coming later.

I better be safe then sorry.

Protect Family first.
AlexFL7833.00
      05-04-2020, 08:14 AM   #33
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Well, I also assume most American's don't buy M cars either...

Such people shouldn't be buying a 100k+ car in the first place.

It's funny how you would like that your customers continue buying whatever you are offering, but you would like to be on a safe side and delay everything. Once things are back to normal, you will start spending again? Very selfish thinking.

And what happens when many people start thinking like that? Money velocity slows down and everything goes to hell. Yes, worst is coming if, but only if you cause it.

I also don't understand why are you advising somebody to be super, extra cautions just because he is on this forum? But on the other hand, you absolutely don't care about much poorer people who will lose their jobs because of such behavior.

On the bright side, hope I will be able to profit from this and get some crazy deal in September/October when I need to order a new car, probably the X5M.
Appreciate 2
dds007411.00
AlexM51.50
      05-11-2020, 08:24 AM   #34
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Well, I also assume most American's don't buy M cars either...

Such people shouldn't be buying a 100k+ car in the first place.

It's funny how you would like that your customers continue buying whatever you are offering, but you would like to be on a safe side and delay everything. Once things are back to normal, you will start spending again? Very selfish thinking.

And what happens when many people start thinking like that? Money velocity slows down and everything goes to hell. Yes, worst is coming if, but only if you cause it.

I also don't understand why are you advising somebody to be super, extra cautions just because he is on this forum? But on the other hand, you absolutely don't care about much poorer people who will lose their jobs because of such behavior.

On the bright side, hope I will be able to profit from this and get some crazy deal in September/October when I need to order a new car, probably the X5M.
Laki, I know both sides very well. I've spent eight years living in Switzerland (Zurich and Nyon). Two very different spending attitudes. A Swiss person will not overspend! Many Americans have a tendency to overspend and accumulate debts. This is also encouraged by the system here that wants you to spend as much as possible and take as many credits as only possible. Many have huge monthly spendings on all kinds of credits and absolutely dispensable stuff such as leasing 120k M cars they should not be leasing with their fragile financial status. When they suddenly lose their job, which is obviously not uncommon in America in general and especially these days, or have sudden medical expenses, also not uncommon in this country where many are uninsured, the whole family is screwed (incl. small kids).
Appreciate 1
dds007411.00
      05-11-2020, 11:56 AM   #35
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Important thing is, we got a happy ending, he bought the X5MC and is enjoying the car 😀
Appreciate 1
dds007411.00
      05-11-2020, 01:37 PM   #36
dds007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95, F97, F85, F82

Debt collectors will have to pry the keys out of cold dead hands if I ever lose my job.