1Mors
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xdrive40i msport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by robersoj1 View Post
Have any of you guys tried a car air blower to prevent the swirl getting in your paint. I ordered a X7 with TB paint and would hate to get paint swirls.
Yes. it's the way to go. I got a ego leaf blower 765 model with the stubby nozzle. That way I can clean the car which it does amazing and change to the regular nozzle when I want to blow away dirt and leaves.

Dual purpose and super efficient. Touchless drying honestly works best when car washing. If you have a ceramic coating it is effortless. Water beads up on the car to begin with and flys off effortlessly.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 02:43 PM   #112
Tekhed2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaeffs888 View Post
The unfortunate reality is that if you want to avoid the swirls - you have to wash it yourself. I'm using bucket guards / clean mitts / blow dry to ensure the TB keeps as unmarked as possible for as long as possible. Even then I am sure it will need some TLC / Paint correction by a professional every year or so... It's a colour that shows the swirls more than most...
This ^^^^
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2022, 07:47 PM   #113
robersoj1
Private
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mors View Post
Yes. it's the way to go. I got a ego leaf blower 765 model with the stubby nozzle. That way I can clean the car which it does amazing and change to the regular nozzle when I want to blow away dirt and leaves.

Dual purpose and super efficient. Touchless drying honestly works best when car washing. If you have a ceramic coating it is effortless. Water beads up on the car to begin with and flys off effortlessly.
I am getting the ceramic coating done as soon as I get the car, not waiting around for paint damage.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 11:47 PM   #114
1Mors
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xdrive40i msport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by robersoj1 View Post
I am getting the ceramic coating done as soon as I get the car, not waiting around for paint damage.
Totally worth it.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 07:58 AM   #115
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Like many others have said, hand wash only. I'll leave it dirty for weeks if I don't have the time to wash it by hand, before putting it on a wash rack.
Attached Images

04-15-2023, 02:15 PM   #116
birdbrain99
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowX6M View Post
I bought my 2021 Tanzanite Blue II X6M back in August of last year, and took it for its first car wash for the first time in October. I went to a high end hand wash here in Brooklyn, you only see expensive cars at it. In fact while waiting for my car, there was an Audi R8 at the car wash, and I had a little chat with its owner.

The car came out with horrible swirls all over the paint. I posted a thread about it. https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1765684

I had the car paint corrected back in December, and earlier today I took it for a wash at a very popular high end car wash. At this particular wash it is nothing but expensive cars, it has an excellent reputation amongst car enthusiasts. Yet again, the car has a bunch of swirls. Not as bad as the first time, but very noticeable and obvious, even though its dark out. I can only imagine how bad it will look tomorrow when the sun is out.

I want to know if anyone else had this problem, perhaps the paint quality is subpar?
Thanks for posting this, I thought I was going insane. I notice the swirls on my M340 in Tanzanite. It's mostly noticeable in the sun.

I'm going to take it in to get paint corrected (your results looked really good). Did you find a car wash that doesn't f up your paint?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 06:59 PM   #117
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M, 2012 X5, 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdbrain99 View Post
Thanks for posting this, I thought I was going insane. I notice the swirls on my M340 in Tanzanite. It's mostly noticeable in the sun.

I'm going to take it in to get paint corrected (your results looked really good). Did you find a car wash that doesn't f up your paint?

No, I kind of just stopped caring.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 07:03 PM   #118
bellabimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M F95

I have PPF so I don't have any issues with washing or anything related to it.
Appreciate 0