BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-29-2021, 08:17 PM   #1
leightos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 XM,'21 45e 'Lemon', '23 45e

Changes to the delivery status, things I learned today

well, I've seen others post that their status has gone from "At the Port" to "In Transit" to back to "At the Port".
I learned today what is probably going on. I called the BMW Genius line and they let me know. Even my CA and local BMW dealer didn't really know what was going on either (no harm no foul, they have lots of incoming cars, and status changes are really not hi-pri to them).
So, since I'm in Ca, the X5s make it across the country by rail. It is quite possible that a stop in KC, e.g., where it will probably switch trains, that the status goes to "At the Port". But when it is on a new train and on the way again, it shows "In Transit". Then when it arrived in San Bernadino it showed in Port again. [NOTE: San Bernadino seems to be where alot of the cars are offloaded for the VPC there, as opposed to where everyone, even my CA thought was supposedly Oxnard].
So, you can see our confusion because when it originally showed "At the port" 2 weeks ago, my BMW dealer said it would be any day now and they assumed (based on what they knew in the past) it was in Oxnard, when in fact it hadn't reached California - this is all according to what the guy on the Genius line told me today.
I requested a Priority 1 offloading - who knows if that actually does anything because the car was supposed be on a truck to the dealer in 3 days anyway.
Enjoy
Appreciate 0