BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-09-2020, 07:36 PM   #1
Dallasnewbie
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i

A few newbie questions!

Hey guys,

New to BMW and to the forum! Just purchased a 2020 X5 and would love your help with a few things!!!

1.) Anyone know how to set the cruise control to the ACTUAL speed you are going rather than to the speed limit?
2.) Anyone know how to stop the passenger mirror from tilting down when in reverse?
3.) Anyone know how to make hands free calls while in Apple Car Play? While in Apple Car Play I apparently cannot day “Call xxxxx” ??

I’m sure I’m going to have other random questions as I learn this vehicle, but I’d truly appreciate any insight on these few!

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 07:54 PM   #2
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

# 2 is definitely in the user manual
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 11:19 PM   #3
spike5150
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

1). Do you have driver assist pro, or just regular cruise control?
2). Move the mirror adjust (left/right) selector to the opposite of what you have it set on now.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 12:30 AM   #4
BMW_Cyprus
Private
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Looking forward to G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasnewbie View Post
Hey guys,

New to BMW and to the forum! Just purchased a 2020 X5 and would love your help with a few things!!!

1.) Anyone know how to set the cruise control to the ACTUAL speed you are going rather than to the speed limit?
2.) Anyone know how to stop the passenger mirror from tilting down when in reverse?
3.) Anyone know how to make hands free calls while in Apple Car Play? While in Apple Car Play I apparently cannot day "Call xxxxx" ??

I'm sure I'm going to have other random questions as I learn this vehicle, but I'd truly appreciate any insight on these few!

Thanks in advance!
Pic 1 and 2 for cruise control on/off depending on whether you have ACC or not

Pic 3 - move the switch marked 2 towards the passenger side to stop the mirror from looking towards the curb when you select reverse gear

If you have not done so yet then go ahead and download the G05 technical documents from the sticky thread or also can refer to the in car manual. Lots of information in them and they make for good bedtime reading 🙂
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 02:50 AM   #5
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasnewbie View Post
Hey guys,

3.) Anyone know how to make hands free calls while in Apple Car Play? While in Apple Car Play I apparently cannot day “Call xxxxx” ??

I’m sure I’m going to have other random questions as I learn this vehicle, but I’d truly appreciate any insight on these few!

Thanks in advance!
Just a tip you can download the drivers guide app in the App Store. Works really good. Much easier than the paper version.

If your speed is set in cruise controle and you have speed limit recognition and speed limit will change the coming km you will see the new speed in the head up display. Pushing "set" will change the speed to that one once you enter the higher or lower speed zone automatically. You can program how this works. So you can program it so that is always chose + 1 to 10 km/h above the speedlimit. You can chose a different one for speeds below 5 km/h
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 12:13 PM   #6
mrichione
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

1) Click the speed adjustment wheel on the left of the steering wheel up while your foot is on the accelerator and cruise is active

2) Keep the mirror adjustment switch in the right position (as if setting the passenger-side mirror)

3) Long press the voice command button on the steering wheel to activate Siri rather than BMW voice assistant
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #7
Dallasnewbie
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i

I’ll try all of this, thank you guys SO much!
Appreciate 0