Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 04:51 PM   #24
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIOSCH View Post
As I thought, one reason presumably being to enable software upgrade post purchase to active cruise control - no additional steering wheel hardware needed. But question is whether such upgrade can actually be done currently on LCI G05, as I seem to recall from reading other threads is reckoned not to be the case in the US at present. Position may be different in UK and elsewhere in Europe but there appears to be no way of confirming availability of that or any other function upgrade for a particular model except by someone already with such car lacking the function in question logging in with the details of it on BMW Connected Drive to see if the upgrade is offered, which I was rather hoping 13 NF might like to try?
Yes, hopefully he will. As you said, it is not available in the US however there was some info that it would be in the UK and some other European countries.
      10-02-2023, 04:58 PM   #25
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 NF View Post
Hi Fiosch

I looked and no obvious option available to me, in the car or app
It wouldn't be in either of those I don't think. You need to check on the ConnectedDrive website and see if it is.

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/shop/ls/dp/...nt_Plus_SFA_gb
      10-02-2023, 06:08 PM   #26
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

The computer won't let you uses full power until the engine has warmed at least some.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 09:58 AM   #27
FIOSCH
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLE 350 de

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
It wouldn't be in either of those I don't think. You need to check on the ConnectedDrive website and see if it is.

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/shop/ls/dp/...nt_Plus_SFA_gb
Sorry, yes - going onto the BMW ConnectedDrive Store website is what I meant. But pity that only has facility to check availability of upgrades for vehicle that’s already owned, added to one’s profile. Would be great if also a prospective purchaser could find out availability for the model they’re thinking of buying, so that if undecided about whether they want all of the functions that are included in, say, the Tech Plus pack, could buy the car without that pack, knowing that it could later be upgraded with certain of those functions, as desired. And that way there’d also be the option of trialling functions by initially getting them on subscription - indeed there are offers on the ConnectedDrive Store of free trial periods for some upgrades, such as Parking Assistance Professional but whether that is applicable to the LCI X5, I can’t tell.

Also it would be good if availability for upgrades could be checked by inputting registration number or VIN of any BMW on the ConnectedDrive Store, so that this could be done for any stock or used car one is looking at possibly buying. Whilst such information ought to be obtainable via the seller/dealer offering it for sale, getting that oneself from direct search of the registration number or VIN on the ConnectedDrive Store, would be a great deal easier and more reliable means of establishing what upgrade options exist for that vehicle I would suggest.

But actually, thinking about it, surprising that dealerships (in the UK at least) don’t advertise such upgrade options that a car has, since you’d have thought that would enhance saleability. I for one wouldn’t buy an X5 that lacked active cruise control, but if confirmed to be upgradeable to have that function at a known cost, via ConnectedDrive, that would be of interest. Suppose this is just further demonstration that the focus of dealerships is not the car itself, nor its features, especially not the technical aspects, but the other products that they sell - finance, GAP insurance, wheel/tyre and cosmetic insurances, paint treatments etc, because those are where their profits mainly come from!
Appreciate 0